Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA V Anyone?

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Default GTA V Anyone?

So I may have queued for it at midnight last night, but I couldnt help myself Special Edition and a Blimp, I'm more than happy. Anyone who lives in/travels to Edinburgh will have seen the MASSIVE poster outside the Rockstar North building (its only 15 mins from my house ^_^) Anyone else bothered to get GTA V? Or is anyone planning on getting it?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm gonna hold out for a potential PS4 or PC release. Sounds like it'll be worth it though with all the reaction to the game!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    RICHochet

I'll get it for sure if the PC port is decent. As for the game, I'm sure the campaign will be entertaining, but I'm actually looking forward to the multiplayer more.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Game of the Year for Spike TV VGA's this year I think, I'll hope its takes the title.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

I just got mine, and It's awsome, and I've only seen half of the stuff in it so far.

Also can't wait for multiplayer, including the beta for BF4 in October

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'd hold out for a PS4 version if you can.
    I bought the PS3 version on release day, and well not having ever played a GTA game before I was expecting amazing things from all the hype it was getting.
    I think underwhelmed would be a fair description of my brief experience with it so far, the graphics aren't that hot with visible tearing, and it all looks kind of washed out to me, but the most annoying thing so far is the stupidly mixed coloured text that are supposed to highlight certain words on screen when you read your mission objectives, they chose a very light blue for this, add this to a already washed out palette of colours.

Even getting up out of my seat and putting my face 12" away from the TV, on a 46" Sony HD screen, this light blue text is illegible.

They spend 280 million building and promoting the game and small dumb design choices like that are allowed to happen.

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Loved GTA III and Vice City, GTA IV Bored the hell out of me, GTA V looks great, but I'm more excited for Pokémon X and Y

So I haven't got it.

I think that sums it up.

Lol.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I'm still hard playing it. Loving every second of it. Mechanics are spot on, game play is awesome, story is gripping, driving is no longer as hell on earth as GTA IV was, missions are enjoyable, the game looks gorgeous and (possibly the oddest comment I'm about to make but...) THE WEATHER!!! ITS EPIC!!! I'm currently caught in a thunderstorm and the way its been done is just awesome!!! This is all just personal opinion mind you But I seriously recommend the game guys. Stunning.

@Aeralys - Pokemon!! <3 But I'm amazingly out of date with the Pokemon games... Leaf Green and Fire Red were the last ones I played.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Gamestop manager got fired because of angry GTA V nerd rage. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA channel on Youtube. NOT JOKEING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ97n...yer_detailpage

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Gamers want gamespot reviewer fired because of not perfect score on GTA V. Video is from ReviewTechUSA channel on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...3d9_FHO_XG1PZg
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 25th September 2013 at 10:22 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That sucks

I LOVE this, same but different.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hC0Ng_ajpY

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

Quote Originally Posted by KronicReaper View Post
    Gamestop manager got fired because of angry GTA V nerd rage. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA channel on Youtube. NOT JOKEING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ97n...yer_detailpage
    I just watch the video too and the one before that.

I will say that it is one of the best games I've ever played, but I do think it will and is abit overrated to the point that dumb fanboys will do something like this all because of one negative thing a reviewer said about it.

I do think GTA 5 isn't perfect, but still a great game. Yet the community has some dumb and stubborn gamers like CoD.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

I agree with you about the COD fanboys, if they see one bad review on COD: Ghosts that is coming in November. THEY WILL GO APE AND GO INTO A RAGE FIT.
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 25th September 2013 at 08:35 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Dumb stubborn gamers are present in about every community it seems.

I think GTA V is a brilliant game the multiple lead characters work really well in my opinion I especially like the way you can just drop in on them whatever they might be up to.

@Blackwiggle GTA V's text isnot my favourite and while I can agree that they do seem to make poor choices when it comes to the on screen text, lets not judge the series by one game because if we did that and used say, Wipeout Fusion ...well...

Also come on dude you're a gamer right? Most gamers know Rockstar and the GTA games aren't renowned for their graphics, GTA V's gameplay more than makes up for it. At the same time GTA V looks and feels smoother then previous games.

Those videos are a bit of a joke but hey those are the kind of people gaming can attract not just GTA.
    Last edited by Rapier Racer; 25th September 2013 at 09:11 PM.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

As a long time fan of the series I'm absolutely loving GTA 5 and it's lived up to pretty much all my 5 years worth of anticipation. Can't wait for online to get going, seems like something I might actually be interested in this time around If anyone wants to set up a crew for exploring and general buffoonery then give me a shout.

Graphics are definitely a secondary issue for me, there's far too much focus on that in this console generation, usually to the detriment of any apparent gameplay. This game is beautiful to me...go to the top of Chilliad mountain and watch a dust storm roll in or a beautiful sunset and it's almost emotional lol. I also agree with Knux that the weather system rocks!

As for those videos well I guess you're bound to get a few fruit loops when it comes to the worlds biggest gaming franchise, don't see why it's such an issue tbh.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

I don't want to cause you GTA V fans who play wipeout that will be in a rage fit. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYfZg...3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Old news Kronic. People need excuses, sadly games get the blame.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Dumb stubborn gamers are present in about every community it seems.

I think GTA V is a brilliant game the multiple lead characters work really well in my opinion I especially like the way you can just drop in on them whatever they might be up to.

@Blackwiggle GTA V's text isnot my favourite and while I can agree that they do seem to make poor choices when it comes to the on screen text, lets not judge the series by one game because if we did that and used say, Wipeout Fusion ...well...

Also come on dude you're a gamer right? Most gamers know Rockstar and the GTA games aren't renowned for their graphics, GTA V's gameplay more than makes up for it. At the same time GTA V looks and feels smoother then previous games.
    I sort of have times when I game intensely, which I've just been through due to nearly two months off work due to a mangled ankle, and then almost stop entirely, then slowly get back into it.
    When I put GTA V into my console it just seemed like a disappointment at the time, I'm sure you are correct and the gameplay will make up for it, but I haven't even loaded up any game in nearly 2 weeks.
    I just hope the slight nausea I felt during the first driving sequence due to the way the camera angles seem to operate doesn't return when I eventually start playing it again.
    Then again, in retrospect, the nausea might of been because I'd just watched the 3D version of Star Trek latest immediately before loading GTA V.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

This video might get a lot of GTA fans very PO'd of this. Video comes from ReviewTechUSA channel from Youtube. WARNING: Explicated Content

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfzm...3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

This seems totally irrelevant. And not sure why GTA fans would be peeved by it.