Thread: A Zone Zeus run with the original epilepsy version interesting?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Default A Zone Zeus run with the original epilepsy version interesting?

Is there any interest in seeing a Zone Zeus run on Anulpha Pass with the Preview build of Wipeout HD? I could make a recording of it if enough people are interested in this. It will be in 1080p 30 fps (can't record 60fps unfortunately). This zone mode is quite different compared to the final build (the preview build was the version that failed the epilepsy test sometime in the spring 2008). The handling of the zone craft differs a bit in this preview version. Wall collisions are a lot stickier, I think that the final build had a lot more bouncier walls. This results in more troublesome wall collisions when reaching higher zones. It also feels like your craft generally takes more damage, or I'm getting old and have slower reflexes nowadays... Also, it was a long time ago since I reached Supersonic but a run to at least 65-70 zones should be possible (63 being my record at the moment). Anyway, sign here if interested. PS. "Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone" can be provided as in game music if requested.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Ooh that would be pretty cool. Was always curious to see more of that preview build.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

i don't even know what this epi(lepti)c zone version is, so go ahead, blast me with those flashing flashy colours of light!

Cipher

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Do it!!! I've only ever heard storys of this and I would LOVE to see it in all its craziness!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Yes, DO IT NAOWWWW!! please

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I played the original Zone Mode on my debug unit this weekend and guess what happened... YLOD! I'm pretty sure I can fix it though. I'll get on it first thing when I have some time over.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

murphy payed a visit huh?
    hope you get it fixed, good luck!

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

The fan had been going crazy for some time, but I didn't think it would give up entirely on me... Hopefully a reflow will do the trick. I've heard that some units get totally fried and can't be repaired but let us hope for the best.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

And to top if off, you're offering to play Danger Zone over the top? multibodydynamics, you just ARE my hero!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    zzonkmiles

I'd be interested in seeing this too. I would really like to see what Supersonic looks like on the non-Fury tracks. I really REALLY hate that black on black background. I can't see where I'm going AT ALL. The gold on the Fury tracks looks much better and I can see where I'm going!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Quote Originally Posted by Zzonkmiles View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing this too. I would really like to see what Supersonic looks like on the non-Fury tracks. I really REALLY hate that black on black background. I can't see where I'm going AT ALL. The gold on the Fury tracks looks much better and I can see where I'm going!
    Yeah, I usually pick up my game and regain composure on Syncopia as soon as Supersonic begins!