Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

Identification/Statistics

Name: Rachel Vega

SEX: Female

Birth: February 26th, 2190

Birthplace: Central Valley (California/USA)

Appearance: Rachel Vega (Remastered).jpg

Zodiac: Pisces

Age (Currently in 2217): 27

Nationality: American

Origin: United States

Race: Caucasian (Hispanic)

Language(s): English / some Spanish

Religion: Catholic

Height: 5'10"

Hair Color: Brown (Sometimes dyed red)

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Occupation (Before AG-Pilot): Farmer / Anti-Gravity Queen

FX400 IDF: VEGA0226.2190

Team: Auricom

Position: Secondary Pilot

Pilot Rank: Elite

Region Reputation: United States

Squad Teammates: Tyrrell Byron / Soo Min-Hye

Team Loyalty: High

Allies: Mariana Sinclair (FEISAR) / Noelani Kekumu (Goteki 45) / Certain AG-Systems pilots

Rivals: Afina Rusakova (Qirex)

Medals: Gold: x6, Silver: x4, Bronze: x5

Sponsors: aimi, Era Trek, +01, ICOM, Belmondo Foundation

Favorite Events: Time Trial

Favorite Track: Tech Da Ra

Leagues Competed: FX400 to FX500

Character traits: Responsible, Bubbly, Cute, Tolerant, Friendly, Confident

Skill

Awareness: 7/10

Aggression: 5/10

Reaction/Reflexes: 7/10

Consistency: 7/10

During the fallout of the F9000 on October 2170, the global market ran into a corrupting halt. A mass global economic depression had streamed all over the world as every government tried to regain money, challenging the world's population. A recession breaks out as people began to lose jobs, homes, businesses, and agricultural supplies. Inside of modern day cities, farmlands were now in hydroponic facilities as well as stacked towers with each floor growing different crops or vegetables. Unfortunately, they were hit with agricultural recession. Shortages of crops and profit were spread on farm towers and biofarms during the 2170's. This caused low incomes and high taxes to farmers that quickly lead them to debt and losing their businesses. However, there was one family in the United States that still had a good income, and still owned a traditional farm, but was almost on the brink of bankruptcy.

Meet the Vega Family, living out in the central valley of California USA. The family has lived in the valley ever since the 19th century, and has own a large amount of land during the many years away from the modern world. Surviving the great depression in the 1930's they were now hit again 250 years later. During the 2170's the Vega's were a large target to the world economy, and most of their land was drained because of it. It was pure luck that their land wasn't drained completely however, but unfortunately they had lost almost 90% percent of property from selling it. When it ended in 2179, they had very little land covered, and would only take a miracle just to buy back all their property and grow everything again. By the 2180's they slowly grew more, but still it would take a lot of effort, and they refused modern farming in a big city. However the Vega's were a large family up until the late 2180's where they began to have children around the property. The first born in 2187 was a boy named Andy Vega. 3 years later in 2190, a baby girl was them named Rachel Vega, second born in the family. Finally, a couple years after that, yet another baby sister would become part of the family (Lacy Vega). Out of the three children, only one had the more energetic personality. Hard working yet still kept a positive attitude, she was deemed the more disciplined and favorite child to the whole family, and that was Rachel Vega.

Rachel was specifically born on February 26, 2190 and was the more hyper child in the family. When she was raised with the family during the 2190's they were completely unaware or just ignored what's happening around them which was the opening of the FX300 Racing League in Makana, many miles away in the pacific. Because of the loss of their crops, the children were put to work at a young age. Rachel was worked non-stop when she turned 10 in 2202 as she became the full-time labor girl in the family and was committed to do the job. Having discipline, she would not make shortcuts during her work labor nor complain, unlike her younger sister including her older brother. Even when they started turning down on their jobs, Rachel was always there to boost them up with her positive personality, sometimes giving them a smile and the motivation to finish up for the day. Still, even she would have her tiring moments; not even her own motivations could keep her going at times. It didn't help much that the family was kind of living in the past. They didn't use much technology and were against anything that was Anti-Gravity due to its caused of the depression. As such, the children did not know such a thing existed.

