Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fan Contribution Thread

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

replied to Xpand

I do know that there are already made pilots for the game, including art concepts, when I said that I would just like to draw scetches Of Those pilots in my artstyle. I forgot to say: to see those already made art concepts and just redo them in a more realistic style. I'm not saying I wanted to make up the appearances of those pilots.

so what I meant was, if released, I would like to see the finished art concepts of those pilots and just scetch my own versions of them in a realistic artstyle in my own freetime. If you seen my fanmade pilot concepts for WipEout HD, then you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Synergy2048; 24th October 2013 at 09:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Synergy, do you have the link to those Fanmade concepts? I'm curious about it now =)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Alright my next concept logo is not really a sponsor, but just an advertisement. It's called Avalon Plaza, and I envisioned it to be the plaza at the Cassandra track that lies on the straightaway just before the Civic Center turn, the plaza that is included soon after Hellfire finishes his track description in the starting video. I named it and envisioned some billboards for it right around the area at Cassandra where it is, and I added some backgrounds to the logos as well. Enjoy!

Avalon Plaza 1.pngAvalon Plaza 2.pngAvalon Plaza 3.pngAvalon Plaza 4.pngAvalon Plaza 5.pngAvalon Plaza 6.pngAvalon Plaza 7.png

The first, long layout can also be used with all the backgrounds, but I didn't want to include that many pictures.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

definitely not the black.
    The yellow works, red not so much
    Dark blue works as well and light blue is okay

my 2 cents ;-)

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Thanks for the feedback, I think the red and maybe the dark blue font colors need to be altered a little, some work for later. The black's not my favorite either, as it kind of takes away from the color scheme, but it could work for night races, I'd have to see how it looked, that's really the determining factor for all of them. I think the light blue might work the best in all modes, night and day.

In the meantime:
    Get Louder!!!.png

I thought maybe this could be an animated sign scrolling along the grandstands at Cassandra or maybe some other track, kind of like the animated WipEoutZone signs at DC. Speaking of volume, we need more crowd noise in this game, I wanna hear 'em roar!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

How do you manage to pop out so many designs so quickly? :O

Also, the best ones imo: light blue one and the red one. The yellow one works too.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I really would have to see where they were placed to choose my favorite color. Maybe create a signage tower? On the topic of quick design production, I guess I just have a lot of extra time, and on the Avalon Plaza one, really all I did was change background and font color after I designed it in the first place.

Edit: PogoBox on DeviantArt kindly let me use his awesome Monsoon logo in a sponsor idea, so the credit here goes to him, and here it is: Monsoon Particle Shielding.

Monsoon Particle Shielding.png

Monsoon Particle Shielding was formed in the mid-2170s during the outbreaks of war following the fall of AG racing. They worked in secret to develop particle shielding technologies for contracted governments, and were compensated handsomely, allowing them to grow from a small coalition into a small, but fully functioning company. Monsoon still works under contract to develop shielding system for certain militaries, and also helped develop the shielding systems for many teams of the ARC-150. Finally, prior to the official start of the league, they developed the protoype Atom pickup, which was warmly accepted officially into the league. Monsoon now sponsors the ARC-150 as it continues to evolve and develop new technologies for the future of mankind. Monsoon's shields are known to be extremely reliable, hence their slogan, "Bring the Rain."
    Last edited by DDD113; 28th October 2013 at 01:53 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I'm back to revive this thread again! Here is what I believe is one of my best ideas yet as far as style goes: Tetragon Smart Missile Systems.

tetragon_logo5.png tetragon_logo4.png tetragon_logo3.png tetragon_logo1.png tetragon_logo2.png tetragon_overlay1.png

Contrary to common belief, the SMS acronym actually stands for Smart Missile Systems, not just Systems itself. Tetragon SMS is a small but rising weapons company that will accept a contract from whoever will pay. They have recently developed the most advanced smart missile system in the world, which is why they have seen recent and rapid growth, and have the extra funds to become an ARC-150 sponsor. The company itself is based out of Russia, and some opponents say that what remained of the old criminal syndicate that ruled the country actually formed the company, but it is unclear whether this statement is true. It is clear that they have strong ties with CEN-R, and have developed and perfected the smart missile that will be used in the ARC-150. A mysterious and rising company with an interest in weapons on racing is here to take the stage in the rebirth of AG racing.

