Thread: Wipeout 2097/XL track layout

Default Wipeout 2097/XL track layout

Does anyone know where to find the track layouts for this game including the overview of the track, and the elevation side view as well? I know there was a strategy guide way back that I cannot find. I have a n64 dd that I am trying to make fzero x tracks for. I really need the elevation chart.

A tong time ago I extracted the mini-tracks of WO2097 (the ones you see in the game menu) but I think these mini-tracks don’t have enough precision for your needs.

They may, I'll look at the menu. I just need to see where the ups and downs are. When making gare deuropa, it seems there should not be the big drop at the end.

Ok, those are probably ok. It's hard to pinpoint with it spinning so fast. Didn't realize it goes up so much before the drop, I kinda thought that was flat with bumps.
    Last edited by JABBERJAW; 30th October 2013 at 12:39 AM.

OK I’ll see if I still have them on my computer when I come back at home but I think I’ll have to re-export them. Maybe I’ll find the time to do it this weekend. Remind me to do it if I didn’t reply in the next few days.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

couldn't you load the game in an emulator and do a memory dump to get the actual model construct, then just throw it into some kind of 3D program like Maya or whatever?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

getting game content out of a memory dump is haaaaaaard, you need to know which address it's at as well it's length, and most games use packages to compress multiple resources, so you'd have to decompile the package, which is also possible, but you need some pro programming /reverse engineering /hexa reading skills

I've been there, and god it's a nightmare..
    it's way easier to recreate a simplistic 3D model from scratch using refs instead

Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    getting game content out of a memory dump is haaaaaaard
    This.

It is generally easier (or less hard) to get the models from the game files. Even the programmers who developed the game would have a very hard time recovering the models from memory, and they have a pretty good idea where and what to look at. Imagine us who don’t have the source code of the game and who don’t know how they are packed in memory before rendering…

PS. Don’t worry Al I haven’t forgotten, I’m just *cough* a bit busy at the moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

There is a way using OGLE or other tools of the same kind like 3D Ripper DX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFKOzMF-Vhw
    by merging the captured files together in a 3d sofware it can be possible to get at least the mesh of the track.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Ruuku___ (three underscores)

Would you be posting the result of these tracks later?

Okay I’m a bit late, but here are the minitracks I promised: JUNE.zip
    Now I feel really stupid because in fact I already uploaded them last year…
    Feel free to tell me if it helps.