As Rachel got older, now going into her teens, her thoughts started to change. She was always very curious of what was outside of her home, going out in the fields by herself at dawn just to think. As a hard-working girl, she didn't had time to be with friends in the area, other than her family and siblings. She wanted to explore away from her home just to meet new people and to be involved with something that would amuse her other than just work. At some time in 2208 however, something would catch her eye on the current animated newspaper that her father just threw away. Looking at it, she spots something amazing; on the headline showed an animated picture of Anti-Gravity racing and Anti-Gravity Queen performing. Rachel had never seen anything like it before, almost thinking she had been living under a rock all her life. The technology amazed her, but what really caught her eye were the AG-Queen performances that remind her of cheerleading at her local highschool. She thought it was something that she could get into, requiring her to travel to the home nation of AG-Racing. Immediately she told her parents in an excited tone about the article. "Mom, Dad, I want to go to this thing at this city! Please can I go?" Her parents looked at her like she was crazy, even her father wondered where she found the newspaper in the first place. They disagreed on Rachel's suggestion, thinking it was too expensive, and even dangerous to be a pilot for this event. Even it was just for being an AG-Queen, her parents still said no, instead her father told her to do more work outside, saying he'll think about it later, excusing for saying no. Rachel got upset for once, forgetting about what she saw and threw the paper in the trash again to continue working out in the field. As her parents looked back however, they actually started to feel bad for her, even seeing her really upset for the first time. Doing so much hard work on the property and not complaining about it, they thought she deserved something rewarding in return like what she showed to them. Meanwhile, Rachel realized how poor her family was. Since the depression, almost all of their money/land was taken away from them. To make matters worse, they were now in a lot of debt. They don't even have enough to take care of themselves anymore as Rachel wanted to find a solution fast, before something very bad could happen to her family and farm.

Rachel seemed to have found something that will help her and her family for the time, but some risks had to be made. In a shed just outside of Rachel's house, there was a century year old tractor, still in great shape and would be very valuable by its age and good performance. Unfortunately, the family almost seemed to have a history with it, keeping it for generations and it was the only working tractor on their farm. If they were to sell their machine as a collector's item, they would have supplies for quite a while and pay for the large debt, but mostly for Rachel to travel across the ocean to receive an admission of becoming an AG-Queen. She promised that if she could somehow earn a career in the Racing committee, she could help her family save their land, and to pay back what was left of selling their only tractor, only to replace it. Without it, they won't be able to grow anything and will lose their farmland either way; she was almost on a mission. Rachel's father sells the tractor at an auction days after but was not too happy about selling a family relic, yet he trusted his daughter and hoped she'll find a new one. The tractor sold for a great price than expected, enough for food and other things for the family for a few years and to pay for the massive debt, including Rachel to leave out of the country on her own. The family may have had a lot of money for now, but the farm was still at stake. A hover bus would come all the way to transport her to an airport miles outside the ruins of Los Angeles, strucked by a great earthquake in the 2030s (Unofficial date) and was once home of an F5000 AG-track, Spilskinanke.

Rachel boards on a Blimp Transportations Airship when she came to the west coast. While aboard traveling to the Makana Islands, Rachel got very amused on what was on the ship even before coming to a big city. However, she didn't want to spend too much money for entertainment on the ship and saved it once she got there. In 12 hours, she finally landed on one of the island's cities, Vineta A (Modesto Heights). Rachel was stunned, being surrounded by a modern urban environment for the very first time. Though now in a public area, she stuck out like a sore thumb, soon paying a visit to a 2ND SKIN clothing store and blended herself in with the city. Her second destination was at the Anti-Gravity Museum, taking a flying cab to the facility. While entering the facility, Rachel was surrounded by the sport's history with certain race craft and technology, capturing her interest. She waited in line to the front desk; while it was her turn she finally fills out her admission to become an AG-Queen. She was accepted, and right away was given an outfit of her chosen team "Auricom Research Industries".

