Thread: What do you listen to while playing??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Quickbeamtheent

Default What do you listen to while playing??

Not that the default soundtrack isn't amazing, but since the option is there I have imported a bunch of my own electronic music. Mostly Com Truise (about 15 tracks), but some Boards of Canada, Nils Frahm, and Radiohead as well. Will probably add a few tracks from Gold Panda and maybe some Aphex Twin at some point in the future.

Rock on!!

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

I listen to the default XD I love it so much.

Though my brother did once play a trick on me and put Beethoven into the soundtrack 0_o most out of place thing ever...

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    bpinflag

I have everything from dubstep to some chill drum and bass for those zone modes.
    Anything that is electronic and has a fast tempo works well with this game.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    maurice1405

I have a long list of electronic music themes, but mostly trance. Deadmau5 themes like "There might be coffee" or "Alone with you" go perfect with the game. Listening this themes in Zone is awesome too!!

"Contact"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcuKxAvCSZ4

Children remix (best remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jwPi97slq4

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Funnily enough I listen to Hawaiian, Smooth Jazz and Classical music. I find I can concentrate a lot better when the music tracks are more calmer. Nonetheless I still love the game's official soundtracks, especially Exceeder.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

I have a few songs from the older games on my soundtrack (Xpander, Goteki 45, etc) the rest of it is Trance, Hard Trance, Dance etc. Really loud, thumping fast paced stuff like Cosmic Gate!!! Fantastic to race to!!! The Prodigy also have a few tracks that are bang on PERFECT for Wipeout, not just Firestarter Hotride and Warriors Dance work really well, same with the Pendulum remix of Voodoo People.

PSN ID
    For PS4 PRO IxNOCTURNUSxXI

Haha I knew someone would like them! Pink floyd are f*****g amazing! My brother in laws dad still has dark side of the moon on vinyl, I am jealous to be honest haha

PSN ID

Really can't stop listening to Sithu Aye when i'm playing now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1XgvsbtCaA
    They're a rare and lucky find I recommend them if you're into a bit of djent or instrumental rock/metal music

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Mietepiet

Sithu Aye is added to my soundtrack

I love playing zone Syncopia with Pink Floyd - Echoes
    Currently i race on old skool rap.

PSN ID

Usually I like to listen to a bit of Rush; usually the hemisperes album, Hopsin, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Animals as Leaders but most of the time I fluctuate between Hopsin, Immortal Technique and Jimi Hendrix

Timezone
    GMT -6

I'm probably the only person that enjoys listening to the sounds of the engines and environment. I feel it's more immersible than having music. Though when I do feel like listening to some tunes, it's usually System of a Down or Slipknot.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

oh god, metal music in wipeout? O_O
    does that even work? (not a fan of metal here, but i respect ur choices, i just would go mad if i had to listen to it while racing lol)
    And same, no music in game here, but that's mostly for video editing purposes in case i record, but if i turn on music i stream it from soundcloud (only since recently though)

currently listening; Obsession (Original Mix) - Krause

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Heavy Metal is ok, but I prefer hardcore, hardstyle, and hard trance when playing zone. And yes I'm a heavy metal fan and yes I do listen to Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, and other heavy metal bands that I might put on my WOHD custom list one day.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Luedism

I recently discovered that one of the folders of music Id imported to my PS3 had "No playable tracks" when I selected it in WipeOut.
    This is very convieniant when I want to just hear the sounds of the game without a soundtrack, since if you turn the music volume down to zero in the settings, you also wind up muting the 3-2-1-Start sounds, so I thought Id share this with the rest of you incase you were looking for this type of solution. Sorry I cant say why the folder has "no playable" in WipeOut, since I can play all the tracks from the music menu on the desktop. I would guess it has something to do with the filetype or bitrate. If I find the time to work that out, I'll post.
    However when I do want music in the background, I listen to Goa-Psy Trance / Dub / D&B , stuff like that fits well since most of it has no vocals so you can just Zone Out (pun intended).
    Ive been looking for some suitable Classical music to try (Think Apocolypse Now / A Clockwork Orange) Its about the conflict of soothing sounds playing while doing something SO intense, like flying at 100's of kph & glenching your teeth when you hear "Quake" =^{)
    Anyone who does listen to Classical or Chamber / String Quartet while playing WipeOut, please reply with some suggestions. Thanks !

- - - Updated - - -
    Hey KronicReaper
    If you like hard stuff like that I have a group you might not have heard of but Im sure youd like.
    The name of the group is Sepultura. They are heavy hard metal from the Brazilian rainforest !
    Ozzy & Sharen even took a trip to the jungle to hang & record some tracks with them.
    Check them out, not sure if youd want to listen when flying, but if you like your hardcore HARD,
    then sepultura is something you need to hear !
    Last edited by Luedism; 22nd November 2013 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Context

PSN ID

@Mike458 if you are fan of jazz I recommend listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra, they're amazing but take it with a pinch of salt also racer x are awesome, Paul Gilbert is an epic guitarist

PSN ID
    idloveacupoft

Well lately ive been listening to the prodigy, and that was good. But the best soundtrack imo is jamiroquai high times greatest hits smooth, cool and very chilled

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Fabby!! Another Prodigy fan ^_^ I have a few tracks of theirs on my HD/Fury soundtrack.