Thread: What is this Qirex??!!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Question What is this Qirex??!!!!

I've always wondered what happened to this version of the HD Qirex so I though I'd ask.

Strange HD Qirex.jpg

Also take a look at the different early HUD design!
    Last edited by DDD113; 24th October 2013 at 02:55 AM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Reminds me of the concept ship skins you could unlock in Wipeout Pulse. On saying that though this was not what the Qirex one looked like but is similar to some others. I'd guess it was an idea on the way to what the HD Qirex became. Quite frankly that is far to thin and skinny to be a Qirex in my opinion

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

There's a brief 'close view' shot of it near the end of the 2007 E3 trailer. It's in another one too I think can't remember which.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Yeah, it looks funky, but I always wondered what happened to it. Guess we'll never know.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Not seen that before, or the HUD. Good find.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

The game really took quite a transformation between the above point and the release.

Here's the actual E3 video footage, unfortunately the quality sucks. Notice the element of Pure and Pulse that hadn't yet changed, and the track name announcer, which was removed.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2j...ps3_videogames

Also, here's just some extra gameplay footage with better quality.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/m...meplay-montage

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

that curved hud design is interesting, gives an extra sence of depth, i like it ^^
    and the qirex looks like ti was a mix between auricom and icaras

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Ahh, that's a pretty good comparison, sounds like a winning team to me!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Nu-uh lacks a tint of Harimoo

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Except for the Proximity and Incoming bits, it looks exactly like the Pulse HUD to me, which honestly I preferred to the HD HUD. Qirex looks rather sickly and anemic, good thing they fixed it! "Qirex - we've been dieting"

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Luedism

I agree with you on the curved HUD, but with one exception, more of an add that is missing that I think would make it 1000x better.
    Since they are trying to make it look like a realistic cockpit windsheild, what they need to add is a bit of shading on the perimeter & a glare spot at the apex of the curve. Even if they made it 95-99% transparent (to not block your view) would make the curved HUD look really impressive. The way it is though, IMHO makes the HUD look kinda 2-D & flat =(

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    OveReAction

You didn't know that the HUD now is a bit concaved for about 17% when you switch to cockpit view. Also that beta's HUD look like a mashup of Pulse and W3.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Sorry for bumping a 5 year old thread but this Qirex version is now playable!!! I have an early preview in pkg format that I have successfully unpacked and modified so that this strange looking Qirex ship is playable on all 4 speed classes and on 2 tracks. I spent a lot of time digging through xml code trying to find ways to unlock assets. I managed to get a very unfinished EG-X to appear but the game always crashed when I tried to load any other tracks than Anulpha Pass or Chenghou Project. Now, shortly I will investigate what is needed to get this version to run on Rebug 4.82 REX, the most common CFW for PS3 and I will gladly share this version. Either in pkg format or ISO, whichever is the most convenient to use on CFW. Hopefully you all know that the latest official firmware 4.82 is hackable with Rebug. Just don't connect to PSN or you will risk a ban from Sony.