After receiving her outfit, and being distracted, she accidently bumps into another signed in AG-Queen. Rachel quickly apologizes, but after seeing who it was, she easily recognized her as Mariana Sinclair, first seeing her on the newspaper back home. Rachel greeted herself to her while Mariana did the same. Mariana knew she wasn't from around her home island and was foreign, much like her old friend, Sofia Rossetti from AG-Systems. At the time, Mariana seemed to want another best friend after Sofia left being an AG-Queen. She welcomed Rachel to the island, showing her around the museum of every history from the dawn of the sport, to the fall of the F9000, showing the real reason why Rachel's family had lost most of their property during the 2170's.

While continuing to talk to each other, they soon got to know each other, knowing they were from two different worlds. Rachel soon knew that Mariana was very wealthy and how she founded the trend and fashion of the AG-Queen. She realized why she was also here in Makana, to help pay back for her family's debts, however she didn't want to tell Mariana to lend money to her and stuck with her responsibilities to not take shortcuts and earn it herself. To Mariana, Rachel had a sense of humor to her, telling certain jokes as well as showing her energetic personality. Overall, Mariana started to like her, even telling her own interests to her and vice versa. The relationship continued on between the two, and when it came to the re-opening season of the FX350/400 in Las Vegas, Nevada, (The Amphisium) they soon became best friends. They became the next AG-Queen duo of 2209 to 2210, much like Mariana and Sofia from 2207 to 2208, performing duets during race events of the current year. For Rachel she became more noticed while hanging out with Mariana. She was taught by her on certain dance moves and was trained to be a Superstar AG-Queen. Rachel's appearance also changed using her long hair to create long pigtails under her ears and actually loved the new hairstyle, fitting her cheerful personality. What she didn't know was that she almost looks like a familiar icon. To the team Auricom, she was the best they ever had; she had dedication to the team and kept it, continuing in 2209. When the AG-Queen leaderboard was introduced in 2208, Rachel was part of the top ten on the Island, and was ranked #1 favorite in the U.S. She was given a lot of sponsors as an AG-Queen, and grabbed lots of attention from AG-Fans, becoming the most adored/lovable AG-Queen in the industry.

Rachel's life had started to change; getting use to living in an urban environment and away from the farm life she once had, she was turning into a city girl herself. Rightfully so, she had almost forgot about her family, and still needed to earn money for them. However, she seemed to have earned not as much of what she had expected and still needed around $900,000 more to replace the family's old tractor. During the closing season of the AGRL, Rachel went back home to North America, but was still very short on paying her family back. While entering the family's property, her parents and siblings were very happy to see her. They've been also hearing about Rachel's first year as an AG-Queen all this time, and surprisingly were earning a decent amount of income as well.

Coming inside her house, she noticed a modern 16K clear screen T.V. in the living room which surprised her even more coming from her family, always using an old 21st century HD flat screen. Suddenly she heard a strange noise outside and saw a working engineering machine out in the fields. They were two Deuterium powered A.I. Machines created by the company of Aicom Industries (aimi) which was a sponsor given to her. She had been eyeing the machine when the sponsor was given to her, but was extremely expensive than what she was earning. Now all of a sudden there were now two of them working on her family's farm, working much faster than the old tractor and were operated by themselves. This confused Rachel even more, until she realized why she was probably earning so little. Half of it went to her family, signing the sponsor during her past year. While filling in her application back at the AG-Museum, some information also included her home address, and for optional, being able to write a summary of where she came from as she wrote down her personal struggle. When she was sponsored by Aicom, and for all the fame she progressed in her first year, the company read her summary, and was happy to give away their most advanced machines to the struggling family. In some sense she started to thank Mariana for giving her attention, making a jumpstart as a Star AG-Queen and was only the beginning of it. If she haven't bumped into her back at the Museum, this stuff wouldn't have came much sooner. Overall, she was glad that the problems had mostly gone away but was happy just to be back home from a long tour.

