Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: New PS VITA will allow you to play 2048 on your TV with PS3 controllers

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I'm not looking to update my Vita TV at all! I just hope I can still get into the email client without being forced to update.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

As long as you don't try to sign-in into you PSN account, it shouldn't ask to update (just like the PS3 doesn't ask you to update unless you're signed in)

Cipher

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I was able to connect to my email without having to update. I'm still on 3.20 firmware.

All is well.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Hold the power button which will bring up the recovery menu, from there you have the option to restore the Vita TV which should also revert the firmware to factory defaults, you might want to de-activate your PSN account on it first though
    @Blackwiggle, as soon as you launch an application/game whilst online, your whitelist will get overwritten by one from the official sony servers resulting in the whitelist hack no longer working (and you no longer being able to apply it since you updated -> you have to reset the whole system again), honestly, i wouldn't risk updating

Cipher
    I copied the contents of the old, faulty memory card that has Pure & Pulse + DLC, and game saves, onto a new memory card.
    I haven't updated the PSTV.

So let me get this correct.
    Since I haven't updated the system software, all I need to do is do a restore that should wipe the update notification the PSTV has been sent, then de-activate my PSN account on it, start up the email client, link it with Gmail, re-send myself the emails with hack, apply the hack.... and all should be good if I never connect to the internet.

Should I remove the memory card at any stage prior to doing any of this, or is it ok to leave it in ..... I'll remember to turn the unit off this time before removing the memory card

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I haven't tried that, but if it doesn't work, take it back and exchange it. Figure out some reason to tell them, and when you exchange it, you should have one at 3.20. Just be sure to not update that one!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

@Blackwiggle do not activate your psn account after setting it up the vita tv, do it during the setup, you cann safely activate it online during the first time setup (it won't prompt for updates) once it's validated, unplug the internet so it doesn't automatically sign you in after the first time setup is complete, once done, plug the internet back in and DO NOT sign in to PSN, then just continue with the email exploit and once finished unplug the vita tv
    Note that if your backup (and/or memory card) is from a more recent firmware version, it will not work with the older version of the Vita TV

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

YAY ! Success finally.
    I just got home from work and gave it a go, I tried it a few times and couldn't work out what I was doing wrong, as I wasn't getting the little camera icon showing as a attachment in the second email, like it was in the first email
    Turned out all the problem was that I was clicking on the error message after opening the first email, instead of ignoring it and just quitting out of email, then starting it up again to open the second email.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Glad to hear it. 2048 sure is sweet on a TV. Being able to play it on a normal Dualshock (the Vita cramps my hands!) is a nice bonus, too.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's nice to play some new [for me] Wipeout, pity it had to be basically a partially crippled version of it though, due to Sony's decisions and actions.

After about 45 minutes playing I've just got to the bit where I would have got my first trophy in Campaign.
    Those tracks seem very confusing to me ATM, and without Racebox mode to practice in, I can't see that changing any time soon, God knows how anybody played this on a handheld, there is just so much going on visually at once.
    To me it seems a bit of a Dogs breakfast of a Wipeout, and I can now see why a lot of old time Wipeout pilots didn't like this title [I hope Formula Fusion doesn't end up visually messy like this]

I'm playing it like I always play Wipeout, internal view, Wipeout control option with pilot assist off, so far, apart from not know where TF I'm going, I'm finding that it sure could do with some ability to adjust the air brakes.
    Playing it in 3D seems to help a bit, as the added depth perception helps seeing the layout of the track ahead slightly better

Strangely, to me it doesn't look as good as Pure or Pulse on a big screen via a PSTV, again I suppose that's because there is so much going on at once compared to the relatively uncluttered look of Pure & Pulse.
    Pity SL never got to update this game, as I'm sure it would of been a lot better state now than how it was unfortunately left...... it probably would have appeared as a PS4 title at the PStore by now anyway if things had been allowed to play out.
    Lost opportunities

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well Wiggle, I would have to agree about the visuals, but I really wouldn't want it on the PS4 unless they scrapped the utterly useless online mode.

Can you imagine if you were in a lobby in HD waiting for 4 people to join and then they all vote for an Elimination round? Garbage. Utter garbage, especially with so much potential.

I really do love the attention to detail 2048 had story wise, but I guess that was back in a time of limited online play options too. I'm sure SL would have remedied this for a PS4 release if they had the chance. Lost opportunities indeed.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

As I never have played this online [and unless some intervention by the gaming God's, it looks like I never will] I never suffered the frustration of the 'Vote' online system.

I did see on a YouTube video the frustration this was causing, and somebody just came up with a solution that showed his 2048 online avatar as the words 'BATTLE MODE' in a Red circle, crossed out.

