Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New PS VITA will allow you to play 2048 on your TV with PS3 controllers

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

It used to work on one of the early Japanese PS Vita TVs as well, was tempted to get one, but they were all overpriced by the time i knew about it :/

And yeah, it sucks if this gets patch

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

simply don't patch the system then

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

That means you can't get online, it always asks to update as soon as you try to go online, it signs you out if you cancel it

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

There might be exploits to solve that problem.
    EDIT:
    Just to clarify, what I mean is that I have read about exploits that tricks PSN to think that you are running the latest firmware even if you are not. The important part for all who want to use this exploit is to stay on 3.52! When Sony releases the next firmware we have to check what the changes are. There might be a slim chance that they actually reconsider and make all Vita games playable on the PSTV but the most likely to happen is that they patch the exploit. In that case we need to stay on 3.52 and look out for exploits so that we can go online even if 3.52 isn't the latest FW anymore. These kind of exploits have been done before and apparently lots of things are now possible to do with the PSTV running 3.52... The mail client seem to be particularly vulnerable....
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 27th September 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

amazon asks 46€ for pstv, i'll see if my local e-store merchant can get me a better price. i need this device now

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Which amazon is that?? o_O

Amazon.supercheap ???

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

amazon germany
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Aaaah the black one, i really want the white one though, white is freaking sexy!! (No racism intended)
    Thx for the info

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

but there's a white one for japan only, at least on amazon germany. and it costs 147€! that's way too much imho. but 46€ for the black one is ok. will use it for the three portable wipeouts mostly. so no need for an additional memory card either (one gb is onboard)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Yeah i know it's the japanese edition, they get all the cool stuff, not fair

I'll search some more for a cheaper listing somewhere, but the difference is indeed ridiculous, just for a color *smh*

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

So there was only one annoying thing about this exploit and that is that the whitelist somehow returned to its original state after a while. Apparently, that little PSTV makes a little tricky maneouver and calls home a little now and then and downloads the list to restore it to its original state. In other words, the exploit had to be made again and again. That has now been fixed.
    1. Log on to your router. http://192.168.0.1/
    2. Go to URL Filter (or something similar, I have a D-Link).
    3. Add vitacl.ww.dl.playstation.net
    4. Add vitacl.xx.dl.playstation.net
    5. Done. The list can no longer get restored.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Interesting o_O
    Thx for the infos, unfortunately i don't have router access here tho, so if i get it, i'a have to do it over and over

But christ Sony, are you really that anal about people only being able to play what you allow them to? Dafuq?

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    But christ Sony, are you really that anal about people only being able to play what you allow them to? Dafuq?
    Um. Yeah. That's kinda been their MO since the PlayStation 3.

But what about just not connecting to the internet after doing that glitch?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Um. Yeah. That's kinda been their MO since the PlayStation 3.

But what about just not connecting to the internet after doing that glitch?
    Exactly.
    I only bought the PSTV to play the PSP wipeout games, so finally having the ability to play 2048 is a bonus.
    besides, since the PSTV has been a bit of a flop....[I wonder why, with Sony crippling it ] so they are quite easy to find discounted,if not second hand on Ebay not that they were every that expensive to begin with.

By the way, I don't see why Sony would bother to fix this exploit, as if they legitimised it, it would probably lead to a lot more sales of VITA games.

I strongly suspect it was at the urging of Sony's legal department, that probably warned of a legal apocalypse of company destroying law suits happening if Sony allowed any games that might not have full 100% compatibility with the PSTV......where in actuality, all Sony had to do to test all VITA games, and to give fair warning on any game it found that might have problems in that area.....they could still do that and save face, and probably save the PSTV from a early demise to to lack of support.

But that would be showing common sense, and Sony hasn't shown that trait in years.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th September 2015 at 05:30 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I've been playing a little more 2048 today. This exploit is just sick! Did a Zone race on Downtown. Awesome!!! Zone mode looks really nice on a 60" screen. Tried to play the HD Fury DLC online. Worked. Felt super-weird playing HD Fury with DS3 on a big screen with 2048 HUD and music. Tried Detonator aswell. That didn't look good at all. One issue though. A problem that I think can be difficult to get around. Playing the 2048 online campaign is not working. The game always crashes when an online race is about to start. At first I didn't understand why this happened but now I've realised that it happens when the game tries to activate the front camera (you always get a photo opportunity before an online race). There is no camera so an error code appears and the game stops working. Single player campaign works 100%. Record tables update correctly aswell. URL blocking also works. I've never had to repeat the exploit process. I'm happy.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Couldn't you somehow have a photo pre loaded to be used for that?
    Or have a PSeye attached via USB to recreate the VITA's camera?
    I never bothered with the VITA as it never had the ability of it's nearest predecessor , the PSP GO!, of being capable to be played on a big screen like this hack has enabled it to do.
    I still haven't got this hack working yet, only because my router/modem is playing up while trying to set it up [my PS4 couldn't connect either till just now]....plus I haven't used Gmail in many years, so I only just got the account reactivated...with the shock of about 300+ unread emails

Just for a laugh, can somebody check to see if the trophies work.

EDIT: I'm getting the very dubious "Chinese Hacking charterers" on my Firefox web browser AS SOON AS I OPEN THE WRITE EML....it's a Chinese based hack on Sony.
    I've suffered this before.....it's a hacking "Call/Response" thing that Firefox shows up.....which shows that the Chinese are good at Hacking, but **** at hiding it, as it shows the real time reading of the hack as seen by them...[So I've been told by Firefox mavens ]

It seems it just can't wait to be installed on the PSTV and is waiting to report, so best practice, is to download the email that will open the hack, but disconnect prior to doing so, and never bother having the PSTV on-line again, use a PS3 or PS4 to download new content for the PSTV , but make sure it is offline when you do.

How dangerous ?
    They are gathering info from Sony on user preferences, plus trying to crack other stuff if given the chance as I'm lead to believe......they are smart, but not very good, as their exploits are shown due to glitches in their hacking software with Firefox.

I can't get it to install anyway, after numerous attempts, when I get to the final phase of the operation, I get a error message saying this program is not compatible....my system software hasn't updated, so I have no idea what the problem is.....is it a Region thing?....Anybody else in Oceania got this thing working?

Rapidly losing interest after the amount of time I've spent trying to get this F***er to work
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th September 2015 at 03:13 PM.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Really?! OMG! I'm glad I never updated my Vita TV! Can we get the scoop on how to do this?! Someone post a link, please!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

2048's online mode not available isn't a big lost anyways. zone mode + maybe speedlaps is where the game shines brightly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

A user named webkatt posts a very detailed description here:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1116430&page=8

A few things to clarify:
    1. Use Thunderbird and configure it with your Gmail. Others have tried Outlook and apparently that causes a lot of trouble.
    2. To get Gmail running on PS TV you have to allow less secure apps in Gmail settings. www.gmail.com
    3. Make sure file extensions are shown in Windows. Go to folder settings and enable it if they are hidden. Rename the file to #0.
    4. To make the exploit permanent 2 URLs have to be blocked in your router. See my post earlier in this thread for details.

EDIT:
    I can confirm that trophies work. Just got my first one in Velocity Ultra and WO2048 trophies are visible among the others in the Trophies app.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 28th September 2015 at 07:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I'll be able to tell you if this also works on the japanese edition of the PS Vita TV in a couple days, ordered mine

Cipher