About a month later, Rachel says goodbye to her family once again going back to Makana for the next season. As the season opened again, newer young AG-Queens began to show up, one of which was Loraine Johnson from Great Britain. During the final months of 2210, Rachel noticed Mariana being more stubborn and resentful to the other Queens. After Mariana met Loraine on her team, FEISAR, she had been having issues and conflicts with Loraine that her only focus was to be better than her in every way. Rachel couldn't recognize her best friend anymore. She tried to convince Mariana about the AG-Queen leaderboard when Mariana's #1 rank was knocked off by Loraine in 2211, that it was just one drop from her rank and to just be proud of Loraine's achievement. But Mariana couldn't agree, walking away from her as they both saw the updated leaderboard the day before. Rachel had no Idea what she did after.

During an argument between Rachel and Mariana, few days after Mariana's argument with Loraine and forcing her to leave, Mariana tried to reason out Rachel with her spoiled arrogance. But Rachel became serious, putting her bubbly traits aside while talking to her.

Mariana: "I've been on top since before you became an AG-Queen. I brought the sport back on its feet which makes me the better Queen than everyone."
    Rachel responded: "Even me? Do you realize what you’re saying right now?"
    Mariana answers: "You? You're my best friend, Rachel, I helped you became an AG-Queen, right?"
    Rachel: "I don't see why not helping your teammate makes it different. Why are you making a big fuss about her becoming more famous than you?"
    Mariana: "Because I have more talent than her, I'm a better pilot than her, I deserve the most attention."
    Rachel responded: "So you're jealous of her then."
    Mariana was shocked to hear that word: "I'm not jealous, what makes you think I'm Jealous?"
    Rachel: "Why wouldn't you be? You've been acting strange since she came along, you've ignored me most of the time, and now you forced her to leave your team since she had an excellent skill on your race team and is probably just as good as you performing. New people will come by all the time but nobody will forget about you.”
    Mariana: “I don’t want people to forget about me.”
    Rachel: “Then share it with her like you do with me.”
    Mariana: “Please. I will never work with that skank.”
    Rachel: “How come? What’s the difference between me, your old best friend, (Sofia) over her? Now I don’t know if she was ever mean to you, but I highly doubt that.”
    Mariana: “She’s mediocre, she’s overrated, alright. You’re not like that, neither was Sofia.”
    Rachel: “Is it because we never surpassed you on the Queen leaderboard?”
    Mariana: “What?”
    Rachel: “I’m only suggesting it, cause I’ve never seen you act like this before. How would you feel if I became the #1 AG-Queen worldwide right now? Would you be calling me overrated or a ‘skank’ also?”
    Mariana: “Don’t be ridiculous, I would never say that about you.”
    Rachel: “Then you wouldn’t care if this other AG-Queen passed you then. You said you’re better than everyone? That kind of worries me. If you’re my best friend and I pass you up, you would support me for it, anyone who does. It’s us as AG-Queen’s to entertain everyone, we support each other, you said so yourself. Otherwise I’m gonna believe that you were being hypocritical after what I heard from you. (Mariana looks down turning her head away) So what’s more important for the AG-Industry then? Yourself or everyone involved?”
    Mariana silently answers: “…Me.”
    Rachel: “What was that?"
    Mariana: “I’m more important.”
    Rachel was surprised: “..Really? Not even for me, your popularity is more important? Than her (Loraine), anyone? Are you that self-centered?”
    Mariana: "...Rachel I'm Sorry, that’s not what I..."
    Rachel interrupted: "No, don't say sorry to me, say sorry to your teammate first. She’s gone because you had to be selfish. If this is how you really are, then I shouldn’t be your friend anymore. Obviously I’m not important to you. Just.. don't even talk to me right now."
    Mariana whispers to herself as Rachel turned and left: "I already did."

