Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Contribution Thread

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

had to laugh with that last bit, cuz it reminds me of sth
    But yeah, that works nice as well, what you could do is have Prometheus *divider* Research & Development

The *divider* being either a very simplistic company logo, or simply a vertical bar (font size height) or sth alike

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Yeah, that sounds good to me, I'll work on it in the morning, get 'er cleaned up!

Update: In the meantime, I have filled the restaurant gap with a concept logo for an Asian diner: Sangroho.

Sangroho Asian Diner Logo.png

PS: AGSys & Cipher, I tried to use your advice for the color tones and minimalism in the style of TDR, please tell me what you think.
    Last edited by DDD113; 24th October 2013 at 04:19 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

That looks a lot better imo. The primary colours seem to work well since they're both warm and are used together. But if it were up to me, I'd use either one of these fonts for the text:

http://www.dafont.com/emperor-of-japan.font
    http://www.dafont.com/japan2.font
    http://www.dafont.com/made-in-china.font

Overall, it's quite good.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

If you want to see the anime & manga company I made up for Slipstream GX its on page 26 on this thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 24th October 2013 at 04:53 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

I'll take a look tomorrow at those fonts in the design, and see how it looks. Thanks for the advice, I really think it is helping, it seems like my designs are starting to be geared more toward the futuristic TDR style, which is a good thing, of course!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

@DDD looks way better

And for colors, i'll share with you the best site ever created; http://colorschemedesigner.com
    It is sahweeeeeeeet!

@AGSys i like the fonts he used now ^^, though the ones you linked could work as well, depending on the overall setting of the city

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 24th October 2013 at 05:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    though the ones you linked could work as well, depending on the overall setting of the city
    Trudat. I was relating all of this to Pure and not SSGX so my mind was naturally trying to make everything seem all bright and "happy" if you get what I mean lol, like how the most of Pure looks.

PSN ID
    DIXI200

snow.jpgcasco.jpgGioconda.jpg1.Om.Drake.jpeg

Sorry but built thing here? You are designing logos for SSGX.

I have yet to understand this project.

I was pleased to give my support.

When I guy my passion is the traditional animation .. design .. color .. tempera and airbrush. Now with Photoshop my hands do not get dirty and not have to clean colors.

I do not know how,
    I can try

Ok guys, those are all good sponsors you made, BUT we can't just use everything people put here. So, what do you say about creating a thread where you can discuss between the team and yourselves whatever you want to design (excluding ships and tracks), because what you do has to make sense within the game, for example, most backstories for the sponsors here clash with the backstory of the whole game.

We welcome all submissions but we can't promise that we'll use them, hope you understand.
    Last edited by Xpand; 24th October 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Default Fan Contribution Thread

Post non-official art here.

We won't automatically put everything we see in this thread in SSGX. However, the better the idea, the more chances it has to get into the game.

So, do your best!

We also advise you to get to know the game and its backstory a bit better before making anything.
    Check this document for the backstory:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...d.b2wq8j73v6dc
    Try to jump the pages of the "Let's make a Wipeout game" thread to get a sense of what has been done.

Exclusions: Pilot descriptions, Campaign storyline, Track descriptions, Team descriptions, General setting descriptions. (these are already done, and are pretty much set in stone because the game is already being built around them) So you don't need to waste your time with them.
    Last edited by Xpand; 24th October 2013 at 05:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Well Xpand, could you possibly post up the pilot profiles/team backstories? It would help out a lot more with what people come up with.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

I just want to say thanks for the support of the new project, I hope it does very well.
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 25th October 2013 at 04:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Yeah, I agree with AGSys, we have to fully understand the backstory to make sponsors that fit. We know you won't take all if any of the designs, we're just throwing things out there for your feedback. I was also just wondering exactly what you meant by "going against the backstory?" If you're referencing some of the descriptions for the sponsors we've made, they can always be changed to fit better.
    Last edited by DDD113; 24th October 2013 at 04:22 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

I understand what you saying DDD113, I been thinking about that fictional anime toy company like Ishikawa anime toy company for days to sponsor 3 major teams in Slipstream GX. I can do the best to keep my new idea alive. Thanks for the help.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

I think you people can do pilots bios in Slipstream GX because I was thinking about something in my head, but you folks had the pilot bios, but I'll leave it to the Slipstream GX Development team.
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 25th October 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Hey thanks for transferring all the old content over here and letting us see the backstory. Really cool stuff, the way it all ties into the storyline. I was just wondering, though, the last two greyed out team descriptions, what happened to them? Is there still a chance they might make it in?

PS: Also still wondering what exactly clashed with the backstory, not trying to argue, I just want to know what it is so I don't do it again. Thanks.
    Last edited by DDD113; 24th October 2013 at 07:56 PM.

They greyed out teams (and other stuff) didn't make it in.

Not all of the suggestions clashed, but some were a bit too "outlandish" when relating to the story. It's an amateur racing league. You don't see many big worldwide corporations sponsoring in those. Plus having 21st century icons in a game that takes place 170 years from now isn't a very good idea.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

Hopefully will get to see at least the pilot descriptions for each team. Even though they have already been done, I would still like to post my own concepts/artstyle of those pilots.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Ok, so you're saying if the backstory of some of the sponsors was altered, it would make more sense. I got ya. I'll be resubmitting my sponsors with their updated storyline and maybe updated design in the coming days. Thanks for the clarification, Xpand.

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy2048 View Post
    Hopefully will get to see at least the pilot descriptions for each team. Even though they have already been done, I would still like to post my own concepts/artstyle of those pilots.
    I can't find the pilots' descriptions. I've gotta ask whoever was working on them. But the thing is we already have their backstories and art (art is kinda work in progress in terms of color) (you can even see it in the demo), so I'm afraid you're wasting your time.

I'm gonna give their names and nationality anyways:

Project ifreet
    “Anisa Dima”
    Morocco

CEN-R
    “James Sorgiovanni”
    Swiss / Russia

Solaris
    “Gary O’Connor”
    Ireland

Helios
    “Haldi Lexial”
    New Zealand

LOGOS
    “Spyridon Logo”
    Greece

Zepher
    “Yucchan”
    Japan

Amphithere
    “Leopold von Strauss”
    Germany

A.T.L.A.S
    “Arthur Fenix”
    Russia

They have some of their description within the team's description, so if you want to take a look at the backstory document I posted earlier. It would help you get a better idea of what they're like.