Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fan Contribution Thread

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

The sizes of the billboards are just ratios: 1:1, 1:2, 2:1 and almost 4:1 for hanging billboards.
    The dimensions can be whatever you like, but I use 256 and 512 most of the time. Hanging billboards aren't exact, they are 256x1126.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Alright, thanks, I will try to make some billboards in these sizes, but the one thing I'm wondering is what exactly is a 'hanging' billboard?

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Ahh, alright. Thanks for clearing that up. Will there be a version that's 4:1 except wider than it is tall, like those advertisements on the actual building in Ubermall? ^^

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Darn, double posting again, but oh well... I have a new sponsor logo!

centari_outpost_platforms_billboard.pngcentari_outpost_platforms_icon.png

Centari Outpost Platforms is a company that is contracted by other companies or governments to build city-size, stable ocean platforms for outpost development. The company is not huge, as the demand for this kind of service is still growing and limited, but forecasts predict a strong growth in the currently debt-ridden company's bottom line. (Edgewinter, anyone? )

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Should I post again here, or should I edit. The last post was only yesterday, but it was a totally different sponsor... Oh, shoot, I guess I'll just post, correct me if I shouldn't, mods.

I should have posted this awhile ago, but I forgot. Anyway, the original idea for this sponsor came from Jonny, and I digitalized it for him, so here is Intastel!

intastel_logo1.pngintastel_icon1.pngintastel_icon2.pngintastel_logo2.png

Established in France in 2149, the space travel agency Intastel has grown to become the parent company of multiple other agencies in Germany, the USA, Australia, South Africa, and Spain. Intastel is the central company of a consortium of travel agencies based in France. It became a sponsor of the previous league, providing flights to the moon, since there was a circuit there at the time. A Portuguese agency was absorbed into the consortium for a short time, but they were released with the economic fallout of the 2170s. The consortium experienced a very tough time through these years, barely keeping their other international branches. However, with support and prosperity returning, Intastel is back, sponsoring AG racing once more, and continuing to build their company to compete with the larger interstellar travel agencies.

Edit: I will edit this one since it's in the same day. Here is Turabian Energy Systems.

turabian_logo1.pngturabian_logo2.pngturabian_logo3.pngturabian_alt_logo1.png

Turabian is an energy company that specializes in solar energy systems. Formed in 2132 by Antan Turabian, the Saudi Arabian company worked it's way through the ranks to become a moderate-sized energy company, and with the limited number of available fossil fuels, things are looking good for the future of this trusted company. Surprisingly, their largest growth period came during the economic depression, which was also the boom time of clean energy. Now, with a firm grip on the market and a bright future, Turabian looks to AG racing as a sponsorship and development ground, with their solar system providing energy for many buildings around ARC-150 circuits.
    Last edited by DDD113; 28th November 2013 at 02:11 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Back again with the FAULT Quantum Mechanics company.

fault_quantum_mechanics_logo2.pngfault_quantum_mechanics_logo1.pngfault_quantum_mechanics_icon1.pngfault_quantum_mechanics_logo3.pngfault_quantum_mechanics_logo4.png

FAULT used to be a small team of engineers formed in the economic depressions of the 2170s. As a small and dedicated group, they made many breakthroughs that went largely unnoticed by the world, but soon, they hired more young engineers and developed a small quantum mechanics company. Now, in 2185, their discoveries are coming to the forefront of modern science, and they are beginning to grow in stature, despite struggling to implement their new technology. They chose the tech-based industry of AG racing as a perfect medium to spread the word and raise funds for the future development of commercial quantum mechanical systems.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Man, no one else posts on this thread! Oh well, that won't stop me! Here's Spur Network Systems.

spur_network_systems_logo.png

SNS began with a group of kids that got together and began performing computer maintenance/repair in their neighborhood of London in the 2160s. Slowly, their reputation and attention to detail grew, and they expanded to serve the entire city. After a childhood of computer service, the group decided to get an education in computer network systems and take their business to the next level. And with that, they did. Now with steady business throughout Europe, SNS have established themselves as a quality internet network installer/maintainer, and look to the technologically advanced sport of AG racing to find new customers through sponsorship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

shhhhhh *is ashamed he totally forgot to do the animated billboard thingy majig*
    Good work though, not sure how you find all the time for this

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Our Thanksgiving break helped a lot with getting those done. On a sidenote, I don't think I've ever seen anyone type the word majig.

Hey guys! I've tried my hand at a billboard/advertisement again if you're interested. This one is animated!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5u...it?usp=sharing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Wow, very cool clojo. Nice to see something animated Nice and also quick animation. That is actually good so it won't take too much file size!

Only critics: Make the actual logo and/or the text a bit bigger or it might be hard to read.

Thanks! I agree that the text is a little small- I'll change it so that it's easier to see.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Great I think other than that it's good and ready for being used. I might fit into a city-oriented track at best. Maybe K-Bay or Basin Park.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

ddd113, a lot of the fonts you use are very '90s futuristic'. IMO, they look a bit dated now. Reminds me of something like this... http://i.imgur.com/jkXQl61.jpg
    Last edited by rdmx; 12th December 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I guess that's just the style I grew up with, so that's reflecting. Also, I'm a fan of fonts I can actually read.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Hey all, I made this new animated billboard thing for CERN:

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1387412460

EDIT: Here's one for Solaris:

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1387416609

Whaddya think?
    Last edited by AGSys; 19th December 2013 at 01:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

yup, that's pretty sweet
    although i personally think the lines should be a bit thicker, but that might just be me ^^ (cern one)

That site loads incredibly slow though

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 19th December 2013 at 05:26 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Awesome, AGSys. I especially like the CEN-R idea behind the logo! Well, unfortunately this logo is outdated... Too close to the original CERN logo and since we didn't gain permission to use their name & logo, we created an alternated name [CEN-R] and logo.
    Maybe you can make a similar animation with this one?

http://s22.postimg.org/r1yl5ag8x/CEN_R.png

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Thanks guys Lol about the outdated logos thing, I had to go to the wayback machine and find an old screenie of the SSGX website back from like September since the current one is under construction (and also the actual game isn't opening up on my computer, the screen just goes black). But sure! I'll try my hand at animating that one