Rachel walked away from Mariana as she looked back feeling guilty, even thinking about the horrible thing she did to Loraine weeks ago. However, Mariana still couldn't stand her. Even now, Mariana was piloting an AG-race craft at age 17, racing in the junior division at a very slow speed class and pilot assist. She still thought she was a more experience pilot because of her father, Marcus Sinclair, and for everything else she just got spoiled by.

While months had past, and Loraine quitting out of FEISAR to join with Harimau, Rachel was still best friends and allied to Mariana, trying to forgive her. Unfortunately, Mariana still had a grudge towards Loraine and still focused on going after her, ignoring Rachel overall. In late 2211, Rachel was 21yrs old, she was already having an interest of becoming an AG-Pilot for Auricom for some time and thought she could bring more loyalty for her team to volunteer in the professional Racing League. Unfortunately for her parents, they didn't want her to compete in the AGRL for her own safety. AG-Racing was a dangerous sport, adding to it with the use of weapons. Rachel tried to talk it out with her parents; for all her family knew, she would become the very first in the family to ever race in the AG-Racing league as Rachel wanted to expand herself to a racing career. Her parents didn't want to keep her from doing what she wanted to do, so they let her compete in the current FX400 league, filling anxious about what will happen to their loving daughter. All Rachel could say to them was: "I'll be okay. Nothing bad will happen to me. I'll be safe."

Like every newcomer pilot, Rachel started her training at the Auricom Academy, testing her piloting skills near the Belmondo Test Site in the Tule Desert of Nevada. She was accepted and went through basic training on the team's ACM-8K model craft. While only racing with other Auricom pilots in the facility and the Amphiseum for local amateur tournaments, Rachel started out on Venom class and slowly raised her skills on her own by the end of the season. She continued to take part around the Auricom facility, eventually meeting someone that would help her to reach professional level before the next season. Coming from the U.S. as well, Tyrrell Byron was one of Auricom's best pilots and current ASC contender. If there's anyone that could fully train a beginner pilot for the professional league, it was up to him to show them the ropes. Rachel would show her enthusiasm to her future lead pilot, winning him over with her bubbly charms, forming a brother/sister-like relationship by the starting 2212 season. Tyrrell would gladly choose her for secondary, followed by Korean pilot, Soo Min-Hye as backup. Rachel's debut in the league would also surprise most of her AG-Queen fans, becoming yet another performer to race on behalf of her team and expanding her reputation.

Rachel's first season goes off on a good start, flying back to Makana where her race career officially started. While her skills were still shaky by Auricom's standards, her confidence however was highly respected. So much so she would get the attention of another highly respected pilot from the home team. Goteki 45 pilot, Noelani Kekumu was an expert on the sport's history, as well as studying AG-pilots from the past/present of their techniques in racing to teach to new pilots trying to get into professional racing. She admired Rachel's determination against harsher pilots in races looking from the sidelines, only to meet with her back at a hanger bay in Vineta K. She knew Rachel had the confidence, but saw her struggling at the same time. Seeing she was a newcomer with decent skills already, Noelani offered her an invite for private sessions at the Makanian AG-Academy, being an instructor there on closed seasons only to sometimes offer lessons to new pilots around the island. Rachel would agree on free times during the season to come to the facility, able to bring her craft for use with Noelani's Krakatau racecraft on the facility's test track despite Auricom still having distrust of the team at the time. There were only a number of times in the season when the two could meet for private lessons. Overtime the two would grow a teacher/student relationship; Noelani always enjoyed her company becoming her most favorite student outside of Goteki 45. Rachel would slowly get better in events using the techniques given to her until reaching sub professional rank in the league as well as a first pilot sponsor. For the first time on her first season she would also earn a gold medal by herself at a Head Rush series event east of Makana. With an accomplishment like this it was clear she would continue this as a full-time career. However, AG-Queen performing was still a thing she enjoyed, coming back part time only to please her fan base and enjoying herself overall. Still, moving on to racing and a different season meant coming across highly skilled pilots that competed for number of years. Sure enough, one pilot would pose an intimidating match during her course of the 2214 season, and with no surprise it was a pilot from Qirex-RD.

