Thread: One year on

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Default One year on

Hi everyone

Today marks one year since the closure of Studio Liverpool. To many, this also signalled the end of the Wipeout series, and they may well be right. But one thing that it did not bring to an end was the community. Tournaments such as Rebirth and Omnium were still able to draw a good following, Equilibrium will hopefully have just as big an impact over the Christmas period, and Ozone has also been a regular opportunity for us to come togther. As such, I am proposing that tonight from 6pm BST, all of us who are able to spare some time to do so should go online on HD Fury and pack out the servers. Get as many games going as we can, make it just like old times. There's plenty of new players still out there, let's get them on board too. If you're unable to join us, then bung an old classic into your Playstations and run some races and TTs. If Sony aren't willing to keep Wipeout going, then let's do it ourselves.

I'm also hoping to organise a more structured mini-tournament in the next week or so to mark the occasion, so keep an eye open

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

i'll be there ;-)
    in fact i'll be flying right now, so see you then!

on a side note, anyone knows why liverpool got closed and wants to send me a PM, google gives rather vague answers...

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 22nd August 2013 at 01:40 PM.

I'd love to be around, its a shame Studio Liverpool cant be around with us anymore, but their legacy will live on, i've even bought copies of Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 3 SE!
    I'll be piloting for a while too~

PSN ID
    Sonu95_

Can't wait!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

well i just noticed i have no food left in the house….
    So i'll be back afterwards (might b a bit late, will see)

See you soon

Cipher

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I will 100% be online for a little while tonight. Maybe not at bang on 6 because I have to re-orange my hair and finish packing for Creamfields!!! I'll be on asap ^_^ Look forward to racing ^_^

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Reporting for duty! Just gotta get me some beans on toast, with masses of grated cheese to fuel me up, then barrel roll barrel roll barrel roll energy critical.

But yeah I'll be on soon.

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

I'd love to have joined in but I gotta concentrate on having my teeth mucked with and studying for tests :>

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Super gutted I didnt get on for this I honestly thought I'd have been packed and ready in time to have a few races but no >.< My packing skills are bad lol. Would be awesome if we could have a wee gathering and a few races soon.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

i don't understand how woman can take that long to pack lol (unless i didn't get it right and you're moving), i mean, just grab the clothes from the closet and throw them in the suitcase. Et voilĂ* you're done

But i guess we can do this again, today quite a few folks were on again (full lobby), it's just a matter of timing i guess

Cipher

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    i don't understand how woman can take that long to pack lol
    Cheeky bugger Left everything to the last minute cause Im captain disorganised, and packing for a 3 day gig event was more complicated than I thought. But back on topic, we need another online gathering. I do love racing with you lot ^_^ That reminds me, anyone know whats happening with OZone?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Adam's planning another one for September

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Fabby ^_^ Looking forward to it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

oh yes please, I need another Ozone!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah I wanted to race last week too but last minute prep for Creamfields just took over and became all night and into the next morning prep lol.

More Ozone sounds good, usually work stops me competing but I like to catch em where I can