Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I DID IT! - Syncopia online multiplayer

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Default I DID IT! - Syncopia online multiplayer

Didn't take long at all either, only like 6 tries or so!, of course nobody is online right now >.<

So join in noawwwww!!!!
    will be hosting it for as long as i get no network error

(posted 29th september - 14:30 GMT+1)

Cipher

- - - Updated - - -

I have to disappoint! i messed up and lost it (i'm an idiot, i know) >.>
    will keep this thread for in case i manage to do it again

Nr14 on the leader boards here now
    Last edited by Cipher; 30th September 2013 at 03:59 AM.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Man can't believe I missed it !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

you missed it because i was an idiot and messed it up, would've kept hosting it otherwise -_-
    it's funny, because i did it twice in a row as well

here's the vid, includes getting the glitch;

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 30th September 2013 at 10:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Will you host other races on syncopia in a near futur?
    I'd like to try that, it could be fun

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I've been trying from time to time, but it's being a pain in the butt
    It's funny how i had it 2 times in a row that time lol
    It's easy to achieve in single player, but multiplayer seems to be so random >.<

If i do manage to get it though, this will prolly be the first place to hear about it

Cipher

PSN ID
    DIXI200

Hello Cipher last night I saw you go, I wanted to offer you a cup of coffee, but you guy always go very quickly ... next time wait 34 seconds so we can meet

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Had lots of works to do (still have lots) and was making dinner and what not, wanted to invite you over into the chat, but u went off before i had the chance
    And keep practicing your phantom ^^

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

well, i found an easier way of getting this glitch (no need to select the track and swap to an adjacent track and back), you can just go to the track selection, hover on TDR r, then press back fo the stings, then back to track selection and repeat
    i actually had it earlier today, but the repeat part got automated and i pressed circle to go back -_-

Will keep you posted if i get it again, since it is now less tedious

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey Cipher, keep it up. Seems like you are about to crack the nut of how to get to this glitch more accurate.

Btw, have you guys ever noticed that there were some strange world records also for Mallavol [i think it was single race aswell] in the leaderboards? I haven't checked it for ages and dunno if they are still there. This once again makes me wonder if it is possible to glitch out the remaining 3 Zone tracks aswell... ?!?!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

hey cipher, could you make a video which shows exactly the process of getting the glitch done with your 'new' method plz? i've tried for several minutes and had no success at all. it never happened to me, i don't know, if im doing it wrong or if it is just random ****...
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 7th November 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Doc! how you been? ^^ SSGX coming along nicely, just saw the vid on the youtubes keep it up!

As for this glitch, i've been trying a good while yesterday, but didn't work out, so it's still completely random lol, don't seem to find a pattern for it either
    Derpy wipeout with it's funky bugs.
    And i saw that as well, but i have no clue how it could happen, i've never seen any other track than TDRr get replaced, so i wouldn't hope for it, but it makes me wonder as well, gotta see that code hé doc?

Cipher

- - - Updated - - -

Will do JF, just for you <3
    although the random state of this glitch, cant promise i'll get it form the get go though, but the method works

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Thanks.
    Am doing ok, enjoying [enjoyed] a free week before the big exams come up on Xmas How about you?

I tried it before, this glitch, and one time I had some sort of choice-combination that led me into this bug 100%.... but it was gone after restarting my PS3. So, I dunno... Maybe it is indeed just a random bug and there is no path leading to it other than the randomness. I gotta try some stuff today to see if other tracks can be glitched like this. But tbh I highly doubt it, I mean... If it is possible, there must be some sort of evidence on the internet I think.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Baah, busy with college, slavery i tell ya , but doing fine apart from that, thx

And lol these funky combination things, this game man, this game.... i'd love to think there's a secret path behind it all, but it is soooooo inconsistent i just think it's a random thing to do with rounding errors of double to float conversion, wouldn't know what else in code that oculd make this thing happen

As for the other zone tracks, i dunno man, if there's time records on it, there must be a way i guess ^^

Cipher

- - - Updated - - -

and sry for the double post, but here's the vid/method JF ;-)
    lobby settings and ship selection shouldn't matter

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

thx for your efforts, but it still doesn't work for me. do you know if it has something to do with the version of the game that is used? i.e. blu-ray version or hdd version? or is it the version of PS3 that is used (fat;slim;superslim)? another possible solution could be the order of installing the updates. i.e. it is possible to install the fury pack before and after version 2.10... it is really confusing.

edit: i'll ask my medicine man, maybe it's just some kind of voodoo involved
    edit2: the nsa should know the solution, i mean they know everthing about everthing
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 8th November 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

XD lol Jan

Ok I am also trying to do get this glitch now. I know that it is possible to do this glitch with only jumping the screens [without changing tracks], but the changing tracks method always worked faster for me...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

LOL jan XD, i have the retail version of the game if it matters, but i don't think it does, don't think it's got anything to do with the PS3 model either i really don't know lol, probably voodo
    are you trying it in online or single player jan?

And good luck doc! XD

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

So I tried it for singleplayer for a while now but haven't had any luck. But I found something interesting in the leaderboards.

There shouldn't be any race times on the 4 zone tracks unless in Zone and Detonator mode, right? Now we know there are race times from ppl on Syncopia. But there are more:

Mallavol -> SpeedLap [Venom] -> 1 entry by "neam8"
    Mallavol -> Single Race [Flash] -> 1 entry by "kingtriforce"
    Mallavol -> Multiplayer Race [Venom] -> 1544 entries [entries 1534-1540 are deleted]
    Corridon 12 -> Multiplayer Race [Venom] -> 1331 entries [entries 1327-1330 are deleted, the first entries have a time of 0.00.00]

It is strange for me that there are 3 different race setups all on Mallavol. I dunno if that is only a bug in the leaderboards or if a few very lucky people indeed achieved a glitch race on this track, maybe even without really realizing that this is a glitch. Also it looks like it is working better on low speed classes but that I can't confirm.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i've tried both, online & offline, but still no success. i've ps3 slim and the psn version of the game. i must admit that i stopped trying after several minutes.
    @ docfo4r: i believe that the venom times are somehow related to zonebattle mode, but i could be wrong of course

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hmmm dunno, could be right. But then I wonder why there is no data of Pro Tozo.

Btw: Slim version aswell + HD/Fury BluRay version

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Kleidoscope asked that i do an indepth guide for getting this glitch, so will add some live commentary to a recording when i'm going for the glitch

And that's quite a few entries doc, 1544 enties for multiplayer, is more entries than there are in syncopia, maybe it was a thing before some patch and since the patch, it happens less often, but when it does, it no longer happens with mallavol but with syncopia instead? just guessing here

@jan i can get it pretty consistent in single player (at least i used to, haven't tried single player much lately), so will give that a go first again ;-)

Cipher