During a qualifier in Sinucit, Vineta A, Rachel came across a harassing Qirex pilot in a white craft going around the track. Not knowing who he/she was, the pilot manages to push her for a race. Unfortunately, the Qirex pilot was on a Rapier speed class while Rachel was on flash. However, she wanted to race the pilot anyway, only to get knocked out around a corner frustratingly trying to make a pass but making a mistake. As the pilot zoomed off, Rachel wanted to know who it was that ruined her run and finds the pilot back at the hanger. The pilot would reveal herself as a female, having a striking alluring beauty taking off her helmet. A former AG-Queen, she was Russian Qirex pilot, Afina Rusakova. Backed up by two other male pilots, Afina approached Rachel, being upset over their encounter on the track. Afina would bully her and talk trash about her team, only to back her off using her group. Despite her 5'3" short height, Rachel was intimidated by her, being sent back to her team's side of the hanger and forgets about going up to the Qirex pilot. She never saw Afina again up until the end of the season. Competing for a tournament months later it was revealed that she was put up with that pilot once again. Looking at her history with Tyrrell, she was a very skilled and sub elite pilot with a lot of top 3 placed finishes. Remembering how she raced her back at Sinucit, Afina was an unpredictable pilot, even witnessing her races on projected videos did she saw her race tactics/maneuvers in weapon enabled events. Rachel actually felt scared to race her, breaking confidence and that Afina may possibly remember her, only to become a target especially from Qirex. The pilot never lost a race to Auricom, but Tyrrell thought Rachel could handle her, at least survive the tournament with her making the top 3. Rachel didn't want to back down and decided to keep her entrance. If he thought she could take her based on her experience so far, Rachel would believe it, doing it for him and the team in general. She starts her first round a few days later at Anulpha Pass, Vineta A.

It was a 5 race Delta Tournament taking place mostly at the Vineta A Entertainment Arena, starting from Anulpha and other 3 tracks in the arena, while ending outside at Modesto Heights. Rachel was anxious but still kept her confidence she had throughout her racing career. While positioned at the starting line with other competing pilots, she saw the white Qirex LS model craft again in front of her. Meanwhile Afina notices Rachel positioned behind her but didn't seem to care, only to underestimate her and thought she could beat her again at the same speed class. She was the most favored in this tournament and expected to win, but Rachel was seeking for an upset knowing her fans were watching. Tyrrell would watch her on screen back at the team hanger, hoping she could at least stay in the race without elimination by her new rival. Eventually an AG-Queen walks out on the track to start the race, ironically starting for two others on the grid. The wands and banner signal the pilots to go and the race was finally on, going around 10 laps.

Throughout the first few laps, Rachel kept her position trailing Afina on third. Right away with weapons enabled, the Qirex pilot hunts for the 2 pilots up front. Rachel would witness the pilots get knocked around by her and get pushed back almost colliding with Rachel by swerving out of the way. She kept her pace while using turbo pickups to catch up including using some weapons, only to be outsmarted with shields or split maneuvers. Afina played with her up until the final lap as Rachel catches up almost neck and neck. With no useful weapons to slow her down she stayed close with Afina yet scared of what she'll pull off. As they reach the Greenline Split, Rachel manages to stay right and takes the skillcut across, forcing Afina to take downward. She thought she easily would win the first event taking the speed pads across and back down on the main track ahead of Afina, only that was her trick. Managing to keep pace, Afina slightly had a lead up front but had kept something at hand. Knowing exactly where Rachel will land she plants one single bomb right as the Auricom pilot landed, dazing and slowing her down as Afina speeded through the finish taking 1st. Unable to speed up sliding near the track wall, few other pilots managed to speed pass Rachel, bringing her down to 4th position on the first race. Afina outsmarted her adding insult to injury with a well-placed mine and pushing her back a few positions. She proved her unpredictability on the first race showing the Auricom pilot who not to mess with in the next 4 races. With that shown, Rachel must keep her attention up, being told by Tyrrell back at a hotel room in the arena. She knew that she couldn't give up on the next race over that move. She needed to be more tactical on her pickups and study the Qirex pilot's moves on the replay. If she wanted to beat Afina, she needed to predict her moves if not race like her by counteracting, given a day and a half before the next race.

