Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What are your dream ideas for WipEout.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    radioavon

Hey thanks man! Glad to be here.

Yeah I can see the micro management angle, but I kinda like getting into the details like that as a gamer. Different play style I guess. You could simplify the idea by just having the player be the pilot and have the ability to adjust your own skill points or whatever through xp. Def agree about limiting upgrades. It's almost like you'd have slots ya know so you have an air brake slot and you can add the airbrake that is more robust but weighs more which will drop your overall speed, or you can pick the lightweight air brake that is gonna handle like balls but raises your top speed. Gotta be a trade off.

Yeah multi player is the catch. You might have to force everyone to use the baseline ships online, or maybe there is a better match making system to pair you up with people of similar levels and presumably progress. I do think it'd be interesting to see if your ship build could out race another players ship build.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I think what would be cool would be a career mode where you sign a contract with a team at the beginning and once you have enough money, you can make your own team. You would be able to make your ship with different frames, brakes and engines. each part would have an affect on your craft like some frames would weigh more but be stronger, etc. Then you could customize the look of your ship with different fronts, rears, side panels, wings and cockpits. Then you would choose between a number of sponsor offers and change the color and put on stripes, flames and that sort of stuff. When you were done, you could take it to the test track to tune your ship. For instance, you could tune the engine to make it have more thrust but less top speed, or the other way around.

I would also like longer tracks, pit lanes instead of absorbing, and a world championship career where there is a scoring system like wipeout fusion where every elimination would earn you 2 points and if you were eliminated, you would get 0. The higher you placed, the more points you'd get. At the end of the race series, the pilot with the most points would win and at the end of the year's championship, the pilot with the highest overall points won and became world champion.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

The last thing is like a league in WipEout Fusion.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by PureSpeed7 View Post
    I think what would be cool would be a career mode where you sign a contract with a team at the beginning and once you have enough money, you can make your own team. You would be able to make your ship with different frames, brakes and engines. each part would have an affect on your craft like some frames would weigh more but be stronger, etc. Then you could customize the look of your ship with different fronts, rears, side panels, wings and cockpits. Then you would choose between a number of sponsor offers and change the color and put on stripes, flames and that sort of stuff. When you were done, you could take it to the test track to tune your ship. For instance, you could tune the engine to make it have more thrust but less top speed, or the other way around.

I would also like longer tracks, pit lanes instead of absorbing, and a world championship career where there is a scoring system like wipeout fusion where every elimination would earn you 2 points and if you were eliminated, you would get 0. The higher you placed, the more points you'd get. At the end of the race series, the pilot with the most points would win and at the end of the year's championship, the pilot with the highest overall points won and became world champion.
    Team formation sounds like a cool idea, but a pain in the ass in terms of actual implementation. No matter how many things you design or how extensive you make the logo/ship editor, you'll never truly get the team you really want. Especially when cosmetic items have associated stats; good stats that feel comfortable to you might make the ship you want to design look like a total shiteburger. (Before anyone tells me that I had more or less the same idea, it's easier to design parts that work with one body type and livery than with every imaginable one.) The sponsor offers actually sound like something that'd add a cool dimension to managing the way you race without intruding onto actual gameplay. I'd like to see that happen.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I actually meant only engines, brakes etc. would affect the performance. Fronts, rears, sides, and wings wouldn't, they would just be your preference on appearance.

Fatal inertia is a wipeout style game I have and if you look at the customization, you'll see you have four ships to choose from, and you sort of build on that by choosing upgrades for it. That's what I mean. You'd choose a basic platform and build from there. Every platform would have different visual parts.

Also, something that I think would be cool is something called autosculpt from some of the Need For Speed games. You pick a basic part like a bumper, and you can change the size of the vents and stuff. You make the part just how you want it. This would be cool for cosmetic parts.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Autosculpt also had an effect on the part. For example, a wide spoiler was more effective than a small one. Was awesome ^^

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Autosculpt also had an effect on the part. For example, a wide spoiler was more effective than a small one. Was awesome ^^
    Wait, you mean sculpting my spoiler bigger will make my car go faster, or choosing a big one to sculpt would make it faster? You mean on Need For Speed Pro Street, or all games? (that have autosculpt)

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I just keep having ideas!

Turbo pad: A pad on the track that looks like a speed pad but green, gives you an instant turbo boost when you fly over it. Can be used for some epic jumps.

Also, I would like to see super weapons return. When making your ship, you could make your super weapon. You'd choose a basic platform weapon, any regular weapon (rockets, missile, mines etc.) then, you could choose how many projectiles would fire (depending on weapon type) and you'd be given a slider that let you choose the total damage to slowing affect ratio.

My super weapon: super missile (NOT FEISAR'S NO S ON THE END!) a single fire missile that locks on to an opponent. When hit, you are likely to be eliminated. stats: Damage: 80 Slowing affect: 0

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I just meant that Autosculpt not only allowed you to alter the look, but also the performance of the car.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

weather effects like rain and snow,

optical flares,

dust and the like

a better leaderboard

no bugs

released after all beta testing is over

wipeout community events organised by PSN

wipeout branded clothing items and game peripherals

customisable skins for ships

day and night settings for tracks

a story mode with online interactivity

DLC released every year (paid for of course)

hmm, can't think now

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

BETA VERSION FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS COMPLETED HD/FURY!!!!!!!! Oh, and maybe cross-play with PS3, Vita, and PS4 would be nice too.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Hate to burst your bubble, but something like that will be very unlikely to happen.

