Thread: Wipeout 2097/XL slow down

Default Wipeout 2097/XL slow down

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/

go here and download powerstrip, then in powerstrip make a performance profile, set the speed of your graphics card and memory to the slowest possible, then save it as a profile don't apply the settings otherwise everything will run slow'er, make an application profile for wipeout using powerstrip, and set it to that performance profile, using this i played wipeout using my g450 (which isn't fast anyway so i'm not sure if this will help anyone else) which normally runs at 114mhz down to 97mhz which made wipeout run at around 35fps, which made it very playable, seemingly the right speed too..before hand it was unplayable frame rate was much higher and the whole race was over in like 15 seconds

i haven't tried any cpu limiter software type thing, as i thought if hte video cards doing all the work and it was designed to run on p166 with mmx (oooo....aaaahh...) that slowing my comptuer down even 75% will still make it to fast to run..anyways hopes this helps someone else i forgot how good this game looked, in my opinion the pc version could of easily been the best if they had added more to the game, i think graphically its the best, apart from the ships shadow, but i'm more impressed with whatthey did considering how old it is.

Didn't entirely help, but it encouraged me to try and get the game working again. Using a rather poor slowdown program called "CpuKiller" I can make the game run at a decent frame rate most of the time and at the right speed. There are a lot of sound glitches when I use it though, and the slowdown only lasts for 20 minutes at a time.

I discovered that when you turn vsync on and run the game at 60hz (effectively capping the FPS at 60), it is about double-speed which is still un-playable but getting there.

Anyways, thanks for mentioning that one, PowerStrip is such an amazing tool!

Loz

yea it worked for me because my video card isn't that powerful i think..although on the faster tracks it was still too fast, i used a program called turbo which seemed to let me get a constant 28-33fps

glad to see someone reading my posts!

also you could try forcing full screen antialising in powerstrip (i think it lets you do that) but i'm sure that won't slow it down, dam old games

Quote Originally Posted by The Loz
    Didn't entirely help, but it encouraged me to try and get the game working again. Using a rather poor slowdown program called "CpuKiller" I can make the game run at a decent frame rate most of the time and at the right speed. There are a lot of sound glitches when I use it though, and the slowdown only lasts for 20 minutes at a time.

I discovered that when you turn vsync on and run the game at 60hz (effectively capping the FPS at 60), it is about double-speed which is still un-playable but getting there.

Anyways, thanks for mentioning that one, PowerStrip is such an amazing tool!

Loz
    i get wo2097 really smooth with 33hz and vsync ON !!!

the trick: dualmonitorsuport on ti4200....
    1. you need 2 monitors
    2. under nview klick on "clone"
    3. with powerstrip select 33hz for the primary monitor (this monitor goes off)
    4. on the secondary monitor the refreshrate is 75-100Hz but you get only 33FPS in wipeout !!!!! type FRAMERATE in WO and you will see.

:wink:

maybe this is the solution for those dont have 2 monitors
    http://tvtool.info/german/dummy_d.htm
    in english http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm
    you need this for the primary screen