Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Fan Contribution Thread

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

But I still don't see any fonts like the Fault one in that picture. Some of the other fonts, like the ones with the lines through some letters make me see exactly where you're coming from, but I'm still kinda lost here :/

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I can't find any specific examples of your font being used, but you'll have to trust me when I say it's extremely dated looking. It wouldn't look out of place on a Space Invaders arcade machine

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Am really enjoying the PlatinDyme boards. Even they also may not look too futuristic, I think especially with these colors used they would fit nice into Nazca Remains

By the way: Not each and every logo needs to look extremely futuristic. See nowadays billboards, some use advertising techniques by imitating the looks of the 50s or 60s and I am sure this would not change in the future. Of course, such billboards need to be the minority, but why not having some sort of 2-pages animated billboard... First page could be a car and text on it "You still own a car with 4 tires?" then the animation kicks in and it fades into another page where it says "Return your car to [random AG manufacturer] and get your first AG-mini-scooter for free"... Something like that. This also works for futuristic billboards of course. I think billboards in the future often tell people what they should do. Another point is that I am mostly seeing companies only here. But I believe we should also have billboards which advertise just a single product... A new burger at a futuristic fast food chain, new perfume, a new medicine to heal a cold within 5 hours, a special travel/flight offer by an airplane [hyperdrive] company etc.

Also lets take a look at the evolution of billboards: Very first versions I believe were just big boards with paper or paint on it and a lamp mounted on the board for indirect lighting. Then there came the self-illumed boards, recently we have boards with scrollbars that rotate in given interval so there are actually 2 or 3 advertises in one frame. How would the future look alike then? I think we will mostly have self-illumed [or even light-spending] fully animated boards while the animation itself will still be very simplified. Also these boards maybe don't require a frame as we know it, they could be holographic or projected to a flat surface.

So I think a good point in designing an ad is to already think about how your next billboard could be animated. If you could even work out an animation like clojo did, it would be even better:
    Quote Originally Posted by clojo733 View Post
    Hey guys! I've tried my hand at a billboard/advertisement again if you're interested. This one is animated!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5u...it?usp=sharing
    But animations consume lots of time so maybe it is better to post a still image first and see if your board gets 'accepted' by the audience.
    Last edited by docfo4r; 2nd January 2014 at 08:26 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I think most futuristic fonts could fit into a span of generations, it just depends how you look at them. Good point on the single product idea, Kai, I'll have a look into it and hopefully get some new work cranked out.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

I think I will create a sponsor logo for a new AG shoe... that sounds interesting, I mean, no-weight is better than lightweight, right?

Edit: On that topic, here it is! The NX-1000 (yes it is the reference you were thinking) by Delphos Footwear, the first Anti-Gravity shoe as the technology of compact AG generators advances.

nx-1000_billboard1.png nx-1000_billboard2.png nx-1000_billboard3.png nx-1000_billboard4.png

And also, Kai, I agree that the PlatinDyme billboards would fit very well in Nazca Remains, with the gradient color scheme and especially since the only viewers who see the race watch it on television, and most of those would live in big cities where a PlatinDyme might be located.
    Last edited by DDD113; 5th January 2014 at 01:29 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Whew, finally got a new concept done! Here is Riis Technology, marketing their new supercomputers.

riis_tech_logo1.png

I'll add more backstory later when I have more time.

Hi everyone! I've made a quick drawing of a possible Logos prototype.

Attachment 8488

I haven't done a top view yet, or a colour scheme, because I'd like to know what you all think and maybe change some things if it's needed. Hope you like. :3

Oh and PS. the Helios prototype looks sweet! And I LOVE those concepts you do, DDD113

Ah, the attachment isn't being displayed. Try hosting it elsewhere and provide a link!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Are those... glass wings? O_o Well, I guess they wouldn't be glass, but the durable equivalent of it, right? Cool idea, it definitely looks like LOGOS. It may have too much curvature for the sleek lines of the ship style, but I think ideas and inspiration could be taken from this. I mean, those transparent wings... I really never would have thought of that, I love the creativity here!

Actually it was Kai who suggested the glass wings! I'd never think of something that cool. XD
    They are supposed to be bulletproof glass, and have a metal front edge to protect them from impacts.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Lol, clojo, cool concept anyway! I'm back with another sponsor concept, this one for a stereo sound system company, an international corporation called Audophón Sound Systems. Since they were formed by an international group of people and continue to function in the same manner (much like AirTime Productions itself) the name derives uniquely from both the Greek and Latin roots meaning "sound," with the stress on the final syllable denoted by the accent mark. Audophón is mainly known for their heavy bass systems, and have begun to gain popularity and financial momentum for expansion and partnership with the ARC-150, including installing custom speaker projection systems in the grandstands of every track (except for Nazca because there are no grandstands ).

audophon_sound_systems_billboard1.png

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Nice design, Chloe. I really like how the wings came off. I'd only change the ship shape a little bit so it won't go "upwards" but more straight.
    And great sponsor there Damon, I really like the idea behind it and the billboard came off nicely aswell.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Are you actually referring to my billboard Kai or did I miss an addition from Damon somewhere?

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

I guess he couldn't handle our avatars being the same and our names having so many Ds in them

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Lol, we do have a lot of developers with first names starting with Da-, don't we? I guess that will probably only get more confusing as time goes on!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Damn, indeed I confused you two Sry sry sry

Timezone
    GMT -6

This is a bit off-topic, but what are platformer engines?

PSN ID
    dailynoodle

Attachment 9288 Here's just an idea for an updated version of the Amphithere Engineering team logo that I made on my spare time. In my opinion, the AE logo is the only one that needs to be changed. It just doesn't seem to fit in with the rest.

Moved by Xpand. Reason: The "SSGX development - Official Art " thread is for official art only, not fan art.
    Last edited by Xpand; 24th February 2015 at 11:26 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Over a year later, and I think I may have some ideas for designs for the billboards. I came 2nd (iirc) in the 2013 Christmas TT challenge thing, but I completely forgot what it was I could do for placing 2nd. Oops.

If you did do what I told you in 2013, and gave the opportunity to do the designs to someone else, then I won't mind if it doesn't go into the game, but I'd still like to get my ideas out. The more the merrier, right?

EDIT: I have created a little something, just to get the main idea out. If need be, I can edit it to make it look better, fit the proper dimensions, or whatever else you want done to it.

Katana is a company I created. They were an AG sports car manufacturer, established in 2185. In my canon, they also provided parts to some teams participating (though you don't have to pay attention to this part if it conflicts with things). However, people who frequent the Fanfic section would know that this company would eventually become Angelus R&D, a participant in the 2209/10 season of the FX400.

Katana2k15-1k.png

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Ace3000; 25th February 2015 at 07:50 AM.