Apparently like minded people saw this Avatar and voted to race.
    A small victory for common sense.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post

You can still play 2048 on Vita TV though, just reset it to factory defaults and you will be able to apply the hack again (Note that you lose all data with doing that though and if you have a japanese Vita TV, you won't be able to tie it to your non Japanese account (because the Japanese Vita TV only accepted Japanese PSN accounts with the factory default firmware) which in turn means you can't insert your normal memory card for example)

Cipher
    Is there a difference between VITA TV and Playstation TV? I have a Playstation TV and I have now tried the menu that you get when you hold the power button for a few seconds. I've tried rebuild data base and I have tried system reset. There is no alternative that says reset to factory defaults. After resetting I had to go through the setup process again and when the system started that awful 3.55 was still there. I have no idea how to revert the system software to which it was when I bought it. The PS TV did not do a system update during the startup process. In that case I would have had 3.60.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

The Playstation TV and Vita TV are the same thing.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I just found this youtube video on how to downgrade your Vita TV's system software, it's for a previous version, but in theory it should still work.
    It involves some sort of hardware hack.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX6zHAIIkaY

I'm not sure if you can load a older system software over a newer on, but I found this site that shows you how to change your system software to a specific version, and a link to site that has all the different system software versions stored.
    http://www.guidingtech.com/42173/off...vita-firmware/
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 9th May 2016 at 01:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    Is there a difference between VITA TV and Playstation TV? I have a Playstation TV and I have now tried the menu that you get when you hold the power button for a few seconds. I've tried rebuild data base and I have tried system reset. There is no alternative that says reset to factory defaults. After resetting I had to go through the setup process again and when the system started that awful 3.55 was still there. I have no idea how to revert the system software to which it was when I bought it. The PS TV did not do a system update during the startup process. In that case I would have had 3.60.
    This is kind of an incredibly late reply (apologies for that), but the option "Restore the Ps Vita System" should restore it to factory defaults, however, i have read on the ps tv support page that this does not restore the system software, now i am uncertain wether or not that is since a more recent firmware version, or if this has always been the case, my bad :/

As far as i know there is no other way to downgrade (the update does a version check before updating, if(version < currentversion) -> no go it's probably possible to hexedit the version number of an older update file to make the vita tv think it is a newer version and install it anyway, but that's more advanced and may not be worth the effort (as there might also be other checks)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Wipeout 2048 is now playable on PSTV again with the latest firmware 3.60!!! So, not only can I play it on my big screen, I can also access global leaderboards. This is how it works:
    https://henkaku.xyz/
    It is a homebrew enabler and after you have started an FTP session you can transfer your own list_launch_vita.dat to your PSTV. You also need to install FileZilla on your PC. Very simple. The only drawback is that you need to install the homebrew enabler every time you start your PSTV.
    Here is a guide:
    http://wololo.net/2016/07/29/re-enab...-vita-henkaku/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Whoaaa!!!!
    Does this mean i would be able to update my vita tv to 3.60, then get the proper whitelist and then just disconnect from the internet again and be cool? (I don't need online access if it means reinstalling an application anew and anew)

I'm tempted, but also scared to try this

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Yes, you should be fine. There is also a file available that makes reinstalling very simple. Filezilla only needs to be used the first time to transfer files. After that only internet access is required to reinstall the homebrew enabler. You need to do this fairly soon. Last time Sony released new firmware after just a few days.

UPDATE:
    I've been playing around a little more with this new hack. The list still gets reset automatically. I've tried blocking URL:s in my router but the PSTV might get around that. We'll see. The whitelist can be altered back again with one click so not a big issue. I also discovered that the PSTV started to hang and I lost internet connection. Switching to a wired connection solved that problem. Could be a problem with my router of course.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 2nd August 2016 at 11:44 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Yeah i know, Sony burned my bum last time, vita tv had arrived just as they rolled out the new update >.>
    Will give it a go, thanks for lettings us know!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

The hack is working brilliant for me at the moment. URL blocking in the router is working perfectly so the list no longer gets reset. All I have installed on my PSTV is the Molecular Shell bubble and the whitelister bubble. I'm playing 2048 with global leaderboards working. The only strange thing with this hack for me is that I had to switch to a wired connection. Otherwise I got freezes and crashes and lost connection. Very strange.

I guess we will see a 3.61 within a few days now. Or perhaps Sony don't care any longer? In that case I wish for a hack to get around the camera crash in online lobby...

UPDATE:
    I'm gonna buy a dualshock 4 today just to celebrate.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 3rd August 2016 at 01:00 PM.