• Amphithere

5 11.63%
  • Helios

4 9.30%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Your Favorite Team in SSGX and Why

I'll be frank,
    the ship designs don't really look that great
    You guys didn't do a bad job with the modelling or the texturing it's just that...the thing you're building of wasn't too good to begin with

I think i'm not alone when I say wipeout pulse or even sometimes pure didn't have the best ship designs in the world...

You should take cues from 2048, yeah that game does it really well(except for the rear of all the ships.... yeah pirhana's rear doesn't look too good)
    I mean if you look at the concept art it really looks and feels like they spent a lot of time trying to make sense how the ships would work in real life

I mean look at this
    wipeout_feisar_agility_by_beere-d9at4wb.jpg
    wipeout_feisar_agility_by_beere-d9at4rn.jpg

Or if you don't want to do that,

Why not look at the original concept art of all of the wipeout games
    http://www.andywhiteley.com/ (wip3out )
    http://www.dglanister.co.uk/#!concept/c14ak (2048 )
    http://nocomplys.deviantart.com/gall...976317/WipEout (more 2048 and HD)

(good luck trying to get anything for pure or 2097 though... )

Also, notice how all the ships have some sort of sponsor in their livery
    Why not follow TDR's footsteps and make up a bunch of fake corporations, or if you want to get real deep, why not tie them in to the back story of the ships?

Like say if LOGOS(goteki 45) were to have a bunch of logos of weapon companies
    and since it's Greek, wouldn't it be cool if we added even more backstory and make it feel like it's a ship that a Greek company would make?
    Like after all these riots going on and unrest, it would have some kind of effect even 152 years in the future,
    So their craft would be armoured as hell and have camo(you got the camo nailed down) and would sponsor merc companies disguised as "protection" companies(make one up)
    Also since Greece has an excelling aluminium industry right now, there's your backstory for the great handling of the craft

How awesome would that be

I respect your opinion, but I have to state a few facts, to clarify some things.

We had our standard ships done almost a year before Wipeout 2048 came out. And I gotta be honest with you, I'm not a fan of WO2048's design. I like some of the ships (Piranha, man), but I wouldn't choose them as my favourite of the whole WO series.

Our design choices have to do with the fact that SlipstreamGX, if put in the Wipeout timeline, it fits just before Wipeout Pure (some 20 years before Pure). So we based the shapes on wipeout Pure's ships. Never did we want to completely copy Wipeout ships. Also there are two reasons why our ships don't display many sponsors: When we made them we had none (mainly because we're not TDR), and this being an amateur league (again, 20 years before Pure), teams are pretty much self sustained, if you notice most amateur motorsport teams, they barely have a couple of sponsors.

About geo-political issues, we don't really care about real world issues, we only expanded on the Wipeout storyline during the gap between WO Fusion and WO Pure. It was never our objective to have such an in depth story as the Wipeout series, which in itself has a rather ridiculous origin, since the AG technology is actually alien.

It's my opinion that you're overanalyzing a fan made project made with little to no resources and that has the sole objective of being a fun game to play.
    Last edited by Xpand; 6th January 2016 at 05:19 PM.

I guess it makes sense that way

And maybe I am over analysing it, after all this is a fan project and game design does take priority over how cool the ships look

I should be forwarding this to a team with considerably high resource that's working on a wipeout game... like R8 themselves, but eh they seem to have it nailed down
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 9th January 2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Don't quote posts immediately before your own

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

I think it's a matter of opinion. A lot of the ships, especially the prototypes, look pretty damn cool imo.
    Attachment 9906
    Attachment 9907
    Attachment 9908
    Attachment 9909
    For what it's worth, it's as xpand says; 2048 did not exist at the time we developed significant parts of the game. That image you've provided also didn't exist during 2048's development; it was created after, as a promotional piece for Quixel suite, by someone unaffiliated (iirc). So that's notable.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadofmondays View Post
    That image you've provided also didn't exist during 2048's development; it was created after, as a promotional piece for Quixel suite, by someone unaffiliated (iirc). So that's notable.
    I knew that

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Hasteguy

Amphithere: because I wear my scrub status on my sleeve. XD

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    GBalao888

Amphithere. While it may have the looks and specs of F.E.I.S.A.R., their story and colors are very much AG Systems. And the fact that they are the "hero team" of the game.