Last I heard, Studio Liverpool was still shut down. Ive not heard anything about SONY planning to resurrect it either.
That makes me really sad since this game has always been one of my absolute favorites of all time.
Because of this we are left with the tracks provided with the game & thats it. No matter how awesome anything is, repetition becomes monotony. I still havent mastered Phantom, so I still have many hours of challenge to go.

But then something came to mind a few weeks ago ..... Map Editor !
Back in the day (way back) when I played Counterstrike on the PC, I was always finding new maps to play in.
These maps were created by the players, not the developer.
Before anyone says "Thats a PC thing & we play on PSN" or "SONY isnt Valve", Im aware of that, but still.....
Wouldnt it be wonderful if SONY perhaps released a Map Editor as an add-on or maybe an App or something like that?

I assume that the tracks we do have were vetted over a very long quality control process, since the physics of the game gell so properly, the turns, the way the ships corner, all that stuff needs to be accounted for in a very strict manner or the game would lose its perfection.
However with the right people involved, Id suggeset SONY brings in veteran ace pilots, along with code monkeys that also understand the basic physics required to make things click, if they were thoughful in developing a map editor, I believe they could produce something that would be worthy to stand next to the current set of tracks in place.

So the reason for this post is to ask if anyone else has thought of this, and to ask for everyones comments on the idea.
Also - is there any word out there regarding SONY's plans to reopen Studio Liverpool, or to continue developing our beloved WipeOut with some other company?

Thanks in advance to all who take the time to post.