Thread: SlipStream GX on Linux

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    unnamedXD

Default SlipStream GX on Linux

Hello, I've been running SSGX on archbang using wine and it's runs perfect, but i can't use and configure my gamepad, the problem is that when i run the game it desn't run the launcher to configure the controls and video settings, it skip the launcher and start the game.
    Anyone is having the same problem ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey there. Unfortunately, nobody of the core team has the ability to simulate your conditions right now. I also don't know that much about Linux etc. but did you try certain compability modes in case such things exist in the Unix world?

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

Hmm, I'll have to look into this..

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I advice you to install playonlinux, as it is a wine wrapper created just for getting games to work.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Quote Originally Posted by unnamedXD View Post
    Hello, I've been running SSGX on archbang using wine and it's runs perfect, but i can't use and configure my gamepad, the problem is that when i run the game it desn't run the launcher to configure the controls and video settings, it skip the launcher and start the game.
    Anyone is having the same problem ?
    For the control Configuration, what I can tell you is that it's kinda... complicated.
    But the guys from ArchLinux have an awesome tutorial that explains everything point to point here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/joystick
    About that problem you were having about not running the launcher, I honestly dunno what's going on, but I think it's something regarding you wine configuration. Have you tried to re-wrap it on wine again or re-create your windows bottle?

Timezone
    GMT -6

so... i dont think this needs its own thread, but... i downloaded the game for windows and whenever i try to open a file in the mzip it doesnt open it. I know that's probably the dumbest thing you've ever heard, but im not exactly a computer genius.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Nevermind! I just figured it out... this is embarrassing