4 9.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Team in SSGX and Why

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Post What's Your Favorite Team in SSGX and Why

Just a little poll to see which SSGX team is most popular! Personally I love iFreet, it's so fast and agile, despite the shielding issues, which can be compensated. However, I hate LOGOS with a burning passion, because they have a nasty habit of stealing my wins.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hard decision.... I'd at first say LOGOS since, well... I'm the pilot and I love the story/idea behind this team. But when it comes down to the actual ship, I prefer A.T.L.A.S, so I am voting for these dudes!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

iFreet, the ship is quite similar in stats to AG Systems, and I love the feel of AG-S, so iFreet is the one for me

EDIT: Oh hey, just be reading the lore about iFreet on the SSGX website, it seems that the team is a derivative of AG Systems, however it isn't outright stated, probably because of copyright stuff.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mikahail

Solaris.
    Well, I like its shape and I have really good sensations with it. All the ships are good, but Solaris is my favorite right now.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

I'm Pirhana fan so guess.
    Though I like the design of Helios AG craft.
    Last edited by TypeProton; 28th March 2014 at 04:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Sorry about the hatred of LOGOS, Kai, but if you are the pilot, then stop stealing my wins!

Also, would I be correct in assuming that the inspiration for the design of the Amphithere ship came from both FEISAR and EG-X, as the picture on your facebook page shows many EG-X similarities past the obvious FEISAR ones.
    Last edited by DDD113; 29th October 2013 at 04:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Haha no problem at all.

And yeah, Amphithere was based on Pure's FEISAR craft afair, Dusk118 came up with the idea and the rough version of a model.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Ok, so there is no inspiration in EG-X. You've gotta love the shape of it though, it just looks cooler than FEISAR... I apologize to FEISAR fans in advance, but FEISAR was a weak looking, drawn back ship, while Amphithere is sleek, sharp, and commanding. It just looks better overall.
    Last edited by DDD113; 30th October 2013 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Wow, can't believe I spelled weak wrong! XD

Actually, if I may correct you docfo4r, according to Dusk118, Amphithere's design is actually a hybrid of FEISAR and EG-X.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Alrighty then I think we got it straightened out. I was surprised that there was no EG-X inspiration, I mean, most of the design elements are similar to FEISAR, but it just has the sharpness of EG-X, a nice ship overall. Now the prototype, that thing is wicked looking, I absolutely love it, just looks like it would tear through the pack!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Oh, thx for the clarification, Xpand.

Ontopic: Seems like iFreet is making the race here^^ And our heavier guys Zepher and Helios still didn't take off^^
    Helios is a real challenge to fly, but Zepher is quite easy in handling. It would make my personal 3rd place in the list.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I voted for Amphithere because it's from my home country^^
    But most I like the Helios because of its cool design.
    It's changing,sometimes I use Amphithere,sometimes the Heliosm

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

That's because iFreet is the best, no questions asked.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Ruuku___ (three underscores)

I'm posting from a gameplay standpoint, but for me the ATLAS Enforcer has worked the best.

They don't snap-turn way to quickly, but they aren't a huge struggle to turn either. They have decent speed and shields, it's kinda sounding like Mirage.

That being said, their design doesn't suck either.

One thing I will have to say though, I'm not sure whether its a set delay or not, but every ship in this game feels wayy to heavy. Every. Last. One. Either that or they are uncontrollable darts that just pinball everywhere. Either it takes ages for the ship to ramp up to "max turning speed", then it either doesn't move nearly quick enough or it darts in the other direction. It ain't smooth, and feels nowhere near Wipeout, any incarnation of it. Either we need fatter tracks or the ships just need to reach turning speed a lot faster.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Yes, I have noticed this as well, but personally, I really like it. They always called WipEout the future Formula 1, and in SSGX, it really feels like it, like you are always pushing your ship to the limit and have to take corners perfectly for maximum speed (and become very acquainted with the sideshift button ). It's not supposed to feel like any one of the WipEouts, and they each had their different style. It's just a measure of patience and aptitude, how well you can master the handling. It takes me awhile to switch from a WipEout game to SSGX and perform at my highest level, but that also happens when switching between WO1 and WOHD. It's a simple different handling style, giving the game even more character, and trust me, the devs don't want to make it easy on you, I've put many hours into the demos to master the feel of the game, but when you get there, it's all worth it, because you know that this game and these tracks are tougher than WipEout's, and you have just accomplished something great by mastering them.

