Thread: Considering buying a VITA.. can I get all content packs for Pure/Pulse and play them on the VITA?

PSN ID
    havoc33_

Default Considering buying a VITA.. can I get all content packs for Pure/Pulse and play them on the VITA?

Hi guys,

dying to play WipEout 2048, so I'm considering buying myself a Sony VITA. Could someone please confirm to me whether or not I can get all content packs for Pure/Pulse and play it on the VITA?

If this is still possible, then I would feel more comfortable with shelling out the cash for it, as the WipEout games are really the only ones interesting to me at the moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

hey, yes you can get all addon packs for PURE/PULSE if you have a PS3 too. the MIRAGE pack (pulse) is only available via PSN/PS3. you can find the PURE adddon packs here http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...re-Track-Packs

edit: here's the correct order to install the dlc packs for PURE.
    -gamma
    -delta
    -classic1
    -classic2
    -classic music1
    -classic music2
    -omega
    -omega ships
    -sci-fi
    -oblivion
    -a7
    -voice of cod
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 14th August 2013 at 02:05 PM.

PSN ID
    havoc33_

Nice, thanks. Will be looking into getting one soon then. Ridiculous to buy a handheld just to play Wipeout games, but what the heck..

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

That's what I did!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Hey guys! Related query....

I had Pure and Pulse (physical copies) for PSP. Sold that and got a PSVita. I'm happy to buy again (already bought Pulse on the PS Store), but, where can I find a copy of Pure to download for Vita??

FURTHERMORE, is it possible to transfer my save files so I don't have to start all over again? I have the whole hard disk of my PSP backed up....

Thanks for your help!

(I'm in the USA, btw)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Start the Content Manager on your Vita. It explains how to transfer save files and extra contents. All packs are transferable to the Vita for both Pure and Pulse (though Mirage pack for Pulse need to be transfered from a PS3 for some reason).
    You have to use the search function to find Pure on the PS Store. I'm sure it is still there and the price for it is the same as for Pulse (it was the same when I bought it at least).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

PURE is listed under PSP racing games, the DLC [which there is a lot of] can pretty much only be got from the link above.
    You can get the original Wipeout at the same time which is playable on PSP/VITA/PS3, it's listed under PSone Classics

Yes, I think you can use your save files, I'm pretty sure I did when I did basically the same thing you want to do, but to a PSP GO!
    Download Sony's MEDIA GO! PC software, you can back-up all your PSP/VITA games and game save data to this software, you can also buy PSP/VITA and PSone classic games that can be stored on MEDIA GO! directly from the PStore with MEDIA GO![Which saves a lot of mucking about to be honest]
    http://mediago.sony.com/enu/download.

1] Download media GO!
    2]Register your VITA with the MEDIA GO! software via USB cable
    3]Copy your PURE/PULSE backed up game save data to MEDIA GO!
    4] Purchase PURE / Wipeout as well if you want, from the store and download directly to the MEDIA GO! software [instant back up ]
    5] Download the PURE DLC from the link above and put it in MEDIA GO! software
    6]Transfer the whole lot to your VITA
    7] Enjoy

Just think, when the VITA TV is released [pending a software update] all you will have to do is take your memory card out of your VITA, put it in a VITA TV mini console, and you can play all these games on your lounge TV with a PS4 controller.
    I basically do the same thing with my PSP GO!