Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Fan Contribution Thread

Probably from September 2012, because we made those changes a long time ago. And Solaris' logo is outdated too, but the animation is nice.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Okay, here's the version where I animated the new logo:

http://www.fastswf.com/9M79MCE

That site should load faster
    Last edited by AGSys; 19th December 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Great on the new CEN-R billboard, I really like it! Also, if you guys want to go ahead with the t shirt idea, you can post the large logos (like that CEN-R one) and we can get going. And big thanks to you Damon for the AVR building, that looks really cool, and it's my favorite of the sponsor logos I have submitted so far. Really good progress on K Bay, I love the idea of this track, and I think it will be really fun and challenging to fly.

Edit: You know, I think I just may add to the backstory of AVR, adding that they are based trackside in Kealakekua Bay with an imposing headquarters building.
    Last edited by DDD113; 20th December 2013 at 04:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Very great work, AGSys. Once I got all my hardware set up, I can include some of these logos to Nazca maybe. Also I can provide the team logos then but atm I have only backup access to it due to a hardware failure :/

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Thanks again I'd love to work on other team and sponsor logos! Just gimme that chance.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Here are all the team logos, sorry that it took so long!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2f...it?usp=sharing

@DDD13: If the size is good enough, they could also be used for the T-shirts. If not, maybe Theo or Damon have the vector versions.

Merry christmas to you guys

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

It appears to me that the size is good for t-shirts, the only one I worry about is Zepher, it's a little smaller than the others. But thanks for rounding them all up, I'll try to get some shirts done soon and show you the results!

And merry Christmas to you also!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Finally another sponsor concept! Here is Project Synthus.

synthus_logo_vertical.png synthus_icon1.png synthus_text1.png synthus_logo_horizontal.png

After a reported "breakthrough" in his secluded mansion, Romanian billionaire and energy manipulation guru Alin Petran dumped a large percent of his funds into construction of a secretive scientific research facility deep in the mountains of Romania, which he then filled with handsomely compensated scientists from around the world to work on his new idea of energy manipulation. Christened Project Synthus, few details have been released yet, but speculations on the developments of Petran Enterprises range from perpetual energy sources to a new superweapon. Despite the extreme PR caution and secrecy, Petran does wish to promote his project, and bring international recognition to it for what he refers to as "The Grand Display" that is reportedly soon to come.

For this reason, as Petran searched for the best medium of advertisement for Synthus, he noticed the return of AG racing as it grabbed headlines and made its way into the news, similar to the way Synthus had been publicized itself. Therefore, he saw the ARC-150 and AG racing, a very technologically advanced sport, as the perfect place to raise awareness for Synthus, and grow interest in both his project and the league. Petran Enterprises is now one of the largest financial contributors to the ARC-150, even though their future goals are more than uncertain.

Sidenote: I will post the Petran Enterprises logo as soon as it is finished.

Edit: Here is the Petran Enterprises logo!

petran_icon_black.pngpetran_logo_white.pngpetran_icon_white.pngpetran_logo_black.png

I personally like the black background better than the white, and also there is no horizontal version here, the current vertical version is the primary and only logo for Alin Petran's energy empire.
    Last edited by DDD113; 29th December 2013 at 03:29 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Damn, how do you even come up with all of these?!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

The storylines or the logos? (or both )

In the case of the logos themselves, sometimes they are just a random image that pops into my head which I then modify for optimal aesthetic appeal, and sometimes I see a shape in a random place that inspires me to make a sponsor logo. In the case of the backstories, they are sometimes just randomly thought up too, but many times they are influenced by my recent experiences, for example, I recently watched a movie with a Romanian who pretended to be a billionaire (although he actually wasn't) and the movie involved laser energy weapons, which was kind of the inspiration for Alin Petran, Project Synthus, and Petran Enterprises.

Edit: On a different note, no Romanians involved here, I have created the Aerugo Engineering logo.

aerugo_logo_white.png aerugo_logo_green.png aerugo_logo_gray.png

Aerugo began as an aerospace engineering company, specializing in advanced aerodynamic design. They were fairly successful in this endeavor, but they wanted something more, something that could make the company a wild success and moneymaker, but could also bankrupt the growing empire. Therefore, they took their advanced aerodynamic knowledge to the one other medium where it mattered: water. Aerugo Engineering has now begun to construct small research and residential centers below the sea, using their technology to let the sea water flow gently around their airlocked environments. Their constructions first only consisted of projects commissioned by the company itself, but they have recently been contracted by the Vostok Island Committee and have begun the initial stages of construction on a completely submerged seaport and city complex, which hopes to bring a new dimension to trade by sea.

And for the record, Cipher, I am using that website you showed me; this is an example of the product.
    Last edited by DDD113; 29th December 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I just created what I think may be the second best sponsor concept of my short (but productive) graphic design career. Here is Aegis Thermal Plating.

aegis_thermal_plating_logo2.png

Hi-resolution version available here (won't fit the forum): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2v...it?usp=sharing

Aegis is a thermal plating company that offers many products from heat-resistant military combat armor to virtually indestructable spacecraft exterior tiles. They are always open to special orders, and have received hundreds of them, increasing their horizons and inventory with every one. The only limit to this very successful company is the market, which tends to fluctuate, stifling the growth of the company but keeping them honest, continuing to service the world with their famous heat-resistant compounds.

Edit: Here is another new concept, Ujihara Designs.

ujihara_logo1.png

Ujihara is a fashion design company that specializes in a bright, modern, and very distinctive style popular around islands and tropical zones. However, they aren't island based, and don't dabble in the stereotypical floral prints of the tropics; they try to stay very modern and very unique, hence their slogan "Standout Style." They are popular sponsors at the Kealakekua Bay and Basin Park tracks as well as Hubian, even though it lies further north than the others.

