Thread: So it's been awhile..

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default So it's been awhile..

Haven't been on the forums or even played wipeout in a good couple months and was wondering how populated the online multiplayer is still. And are there any new changes/things that I should be aware of?

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Hi dude. There are still a fair few people playing, but it's probably quieter than last time you were online. Go online and have a bash

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's funny.
    Sometimes you start the old PS3 up thinking, I'm going to play HD/FURY, then see there are few online, so you start playing something else.

Other times it's the other way around.
    You start your PS3 up in the frame of mind to finally go find and kill some missing golden zombie from another game.
    So you sign in and check for messages, and in the process see quite a few on your friends list are online playing HD/FURY, so you think, meh! stuff the zombie it can wait, I'm going racing, and maybe plasma bolt some poor sod on the last lap just as they are about to reach the finish line, that's a lot more fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

although the multiplayer of HD/Fury might not be as active as it once used to be, there's usually at least 1 lobby going and if there isn't, hosting 1 will get people in rather quickly most of the times, although some people don't like to host, no clue why..

And i happen to play nothing else but wipeout on my PS3, i'm terrible at anything else with a controller LOL
    But yeah, wipeout's definitely still fun for me

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well I nearly gave up trying to join you lot tonight.
    So many things seem to be broken at my end, it doesn't seem to be that way for the majority though.

1]When in the lobby and I press start to see who of my friends are online it is always blank [which is false], which makes it impossible to send a invite or nudge without going into messaging, I can receive them OK, which is the weird bit.
    2]I don't get the little identifying name tags above the craft like I see in your videos Cipher, so I have very little, to no idea who I am shooting at apart from recognizing their racing style, I did when the game first came out, then two months after that, Ziltch
    3] Times like tonight when I tried to join your game and kept getting booted with a error message asking if I wanted to try again, must of been close to 10 times, very frustrating.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

lol blackwiggle

#2 is an ingame option you chose to have enabled or not ^^

#1; it's select, not start silly but yeah, i have that as well, i think it happens when the persons aren't actually in a race, but just idling in the lobby, not sure though, could do some testing on tat ^^
    #3; mmmmhm, lots of people have that problem, but if you get booted once, DO NOT TRY TO REJOIN!, it'll just boot you again. Once you get booted, the lobby player list isn't updated until the race is over and all player are back in the lobby, if you try to re-join while the others are still racing, it'll boot you because you're supposedly already in the lobby.
    But, there's also the derp lobbies, that simply brake and start booting players 1 by 1, it's funny xD, oh i love wipeout and all it's bugs with it ^^, but yeah if that happens, the lobby needs to be rehosted (wasn't the case this evening though)

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

#2 :I have the TAG option engaged, I've never altered it to off in the 5 years I've been playing HD.
    It seem that the determining factor of if it is going to work [Appear ] or not is the distance/ lag, between host and player.

I'm 12,000 miles away from the UK/Europe .... I suspect it's the LAG
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 5th October 2013 at 04:04 PM.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I miss Wipeout... I might have a few races during the week.!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

definitly do geeza, lots of fun to be had ^^
    (haven't see you on the PS3 in ages btw )

Cipher