I also liked the idea of someone, I don't remember who, who had the idea for "Green Races" with only the self-use (green) pickups. I really like this idea, it would be a nice twist on regular weapons on racing. Also, you could have races using only the defensive or offensive weapons as well, which I think would really fit the game and give it some depth that WipEout never had, because you would have to use very different skill sets to win in each of these disciplines. It wouldn't have to be used all the time, but the option would be nice, as SSGX seems to be a very tactical, intelligent, and skill-oriented game, it would give players a unique and intuitive chance to create new skill sets and hone them in these new racing disciplines.

Also as a sidenote, maybe you could have a weapon selector for custom races (keep that option locked in career obviously), but allow you to race with any combination of weapons that you wanted. I know it may sound strange, but imagine just how hard it would be to win a race where you could only use tractortraps. It would be so difficult, but yet so fun, because not everyone would have to do it, only those who wanted to in custom race mode (unless it was in the campaign). I think one area where you guys could really beat WipEout is in the availability of as many options as possible in custom races, i.e. number of ships, weapon selector, maybe even have a custom lap selector if you choose a custom race. I'm not saying eliminate the names "Single Race" and "Endurance", but I'm saying to keep those modes and just add in a "Custom Race" selection with all of these options. I really hope you guys consider this, as it would make it for me and for many a game that we would never stop playing, as there would always be some option that we hadn't tried, and it would keep the game very interesting and even more fun! (if that's possible )

Thanks for reading, and I really hope you consider the Custom Race with all of the options idea, as it would be an utterly fantastic addition to the game.

Cheers,

DDD113