Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I DID IT! - Syncopia online multiplayer

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

This dam glitch man, driving us crazy , got no clue why that's the case doc, but it is inded odd, the forward zone tracks show up on the reverse slot of the normal tracks >.<
    As for getting it, i'm starting to think it's time related, but i might just be losing my mind LOL

Blue seemed to have a ton of luck getting the glitch 4 times in a row yesterday lol

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Hey guys, interesting conversations here, and you have me very intrigued about this glitch. I was wondering if you have a tutorial video of how to do it in single player, Cipher. (I'm not very good with written instructions, lol ) Also, if I may propose such a radical idea, do you think it is possible that this version of Syncopia was thrown in on purpose by the developers, as a reward for the hardcore players who might run across it? I know that sounds crazy, but it just seems weird, I mean, how would the game even know how to texture a Zone track for single races, let alone that cool city background, it just seems to work to well to be an all out glitch. You would think there would be some incompatibility somewhere, between Zone and the other modes, and the track and ships themselves. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I just don't see any other way, maybe it was just a nice little present from SL.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

the track texture in zone mode is a shader, i'm guessing when playing it in non-zone mode, the shader doesn't activate and you just get a black texture, nothing too special about that
    And lol, i really highly doubt it was on purpose, why would you intentionally create a glitch in your game, giving the possibility of your customers to be confused, thinking their game is broken or sth ^^
    I still think it's a happy coincidence that this all works out
    As for that tutorial, i will DDD, kleo asked the same, but i couldn't get it last time (randomness grrrrr), going to try again after my food ;-)

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

For the people who request a tutorial, here you go ;

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Haa thx for the video Cipher I hope more ppl will notice this glitch now and try some stuff^^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Hehe, no problem ^^, my pleasure

And yeah, maybe, just maybe we'll see someone on one of the other tracks, i still doubt it though

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Me too, actually. But never give up hopes and dreams, right?

Anyways, your video inspired me. Will also do a video on the weekend with some more analysis. Let's squeeze every digit of information out of this glitch at least!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Haha, collect all the rumors!
    Jan said earlier on PSN he gets it easier when pressign circle 4 times to go back from ship selection to track selection ^^
    Oh wipeout, you so funny

Can't wait to see what you come up with doc

Cipher
    ps gnight folks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

look at this photos. i never noticed before that the ghost has actually a different skin than the ship you're using
    it says: lighting the way / holocorp / holobot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

haha, never noticed that either, cool find
    And is it me, or holos normally green?

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I had some fun on syncopia today, thx to Cipher .
    I did some Phantom and rapier SL. 50min to start a phantom SL: i get the glitch once but pressing X to join syncopia didn't worked, then i get it again for a total of 50min trying it.
    For rapier SL, it took me 1h30 to get the glitch.... :/
    I was motivated XD .

Anyway, i noticed that when you press circle on the track selection screen, you can quicly see the track name, "tech de ra", changing for what i recognized as syncopia.
    You can see that if you press circle fast.
    Did anyone noticed that too?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

^i thought i saw that as well, but figured i was losing my mind, but seems i'm not alone on that thought after all
    And glad you got it to work kleido

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Whoa kleido if that is true.... Gotta check it out later today

EDIT: Checked, but I didn't see anything. "TECH DE RA" you mean? The one underneath the track video? That letters aren't animated for me. Or is this also a rare case thingy that it changes to Syncopia?

Anyways, I should mention for the sake of completion that this Syncopia bug has two "faces" when it shows up. Dunno if anyone recognized it before. Sometimes when you have the Snycopia glitch, all info on the track selection screen are about Syncopia [except the actual cell symbol of course], but sometimes, Syncopia shows up and the Tech De Ra track video is still running above the track name...
    Last edited by docfo4r; 13th November 2013 at 04:13 AM.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Pre 2.51 Syncopia <3.

I'll upload an online race too I remember the room was full for about 3 days straight when it happened first time around. Some great races

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

hehe, if it were possible i'd keep hosting the syncopia race as well, leaving the ps3 on, but we all know that's no longer possible with the damn network errors nowadays >.< (and automatic starting would take a long time if there isn't many folks)

And watched your speed lap recently on syncopia yeldar, IIRC, from my tries, you can barrel roll on the first hill if you hit the boost just before the finish line (no sideshift needed), don't know if it's worth it though

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Has anyone made this glitch work on the NTSC game? I don't know if there is a difference, but I'm having no luck.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    don't know if it's worth it though
    It's not

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Rezatron is from canada, so i guess he has ntsc too

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

Watching that video made me realize I will NEVER be a competitive enough racer to beat most of you guys. Your technique and barrel rolling skills are INCREDIBLE.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by DDD113 View Post
    Has anyone made this glitch work on the NTSC game?
    Essentially, there is no such thing as PAL or NTSC with the PS3. HD standards don't require either, and games generally aren't recreated on a per-region basis. Any changes would be purely superficial - basically just language packs, and absolutely not actual game code.