Sidenote: My last picture was just an optional overlay idea on the missile tracker, since the company develops the ARC-150 missiles on the side, it would make sense for there to be a slight recognition there. I've always been surprised that the weapons companies didn't advertise more on the WipEout games, especially the missiles, in which an overlay is so easy. This was just my idea of something that would be unique and cool, but if you don't like it, that's fine. Also, I know the scorpion is a little bit pixelated, but I can't seem to fix that. Also, the third picture could be a running linear animated billboard, like the WOZ one on DC.

Anyway, enjoy!

P.S. Have a look at that Monsoon logo ^^^ PogoBox did some really nice work there.
    Last edited by DDD113; 16th November 2013 at 03:51 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I really like both ideas there. Monsoon logo is just cool and unique. It fits perfect, a stylized text AND a symbol to identify the sponsor [I think lots of our sponsors lack of the latter].

The Tetragon is also a great idea. What I like most is the story behind it. And you are right, why not giving big sponsors some sort of story? It could be placed into a wiki or on the website or somewhere. Very well done. I hope other ppl from the team see this aswell.
    For the logo itself. Maybe having a standalone scorpion version would also be cool [since we can bring several styles of one sponsor into the game]. But that requires an update in the resolution of that thing. Would be cool if you could try it one more time. If not, maybe dreadofmondays can help you out since he did such resolution-friendly upscaling with a few of our sponsors aswell.
    For the ingame crosshair idea. It is also cool I think. But your current version has waaaay too much stuff. If we do this, I'd go for one single line "TETRAGON" above the horizontal line on the right of the crosshair. And smaller font aswell. Since this crosshair does not shake or anything, the text doesn't need to be big and bright for being readable. Just a tiny little mark on the right. U think you can do this aswell? Then we can check out how it looks and feels

BTW: Who threw that Magnet onto the roof of the house on the right?

EDIT: The Missile tracker will receive a complete overwork as I found out just now and guess the other guys don't want to have any text on it. Further on every prototype ship [and guess also normal ship] receives it's own Missile manufacturer. So, I'm sorry but seems like this idea is going to be dropped...
    Last edited by docfo4r; 16th November 2013 at 11:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Well, is it possible that this could be the missile manufacturer of one of the ships? If not I understand, I could always change what the company does and keep the logos, if that would work. Since it is Russian, it could be CEN-R's missile, and still keep a backstory connection. I dunno about the magnet, those things can end up anywhere when ships fly by them!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

CEN-R is actually Swiss/Russian since it was originally meant to be a futural concept of CERN. The "real" russian team is A.T.L.A.S and due to it's story and rough appearance, weapon-related stuff would work better for this team I think.

This being the missile manufacturer for one of the ships is totally cool with me. Let's wait for Xpands 2 cents since he has supplied some teams with individual missile manufacturers already [as seen in the prototype wallpapers on Facebook]. And yeah, I updated the strength of the magnetic field so ships passing by on Gamma speed can also "collect" magnets off the street It also increased the "action radius" of the magnets.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Alright, A.T.L.A.S. is an awesome ship, I have nothing against supporting it. Good work on the magnets, it seemed on the demo that the magnets and tractortraps needed to have different strengths for each speed class, because it is almost impossible to detach magnets and it takes forever to break a t trap connection in Alpha class, but you usually make it by both without a problem in Gamma. Kinda nice though, sometimes I hate t traps, but then again it is so satisfying to hear that sound it makes behind you when someone flies over it right after you dropped it. Both ways, you gotta love it!

Edit: Also, I have some small updates on some of my previous sponsors:

atauni_velocity_research_logo2.png prometheus_r&d_logo3.png

I changed Prometheus from "Prometheus Anti-Gravity Research and Development" to "Prometheus Research & Development." It is still the same company idea, but the name is more concise and sounds better. I then updated the font on the Atauni logo to match the main icon better.
    Last edited by DDD113; 16th November 2013 at 06:12 PM.

I'm only against using sponsors in the HUD since it's the same HUD for every ship (being a game related interface rather than a simulation of the actual HUD in the ship's cockpit).
    I don't mind placing sponsors on the ships' paint scheme, but I've gotta try to place a few on the ships first before giving my final opinion on that. Most sponsors are way more likely to end up in the track's scenery rather than on the ships.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Alright, I see what you mean, and you do have a good point there. Either way, Tetragon is still a company that operates under other contracts independent of the league, so it could be on track scenery as well. However, I think each ship should have two or three main sponsors on it, kind of like the ones in WOHD (Ricochet, JAP, Netika, Sylva, etc.). Just my two cents though.

