Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you listen to while playing??

PSN ID
    For PS4 PRO IxNOCTURNUSxXI

@Mike458 if you are fan of jazz I recommend listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra, they're amazing but take it with a pinch of salt also racer x are awesome, Paul Gilbert is an epic guitarist

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Pontiac400

For Zone and detonator mode especially, I love listening to the band krewella! They are upbeat techno dance music and it's awesome for the game!! Songs like "we are one" "feel me" or "come and get it" are a few of my personal favorites!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greevb

I have all the old wipeout discography, and I made a playlist of their tracks. Best of all the games. Also I've been listening to this great band Something Fiction whom has nice down-tempo tracks for when I'm not feeling electro. Plus the proceeds for buying the albums goes to MAPS charity. Mycelium Music is another faster paced band I enjoy; also charity proceeds go to Re-foresting the rain forest. For really bizarre upbeat tunes I put on A Tribe Called Red and some of these sick electro Mixes I got from Soundcloud guy Anikin.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Hey, Greevb, and welcome to the forums! I think most of us agree that the original WipEout had the best music, you just can't beat that mid 90s techno rush!s I love watching this thread, and discovering new music, twas a great idea to start it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greevb

Thank you thank you for the warm welcome, also I've enjoyed watching this forum and listening to new suggestions for music. I'm pretty open minded in that department. Been a long player and lover of the wipEout games from the original 3 on the PS1, to the 2 PSP versions and HD/Fury of course on the PS3. Haven't picked up the Vita yet though I'm curious to see how 2048 turned out; sad to see Studio Liverpool get dropped by Sony. Though I hear some other projects are already in the works

-Greetings from Belgium!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Belgium! I wouldn't have guessed, since your location reads "Sol 2" God knows where that thing floats in it's free time, though, you could be anywhere! On a serious note, I'm glad you've enjoyed your time, we always need new pilots here to keep us entertained. Sounds like you have a real history with the WipEout series, too. Hopefully you'll get your hands on 2048 sometime, I personally thought it was a really cool game, with the street circuits and all, but it did lack some features (racebox, open online, etc.) so opinions have been highly polarized, people either love it or they hate it.

With the projects, I encourage you to check out the SlipStream GX sub-forum, and see how we're coming along. A lot of progress has been made since the start, and the latest demo is simply fantastic! https://drive.google.com/folderview?...E0&usp=sharing Things are coming right along, and we'd love to hear your input if you have any ideas or suggestions!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greevb

Indeed! I hope to pick up a copy of 2048 soon as it seems to be a well done history of wipEout style game. I've been lurking in the Slipstream GX forum as well and from what I've seen so far I've been pretty impressed; this community sure has many wonderful projects and outlets going on. In fact I'll boot up my PC this moment and get started downloading the demo

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DDD113

Arrow

Awesome! I hope you enjoy your time with it. It takes a minute to get used to the handling, but once you get it, the demo's quite a blast.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greevb

Cool New Tunez for Outer Space

The Crystal Method and AZEDIA just came out with new albums too, so I'm loading that up right now!

Dunno if this is allowed if not please remove, this song is amazing IMO and free to dl in the vocal and instrumental form, enjoy!

http://azedia.bandcamp.com/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

OMG!!! I'm not alone!!!
    Hi there fellow belgian ^^
    Welcome

on topic;
    still the same old
    electro dance house and wub wubs

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greevb

Hey hey, hailing from Mons/Bergen; lived 15 years in America but have been in Europe for the last 8 years. Though my PSN says I'm US I'm here in BE lol, add me mang lets race

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Kortrijk here ^^, can't race right now though as i have college work to finish atm, maybe this evening

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greevb

Likewise, juggling two jobs and classes for me start on the 16th, have a meeting tomorrow but for sure I'll be on later. I'll shoot you a request.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Quote Originally Posted by IXxNOCTURNALxXI View Post
    @Mike458 if you are fan of jazz I recommend listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra, they're amazing but take it with a pinch of salt also racer x are awesome, Paul Gilbert is an epic guitarist
    @Greevb and Cipher: Stay on topic!

Anyway, I also added some Alex S. and some of that Mahavishnu Orchestra to my soundtrack. They are AWESOME! Thanks for letting me know about that! And yes, Gilbert is awesome. That is all.

PSN ID
    For PS4 PRO IxNOCTURNUSxXI

Haha i'm glad you like them Mike and your welcome mate
    Last edited by IXxNOCTURNALxXI; 10th December 2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

PSN ID
    idloveacupoft

Well lately ive been listening to the prodigy, and that was good. But the best soundtrack imo is jamiroquai high times greatest hits smooth, cool and very chilled

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Fabby!! Another Prodigy fan ^_^ I have a few tracks of theirs on my HD/Fury soundtrack.

PSN ID
    idloveacupoft

^^ ye I really liked invaders must die album on there. Tracks like invaders must die, colours, thunder, omen and warriors dance really get me pumped for racing xD still though, jamiroquai prob edges it! And thats saying something!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Jamiroquai is amazing. 'Nuff said.

Futures, made of
    Virtual insanity, now
    Always, seem to
    Be governed by this love we have
    For twisting, useless, our new technology
    For now there is no sound, for we all live underground

Possibly one of the best songs ever made. (sorry for offtopic)

Anyway, I just added a LOT of Allman Brothers and Queen to my playlist! 2MB of storage left in my (slightly) broken PS3.
    Last edited by Mike458; 19th January 2014 at 03:50 PM.