Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I DID IT! - Syncopia online multiplayer

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I wonder if we maybe need to do something once the glitch appears in the track selection screen, other than confirming. What I know is that if you have the glitch on the track selection and you move the cursor to another track, you can't go back to the glitched entry.
    Last edited by docfo4r; 8th November 2013 at 07:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

You can move the cursor after pressing back. That is how I got the glitch to work. I have both HDD and disc version and they both work. Old or new patch dont matter. I have spoken to kingtriforce over PSN and he doesn't know how his time got on that list unfortunately. You have to be very patient to get this glitch to work. Sometimes it can take 20 minutes or more. Once Syncopia appears you just press confirm.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hmm so maybe it is only a false entry in the leaderboards and there is no Mallavol glitch.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i got it yesterday for single player, i used ciphers method. global 3rd venom speedlap

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

This glitch is interesting; it would be great to be able to access the other Zone-only tracks in other modes. People probably have had this line of thinking before, but anyway:

It may be a case of interrupted loading of internal names for tracks. Given TDR is the last "normal" track and Syncopia is the last Zone track in order of listing, part of those internal names may match up, in which case Syncopia is loaded in place of TDR. Perhaps it's merely a matter of trial and error of the same glitch attempted on another track, perhaps Vineta K or Talon's Junction, that will open up Mallavol.

Perhaps the Fury tracks may be a better place to start as they were included with the Zone-only tracks and are perhaps more likely to have a closer link.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Congratz jan!!!!!

@amplificated, it's probably got nothing to do with the name, usually in code, names are just a string that get printed to the screen and don't affect the loading of different variables, if only i could see the code lol, i'd go and check it out
    I tried for half an hour yesterday, but it simply didn't want to work out this time lol, i wonder if the time has something to do with it

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

I tried it just now. Got Syncopia three times but it took quite a while.

When I got it first, I simply went back to the menu before and confirmed again, and it was gone. So, I guess we can confirm that going to the previous menu will only "delete" the glitch.
    When I got it the second time, I set the cursor to other tracks. Well, obviously I could not return to that Syncopia entry. I selected Amphiseum backwards, since it is 2 jumps left from the Syncopia glitch [Mallavol is 2 jumps left from Syncopia]. But well, Amphiseum loaded as it should. When I then got back into the menu I jumped right to the track selection screen, the glitch was still there. I selected Amphiseum backwards again to see if the glitch would remain there now. But after going back to the menu from the race, it was gone.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Congratz jan!!!!!

@amplificated, it's probably got nothing to do with the name, usually in code, names are just a string that get printed to the screen and don't affect the loading of different variables
    I know, but that code still functions as a name. For example, you know me as amplificated, but my family know me by another name. Chances are that string of code is not entirely random, and that's what I'm getting at, basically.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Do we have a list of WipEout programmers? Let's ask em if they know what could cause the glitch

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i did it again after just 2!!! tries. what i did: shut down ps3, reboot it; start up wipeout and trying ciphers method (ps3 wasn't connected to internet); just 2 tries and it worked. i haven't been able to reproduce since lol.
    damn funky glitch

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

XDDD

Two tries is awesome, never happened that fast for me. Good to know that, though, so it is also not connected to long runtimes of WOHD or the PS3.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

new WR syncopia TT venom

edit: join now!
    online eliminator phantom syncopia!!!!!!!!!!
    no 1 interested?
    edit2: sry, connection issues
    edit3: it seems i can do it now quite successfully
    ciphers method works wonders, when done after booting up the ps3

edit4: up & running again online eliminator syncopia target 200 = 40 lap endurance race
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 9th November 2013 at 06:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

LOL Jan be having fun! XD
    i'm on a visit at the parents' this weekend, so can't join ya, but have fun! glad you're getting lucky with it

Gratz on the records as well

Cipher

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Cipher, time ago I used your way too but I never got Syncopia, only with the mode of selecting the track and going left right ecc...
    Anyway this bug is sooo random.. sometimes it take 40 secs, and sometimes you need a life for get it!
    For Mallavol and the other tracks, maybe you have to repeat the same glitch but with another tracks, like the Amphiseum, Modesto ecc.. I don't think that is a leaderboard bug..
    And anyway I think that this bug has been implemented voluntarily.. it's so strange!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

well, if we share the work to find the last 3 'hidden' tracks, maybe we will find them faster. im sure it's possible to get access to them somehow. im concentrating on moa fwd + talons fwd + sebenco rev right now. so it would be smart, if everyone chooses different tracks to find the 'stargate'

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

XD.

Well I don't wanna discourage anyone... But I also tried these methods before and what happened is that at one time the Tech De Ra reverse version had the empty symbol again [like when the Syncopia glitch happened] and I could not select it. So I'm not sure if other tracks can be really achieved the same way.

But that doesn't mean that I won't try it and it also doesn't mean giving up on the subject^^ I'll take care of Amphiseum fwd and rev.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

LOL implemented voluntarily XD
    I doubt that strongly lol, would be a nice troll move of the coders though ^^

And yeah, it's just another method, i think it's faster for multiplayer, since you don't have to wait for the "applying settings" stuff, there's 3methods as far as i know
    And no clue about malavol, this whole thingy is such a funny thing

but don't you think it's odd NOBODY has seen the glitch happen on another track, not even when they weren't on it, not once =/

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

tech de ra and syncopia both have 8 letters! just coincidence? think about it...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

a space also counts as a character in a string Jan
    So yes, coincidence LOL, so funny how we keep trying to find a reason for it XD

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

XDDD that with the letters was cool
    But well, every way of looking on it helps.

Tech De Ra reverse is the last track if you pick any racemode except Zone, Zone Battle & Detonator. Syncopia is the last track if you have Zone modes on. So it could really be just the fact that WOHD somehow messes up the number of last possible track for the current race mode.
    But if that theory would contain truth, then I wonder why it is even possible that Syncopia shows up on the Tech De Ra reverse spot. I mean, when you have those 4 Zone tracks active, the reverse spots are empty. Wouldn't it make more "sense" for that glitch if instead of Syncopia, just emptyness shows up?
    Or does that mean that the 4 unavailable cells [the reverse ones for the 4 zone tracks] are actually "containing" the Zone tracks, forward setup but you only just can't access them?