Edit: Just finished another sponsor with an interesting storyline connection. Support the Pacific Terraforming Project and Enjoy Utopia!

vote_yes_ptp3_ad.pngptp_logo1.pngptp_support_utopia_logo1.png

The Pacific Terraforming Project was approved by the UN in 2157 as an international proposition to form a large, man-made island in the Pacific Ocean that consisted of many different landforms, climates, and ecosystems. This island would be ruled by a committee elected by the UN to keep the peace and law in order. Convicts would not be granted access to the island, so essentially, it would be an escape from the normal ways of the world; the societies of the wicked. It was going to be Utopia.

The first two stages of island construction were passed by a majority vote of UN delegates, and with all participating countries funding the project equally, construction began in 2159, after a suitable location was identified. The committee took two years to do this, as it was difficult to find a spot that would not affect ocean currents and normal ecosystem life greatly with the overall size of the island. The work began, and it was slow progress, building up the giant island from the sea floor. Finally, though, in 2173, the work was complete, and a semi-flat large mass of earth now loomed out of the great ocean. Then, the second stage of the project was voted upon and passed, and by early 2185, all landforms on the island had been masterfully sculpted.

Now, the project faces it's third and final stage: the population of the island with life. Scientist and ecologists will have to balance ecosystems and weather patterns to create a self-sustaining environment for the people who will one day move to the island. This work will lay the foundation for the establishment of the first Utopian nation, but as budget pressures loom, supporters urge the public to voice their opinions, and to tell their UN delegates to vote yes on Stage 3 of the Pacific Terraforming Project. Advertisements in the support of the project have become commonplace, and now, with the start of the ARC-150 league, the project has found new sponsoring ground, and will continue to push their idea until it is passed, advertising in many places, with well-known billboard scatterings across many tracks in the new league.

If you didn't happen to catch on, this is a nod toward the man-made island of Makana, which hosted the FX300 league of WipEout Pure in 2197. But that's unofficial information. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the idea and will consider helping advertise for the construction of this new Utopian island in the ARC-150 league.
    Last edited by DDD113; 17th November 2013 at 05:33 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Vector version of original and modified Tetragon logos
    tetragon.png

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Very nice work there. Both look cool

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Thank you very much, Damon, both of those look fantastic, now the logo really will look complete.

Also a sidenote on the Pacific Terraforming Project, while it is a large-scale international effort, they want to advertise their support for it anywhere, which explains why they are interested in an amateur racing league. Also, many of the signs could just be the "Vote Yes" signs hanging from apartment balconies in the city circuits and stuff like that, adding in some population support as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Hey SSGX Team,do you just search for some tracks?
    I like to draw some track layouts,I could do that all night,may you could have a look on one of my plans?
    Would be cool that these tousands sheets won´t be useless.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Whew, this is better! (If you didn't read the other thread I originally posted this in the official art thread, I was tired, lol ) Big announcement here, the official Monsoon logos by PogoBox are done, and boy do they look stunning! All sorts of variations to the color scheme are provided, so you can play around with them all. Enjoy the eye-candy!

Logo05.pngTagline06.pngPoster03.pngPoster02.pngTagline12.pngTagline11.pngTagline10.pngTagline09.pngTagline08.pngTagline07.pngTagline05.pngTagline04.pngTagline03.pngTagline02.pngTagline01.pngPoster01.pngLogo09.pngLogo08.pngLogo07.pngLogo06.pngLogo04.pngLogo03.pngLogo02.pngLogo01.pngBanner03.pngBanner02.pngBanner01.png

Edit: Also wondering what the dimensions are on the 'Wide' and 'Tall' versions of these logos. If you tell me then I can make many of my billboards to size so there would be less work for you guys if you decide to use them.

sponsor_concepts1.png sponsor_concepts2.png
    Last edited by DDD113; 21st November 2013 at 03:10 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

@Jonny well the official tracks are all there already so we actually don't need any new track layouts any more. But you can post some of your designs anyways. Since we don't know yet if and how we are going to implememt a Zone-alike mode and if we need a set of extra tracks for it or not...