Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New World Records Not Possible?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Default New World Records Not Possible?

Just a quick question for those that have been playing for a while. I've noticed lately that the top ten or so records were all made back in 2009 and 2010. Normally this wouldn't be that significant, but I started looking into it and decided to test a theory I have. I chose Talon's Junction Reverse (easy track to get a fast time for due to the limited Barrel Roll opportunities). I raced long enough until I got into the top 30 on Venom (seeing as how Venom is easier to do that with). It took a while, but I got to the point where I was getting all perfect laps, perfect racing line, etc, etc.

So my question is this: Did the upgrade patch really effect the slow down time for airbraking that much? I've heard others that claim that the patch has effected the lap record times and that certain records are no longer achievable due to the new physics. Can anyone confirm or disprove this? It would be nice to know if breaking new world records was possible or not. Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

the answer is yes and no! it's not possible to get new WRs on most tracks with the newest patch, but there's @ least 1 track where it's still possible...
    SYNCOPIA

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post
    the answer is yes and no! it's not possible to get new WRs on most tracks with the newest patch, but there's @ least 1 track where it's still possible...
    SYNCOPIA
    Yes, it is true and yes, there arent many recordsbleft to be beaten with v2.51. Actually no record to be honest. Besides syncopia of course. It is the only record which is made with v 2.51

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@mannjon: I get some top ten and top five for SL and TT, all done this year on v2.51
    Also some wrs on single races and multiplayer races. This is where there is still some wrs possibilities, but not that much imo.
    Maybe more than i think if playing on rapier or phantom, i don't really checked the possibilities on those speed class.

And yes about syncopia, but getting the glitch is really boring. There is only JFthebestJan who had enough patience to play lots of syncopia .

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

I got two top 5 times a few weeks ago in flash online. Metropia fwd and modesto fwd. They shoe too. So its not true.

I play as skruffem now.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

@ skruffem, Hey there I'm mannjon, I've raced you a few times, and there's no doubt that you could definitely get some top 5 records.

I was mainly talking about the SL and TT modes. I think that single and online races are still possible mainly because of the ability to get the extra turbo/boost/roll opportunities.

Have you had any luck getting new records in SL or TT modes?

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

SL/TT it's possible to improve on PBs, but getting a WR is more or less impossible. It may have been possible on Sebenco venom TT since xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix used a new technique to destroy the old TT, so with this technique the old record may have been beatable with 2.51, but since the new record is with an offline pre 2.51 PS3, that is no longer possible.

The ONLY TT now possible to beat with 2.51 (perhaps) at Phantom speed is Vineta K Reverse, and that's only because nobody has made an effort to get a good time on that track yet. Somehow it was forgotten. Pre 2.51 the record should be 1.31.xx, post 2.51 probably 1.32.5x, so it is possible.

I don't know about the other speed classes, but at Phantom speed the difference even with (close to) ideal lines, the difference is about 0.2s per lap versus pre 2.51 (depending on track and ship because all balance is ruined), where you would have to make less effort to achieve the same result.

The difference is profound, and it has completely ruined the dynamic of the game. Every ship has been affected in a different and negative way depending on their characteristics/nuances, every corner must be relearned relative to this. The game feels and is much slower and is no longer balanced. The game is ruined, period.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hm, but when you're talking about sebenco venom one can also name sebenco flash tt. On that tspeed classthe new technique also hasnt been used. And the actual time is full of mistakes. When you do it correctly very well you can gain almost 2s due to two awful laps. And that without the new technique. So with the knowledge of the new technique i would say 3s to gain.
    And that should be enough time for v2.51 player.
    Actually i wanted to improve the flash tt by using the new technique today but i think i sholud give you guys the chance to do it. Therefor i'll probably do a venom video using the equal technique for showing you.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

this is some bad news, since sl/tt is the mode i like the most.
    do any of you have a link to info on the updates?

@Yeldar: I saw you updated a lot of phatom tt times last month. did you go pre v2.51 to realize this?
    and is going back to pre v2.51 considered as cheating?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

@ xi_eI2aiiZZa_xi, I appreciate the opportunity!!! I had an idea to use a new spot with the turbo that I haven't previously seen (basically it would add an additional BR that isn't at the start, or over the large hill before the downhill straight, or towards the end right before the last chicane turn to the finish line). I'm not sure that is would really be all the faster in a perfect lap though. Problem for me is that I miss too many other rolls throughout the rest of the track to be consistent. I'd be interested to know what new method you were talking about. Let me know if you post a video!