Edit #2: Lots of free time today, so here's another one! This one is Quaron Energy.

quaron_energy_cells_logo1.png

Quaron specializes in the making of energy cells, basically high-powered batteries with a very high energy density which are used for many devices in the 2180s, including powering some light AG vehicles with their more powerful cells.
    Last edited by DDD113; 29th December 2013 at 08:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

I have a good idea for a sponsor for the ARC-150, what about a fictional energy drink company like in the real energy drinks companies that sponsors real motorsports like Monster Energy, Rockstar Energy Drink, or Red Bull. Good idea or not?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Good idea, Kronic, but we already have an energy drink sponsor, Amp Up. Maybe if you altered your idea a little you could transform it into some sort of modern upscale restaurant or bar that would fit well as a city track sponsor.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Something like Joy Noodles would be cool.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I took some inspirations color-wise from Joy Noodles for my Ujihara logo. That would be cool to have a new, different style restaurant, though.

Edit: I took a little Japanese inspiration for this one: Shuriken Hydroponics.

shuriken_billboard1.png (The black box around the logo is for the reference size of a billboard.)

Shuriken Hydroponics is a company that began in the highlands and mountain ranges of China and Nepal, constructing small biodomes and cavern gardens under contract by local governments in order to help the population of the area survive and expand. Now, most of their contract work occurs in the Gobi desert that runs through Mongolia and China, where they perform many operations, from large, city-sustainable biodome projects to small, household gardens, Shuriken has brought life and prosperity to the deserts of Asia.

Edit: Here are a number of my sponsors resized and edited to billboard sizes. Enjoy and please give feedback on color and background choices/ideas.

aerugo_billboard1.pngptp_billboard2.pngpetran_billboard2.pngujihara_billboard3.pngintastel_billboard1.pngujihara_billboard1.pngfault_billboard2.pngturabian_billboard5.pngavr_billboard2.pngturabian_billboard3.pngturabian_billboard1.pngaerugo_billboard2.pngsangroho_billboard1.pngshuriken_billboard1.pngptp_vote_billboard.pngptp_billboard1.pngujihara_billboard4.pngpetran_billboard1.pngujihara_billboard2.pngfault_diffused_billboard.pngturabian_billboard6.pngfault_billboard1.pngturabian_billboard4.pngavr_billboard1.pngturabian_billboard2.pngaerugo_billboard3.pngspur_billboard.pngaegis_billboard1.pngquaron_billboard1.pngal_vaseki_billboard1.png

It would also be nice if you listed your favorites, too, to help me see which styles are popular and which are not. Personally I love the diffused effect on the grey on white FAULT logo, I like that style, but what are you guys' thoughts?
    Last edited by DDD113; 31st December 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Black Kraken Energy Drink
    Year Established: 2160
    Main Headquarters: Athens, Greece
    Main Slogan: Release The Kraken

Established in 2160, The Athens Beverage Co. makers of the best energy drink called Black Kraken Energy Drink was formed by a CEO named Adonis Ross, a Greek- American business man that traveled to Greece to start a beverage company in Athens. He brought an old beverage company that want out of business in the early 22nd century, with the money he saved up to brought the old beverage company and a few of his friends started making energy drinks from the old company. One of his friends wanted to named this new energy drink after a mythical sea creature that strikes fear, but it might be a good seller for the new beverage company. It went to a vote and when the votes were cast, the Kraken was the most voted and it stuck. Naming the new energy drink Black Kraken Energy Drink, it became a massive hit all over the world. When the ARC-150 was announce and Logos AG racing team was formed in Greece, Logos wanted a company form Greece to sponsor the team; they went to Adonis to sponsor Black Kraken Energy Drink as a main sponsor for Logos. Adonis accepted it and Logos was the main sponsor for Black Kraken Energy Drink and the Athens Beverage Co. Now the ARC-150 has begun, Logos will be racing for pride for Greece and the sport of AG Racing with Black Kraken Energy Drink as its sponsor; Logos will release the Kraken to strake fear too other AG racing teams in the ARC-150.

Black Kraken Energy Drink. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 31st December 2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: New change of sponsor name

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

i913wkJ.png

I reinterpreted your 'fault' logo a little bit, mostly because of the font. Though I wonder who would give their company a name with such an ill-omen... then again we have Icaras
    Last edited by rdmx; 2nd January 2014 at 04:01 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

What's wrong with the font? It's actually one of my favorites, and it is meant to be grayscale btw. Still like the heavy chevrons, too, yours just seem... too standard. It's nice to see someone evaluating my concepts, though, and I'm glad you gave some input and a suggestion.

P.S. "WipEout" itself is kind of a bad omen for a racing game, isn't it?

Edit: I now have another sponsor ready for evaluation! This one is already made up in billboard form, ready to go.

platindyme_city_billboard1.png platindyme_city_billboard2.png platindyme_city_billboard3.png platindyme_city_billboard3.png platindyme_static_billboard2.png platindyme_static_billboard1.png

PlatinDyme is a modestly fancy (and modern, of course) hotel chain that tends to operate in the larger cities of the world. They appeal to young adults, and invite all guests to enjoy the nightlife, building their infamous reputation. Even their billboards reflect this emphasis, with the night sky at the top showing pitch black while the lights of the city gleam below.
    Last edited by DDD113; 2nd January 2014 at 04:41 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

As I've mentioned, the font you used in the original Fault logo is 80-90s futuristic and looks a bit dated now.

Unless that's the specific look you're going for of course. I didn't want to deviate too far from your original logo, because I liked the idea of the chevrons slipping like a fault line.