Like so, contenders had time for practice runs on the next track before given a few hours to line up on the start. Since weapons were enabled, pilots would use holograms or drones to practice combat tactics setting difficulties on each drone from passive to aggressive or smart to dumb AI. Rachel took advantaged using one drone on the track, setting it to Afina's difficulty or at least close to it. While drones weren't accurate at most, Auricom would witness Qirex's practice runs to study their tactics overall, yet that didn't mean the team wouldn't do the same thing to them. At some point the pilots would bring their craft back to the hanger bay to prepare for the next race taking place on the Iridia AG-track. Throughout the second race, Rachel would get lucky with Afina getting knocked behind her by the other teams but only placing 3rd. Third race (Koltiwa), Afina would fight back against her opponents taking 1st once again while Rachel still manages to keep up and outsmarting some of her tactics taking 2nd. Both stay on the top 3 on the leader board so far, moving on to the fourth race (Khara Descent). By now, Rachel seemed to have gotten Afina's tactics down based upon practice runs and spectating. Tyrrell would be the one to point them out for her as well as her to remember what Noelani taught her back at the academy test track. She was getting better by the day but only enough to balance her skills of her arch rival. During the fourth race, Afina would almost struggle to react with the Auricom pilot. Rachel took advantage of the track splits to pull off some barrel-rolls and or courageously activate a turbo, keeping her speed up. Afina would make the mistake to underestimate her as Rachel kept a good lead of the race, taking 1st for once. By now the gloves were off from both of them. They would give all their best on the final race of the tournament taking place at Modesto Heist, the most technical track so far.

Rachel and Afina would become the highlight of the final race in the tournament. Modesto Heights was challenging, even for the best pilots of the league leaving only the most determined pilot to make it through. Once again each pilot got a practice run on the track until the race started in the late afternoon. Rachel had raced on this track a number of times before as well as Afina. Auricom had a slight lead on the leaderboard while Qirex trailed a few points behind, able to steal gold if Afina takes 1st on this last race. On the start of go, the pilots zoom out on the final ten laps. Auricom and Qirex kept a lead pushing back the other teams leaving it with a head to head duel between the two leading the rest. Both Rachel and Afina battle it out up front firing and reflecting every weapon activated going through every pad. Through every lap they manage to hit one another while still keeping up, passing each other and vice versa. Both teams were not giving up or making a slight mistake. It was the final lap at this point with Afina leading Rachel by a few meters. It was anyone's race at this point.

While pulling off so many barrel-rolls they were almost close to getting their craft destroyed by a single weapon shot. Not thinking about absorbing a pickup, Afina was desperate to eliminate Rachel from the race trying to pick up a defensive weapon. Going down Adams' Dive through the Aicom plant, Afina lays a set of mines through the hairpin turn while Rachel used her equipped shield kept from the last lap while also picking up a missile, firing it without a lock on. The missile bounces off the corners and hits Afina, slowing her down and with critical shield energy. Rachel catches up with her heading through the Scleradome Research Hub exit tunnel. Afina was sweating at this point with the alarm blaring on her cockpit, scattering for speed pads and finding another useful weapon pickup. As for Rachel she went pass another pad acquiring a plasma bolt which was a one-shot elimination. Unfortunately she couldn't get a straight shot going round the Lucas Skyway. At this point, Afina acquired a bomb, waiting to lay it heading up the Sigam Span jump. With no time to lose just meters away from the finish, Rachel charges her weapon going up the jump, only to see a bomb coming up her flight path. Thinking fast she made a tight yaw turn just barely setting off the proximity of the bomb while still charging her plasma. On a spit second she pitches her craft down firing her plasma on the track as it quickly floats down the track. Afina was about to make a final turn to the finish when all of sudden she saw a purple glow coming towards her and explodes in a ball of glowing light. Her EPR eject automatically teleports her instantly out of danger while her ship gets obliterated on the track. Rachel avoids the wreckage and heads straight for a roaring finish. She wins another gold for the 2214 Delta tournament, making a victory lap around the track for the cheering fans.

