Thread: Early Pulse Screen

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Post Early Pulse Screen

andydavis3d.com/gallery3d.htm

Just found this on Andy Davis' website as I was browsing around. It seems to be an early development screen from WipEout Pulse, showcasing an unknown track and an early FEISAR model. The HUD style and track style show that this was a very early version with their resemblance to Pure. If anyone knows what track is shown here, a response would be very much appreciated. Thought some of you might be interested in the early game look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DDD113; 15th October 2013 at 10:02 PM.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Orcus White.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Thanks, Alex. I wouldn't have known that, since Sony screwed over America with the DLC.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Yes, it's a real shame. No good reason for it. A few of the NA players managed to get hold of it, but I'd have loved to race against INFAXSU on Gemini Dam Black, amongst others.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Quite unfortunate, but there's not a whole lot we can do about it. One of Sony's MANY faults.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Damn straight it's one of many. Goddamn Sony to hell for killing off SL. Still manage to find some love for them though.

Also, I'm pretty sure if you have a US version of the game, you can trade it in for free at any game trading shop for a UK version and get the DLC. But the problem is that it's not exactly stable at times with the game. Sometimes ships don't load up on the selection screen, sometimes the menu just flips out and freezes, sometimes the game loads forever, and sometimes the game fails to even start from the XMB. These are the things I've personally come across with DLC with WO Pulse. I still freakin' love this game though. It (and Pure) were the ones that actually kinda relit that adrenaline-filled spark I had for WO that had dimmed from playing Fusion. Btw, this track is a b****.

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

The DLC works on EU and NA versions of Pulse, it's just that it's only available on the EU PSN. As far as I can tell, the two versions are exactly the same, except the NA version fixes the Single Race times bug that's present in the EU version, and the title screen looks slightly different. Yeah, the DLC does make the menus a bit laggy, occasionally freezing up while loading a track. Awesome tracks, though.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Yeah, I'll look into acquiring it. The tracks do look amazing, and I would love nothing more than to expand my WipEout experience.

Wow, that seems to be a very early screen. Most of the design in the HUD and track is clearly Pure, but the ship is already showing signs of Pulse's render engine, like the blob specular shine.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

That's why I found it so interesting. I had never seen anything so early, I mean, someone who didn't know very much about WipEout would easily think it was from Pure... interesting to see how the design changed, though.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

I am so blind @__@ I can't believe I missed the Pure HUD.