Sorry for my rant there, but all handling styles are different, learn to enjoy them! I won't lie, I myself at first posted a complaint about the heaviness, but I later revoked it, because it feels so right after you're accustomed to the game. It also feels the best in Gamma Class, btw. Just give it some time, and I promise you that you will get the hang of it and learn to love it. This might be more of a problem if you use the analog stick, too, which is why D-pad is always better!

Cheers,

DDD113

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Ruuku___ (three underscores)

I dunno, It kinda feels like a fusion of Wipeout 3 and the original, but with the tracks of HD, which isn't a great mixup.

I'm not sure if my sideshift keys are working or not, I didn't know you could, but the control changer definitely needs to be better than the default unity one, I couldn't fathom what keys were what.

I don't know if this game requires airbrake abuse, but so far either they turn directly into a wall, or not at all. ATLAS is just the one that feels the most balanced between those.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I think it is basically closest to an HD recreation of WO3, with the narrow tracks and floaty handling, not that it's a problem with me, can't go wrong with Wip3out! SSGX has the feeling where the airbrakes start out with minimal effect at first, but that effect grows rapidly, again, it just requires time and mastery (and use of the D-pad ). HD had really wide tracks compared to WO3, which probably had the narrowest of the series. Lastly, the problem just could be that you're not flying iFreet.

On a personal note, addressing the dev team here, PLEASE don't change the handling very much! I understand small tweaks and such, but I have come to love this handling style more than any other WipEout game ever. The most exhilarating video game experience you can have is slinging an iFreet around Cassandra at night at Gamma Speed with the blue headlight of LOGOS bearing down on you, knowing that you have to keep a perfect line through the corners, but block the bottom on entry, and hope your pursuers don't have any weapons. I could play your demo for ages, and I think you've nailed it, although it does take a lot of mastery, it feels like the first true AG racing simulation since WO3, and for that, I thank all of you who have contributed and developed this wonderful game.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Quote Originally Posted by DDD113 View Post

On a personal note, addressing the dev team here, PLEASE don't change the handling very much! I understand small tweaks and such, but I have come to love this handling style more than any other WipEout game ever. The most exhilarating video game experience you can have is slinging an iFreet around Cassandra at night at Gamma Speed with the blue headlight of LOGOS bearing down on you, knowing that you have to keep a perfect line through the corners, but block the bottom on entry, and hope your pursuers don't have any weapons. I could play your demo for ages, and I think you've nailed it, although it does take a lot of mastery, it feels like the first true AG racing simulation since WO3, and for that, I thank all of you who have contributed and developed this wonderful game.
    ^////^ dawww

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thx for the kind words DDD13
    Well I believe our never-resting Damian will tweak and optimize the handling through the progress of development, but I also hope and wish that the current setup will be the ultimative basis. And yeah, it isn't completely arcade, it requires a little bit of practice to master the handlings. But the final game will have a Tutorial, on a very easy track layout which is wide and overviewable and everything. There ppl can get comfortable with speed classes, handling, weapons etc.

One very important thing though:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruuku View Post
    but the control changer definitely needs to be better than the default unity one, I couldn't fathom what keys were what.
    I fully agree here, we gotta see that we are going to change the labels. It is everything but easy to set up controls

One thing we must keep in mind before talking about the handling is "how long have I been playing this game". The dev team has many months of experience and we're still not perfect. Maybe Zero3Growlithe is the closest to perfect because he spends a lot more time testing the physics.

Point is: SSGX is not an easy game. The tracks are much tighter than on WOHD with little margin of error. You will even have to let go of the accelerator sometimes. It's not made to make your life easy. It requires way more practice than the average WO game.