Back in the hanger bay, Auricom crews gather together for Rachel climbing out of the cockpit to celebrate her win. Tyrrell was in the crowd as she moves out of the way to give him a celebrating hug, getting lifted up. While the real reward was yet to come, Rachel heads to the podium standing on the middle column along with a Goteki and an Icaras pilot, waiting for their medals. During it all, Afina was nowhere in sight though was safely back in the hanger bay along with her destroyed craft. She would have a grudge on Rachel for the coming years, but not just for losing the race from her. Rachel was the first ever pilot to eliminate Afina in her entire race career as well as fighting her back. It was not just a win for her but a win for Auricom. Afina was one of Qirex's best pilots with Auricom unable to beat her in any events through her years competing. Eliminating her from an event however only made it sweeter for the team. Because of this, Rachel was promoted to a higher professional rank. Her skills were able to counter a Qirex pilot overall and was what the team needed, knowing she had full confidence and determination to stand up to an unbeatable contender for the first time. Throughout the rest of the final seasons of the FX400 league, Rachel would set a goal for herself to become an elite pilot in regards of Auricom Reaserch.

As a result now test piloting the company's new model craft, the ACM-9K0, Rachel was now competing in more Rapier and phantom class tournaments, racing with her chosen elite pilots including her teammate, Tyrrell Byron in the FX500 season of 2215. Continuing to follow Noelani's race techniques, Rachel was breaking speed records during the course of the U.S. Tournament in the current season. She would hold the fastest speed lap record on the track of Tech Da Ra in Arizona, beating her own team pilot's record lap time, Tara Shannon, by less than a second. It was a lucky lap time that no other pilot or even she could possibly break again. Tara herself would also congratulate her on the lap record, knowing the new craft and the pilot was able to surpass it at some point in time, still held by Auricom overall.

Rachel Vega who was once a central valley farm girl turned into a star AG-Queen, has now turned into an Elite AG-pilot of Auricom. While she wasn't the only pilot that started out as a performer, she was most recognized and loved from most AG-Queen and race fans. With so much attention for her physical appearance however, this was probably because she bared somewhat a resemblance to AG-Legend/Icon, Arial Tetsuo, from the F3600 era. She was considered America's Arial T. from her young fans as another cute pigtailed elite Auricom pilot for the current generation. She accepted the legacy despite not being Japanese or has her pigtails above her ears, yet her fans wanted to give her the title anyway. Overall in 2217, Rachel continues to succeed along with her teammate, Tyrrell, in the current FX500 league. She has earned less than 15 medals and counting (6G/4S/5B) and was the people's pilot for obvious reasons. However with all this popularity she was a big target from Qirex-RD, especially during a time of war between the two teams and their allies. Afina was still her arch rival from the team overall, getting into more events along with her by getting herself and Tyrrell involved in the AG-Race war. While she does gain new allies from other teams, she'll unfortunately lose one of her old ones. FEISAR Pilot, Mariana Sinclair would stop becoming not just an ally but also a best friend to her since 2216, making it permanent after Mariana's AG-Queen/pilot scandal with AG-Queen pilots, Loraine Johnson of Harimau, and Sofia Rossetti of AG-Sys. The 3 would oppose her in future races due to her narcissism, but overall respected and admire their talents on the track or on stage. Rachel will continue to please fans throughout the racing league. As for her family, they were back home growing everything again and making large profits. If she hadn't found that paper in the trash, her family wouldn't even have their farm till this day. They were still very proud and thank her whenever she came back home after some seasons, even her siblings will continue to look up to her.
    Last edited by Synergy2048; 17th December 2018 at 04:20 AM.