Maybe if Sony resurrected Studio Liverpool so that they could fix 2048, and possibly make a PS4 port, then I would be happy.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

you'll have to either jump real high or have a very long pin to burst our bubbles - we're dreamers and hopers... our bubbles fly high. Icaras demands so.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

"My game" would base on the F3600, with the original teams, pilots, tracks, weapons, speed classes, mechanics.
    Additionally the handling would base on HD/Fury. It would also have a damage simulation, but the ship doesn't gets damaged due to weapon impact.
    Also for championship races a team championship will be added.
    However, the game would split in three, indpendent parts: Classic-Mode, Career-Mode and Story-Mode.

Classic: Is built up like the original wipEout, you can choose the game mode, the team/pilot and track.
    It would also feature a multiplayer part, with single race (online/LAN with 7 other people), championship (online/LAN championship with 7 other people. However, they can join, disconnect and rejoin during it), head to head (online/LAN classic head-to-head), multiplayer race (classic race, two players against 6 AI ships).
    Each game mode is also available in Split-Screen mode.

Career: In this mode you create a profile with name, age, weight, gender, height and a genrated Pilot ID (just th data known about every original pilot, with some expectations ). Also a feature is that you can create your own pilot logo, design your helmet and choose your racing clour (depands on team).
    You would play from 2052-2084, but usually a pilot isn't older than 60.
    It's optional to activate practise and/or qualifying andthe race lenght (3, 5, 9, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 50).
    The more laps, the more XP-Points.
    At the begin you need to find a team, FEISAR wants to see some fast laps, while AG-Systems directly recruits people.
    During a year are some special events planned (some of them depend on the team), also there ar test sessions.
    Teams will improve their crafts, basing on their race pace and the amount of test events.
    The roster is dynamic, but while Kel Solaar will race all the time for Qirex, Arian would never join her sister in a team.
    There are also some scripted events, basing on the canon.

Story: In this mode you play through the career of the eight original pilots.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Game mode ideas:

Knock Out:

Regular race, but with a timer, when it reaches 0 whoever's in last is eliminated. Last one racing wins. the timer would be: eliminations start in: 15 14 13 etc. once eliminations start it would be 25 seconds until elimination.

Knock out eliminator:

Eliminator but when you're eliminated, you're done, and you get points for eliminations and weapon hits. You get a lot of points for being the last one racing, but with enough eliminations, you can win even when you were eliminated.

Tag:

Weapons do 4 times as much damage as normal, and have no slowing affects. You do a lap without weapons, whoever has the best lap time gets to be "it". When "it", you'll rapidly get points. Others try to destroy you with weapons while you cant pick up weapons. When eliminated, you respawn, but whoever eliminated you is "it". Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    "My game" would base on the F3600, with the original teams, pilots, tracks, weapons, speed classes, mechanics.
    Additionally the handling would base on HD/Fury. It would also have a damage simulation, but the ship doesn't gets damaged due to weapon impact.
    Also for championship races a team championship will be added.
    However, the game would split in three, indpendent parts: Classic-Mode, Career-Mode and Story-Mode.

Classic: Is built up like the original wipEout, you can choose the game mode, the team/pilot and track.
    It would also feature a multiplayer part, with single race (online/LAN with 7 other people), championship (online/LAN championship with 7 other people. However, they can join, disconnect and rejoin during it), head to head (online/LAN classic head-to-head), multiplayer race (classic race, two players against 6 AI ships).
    Each game mode is also available in Split-Screen mode.

Career: In this mode you create a profile with name, age, weight, gender, height and a genrated Pilot ID (just th data known about every original pilot, with some expectations ). Also a feature is that you can create your own pilot logo, design your helmet and choose your racing clour (depands on team).
    You would play from 2052-2084, but usually a pilot isn't older than 60.
    It's optional to activate practise and/or qualifying andthe race lenght (3, 5, 9, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 50).
    The more laps, the more XP-Points.
    At the begin you need to find a team, FEISAR wants to see some fast laps, while AG-Systems directly recruits people.
    During a year are some special events planned (some of them depend on the team), also there ar test sessions.
    Teams will improve their crafts, basing on their race pace and the amount of test events.
    The roster is dynamic, but while Kel Solaar will race all the time for Qirex, Arian would never join her sister in a team.
    There are also some scripted events, basing on the canon.

Story: In this mode you play through the career of the eight original pilots.
    That actually sounds pretty cool, I would play it! Although, one thing I would like to change is that none of the ships would be way better than others, because i'm an ag systems fan.

Timezone
    GMT -6

The description of Knock Out really reminds me of Asphault Injection. And as for Tag, I already had an idea by the same name: Tag Race, Tag Zone and Tag Eliminator. It was a trio of team-based modes (red team vs. blue team), variants of Single Race, Zone Battle and Eliminator respectively.

I like your interpretation of Tag a lot more though.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 5th September 2014 at 12:00 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Resurrect the Wipeout Series and bring it to the PS4.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I had another game idea:

WipEout 2215

Makana News Channel 6.

12/13/2214
    Interview with Natasha Belmondo and some high profile pilots.

With the FX500 league starting early next year, we went to the ag festival interview key people involved with ag racing.
    This is the start of a new era in anti-gravity racing with many key advancements in technology, which allows for some pretty amazing track design.

Natasha Belmondo: "It's great to see anti-gravity racing get new life breathed into it, and some of the tracks are immense!"
    She isn't kidding. Sol III is a fan favorite. The start is on the ground, but right after it there is a 550 foot vertical climb at extreme speeds.
    With the new turbo pads, extreme jumps are possible. Structural enhancements mean tracks can twist and turn high in the air. There is new safety tech also. When a pilot is eliminated, the rescue bots zoom lightning fast and grab the ship, hauling it to safety. In the cockpit, the pilot's seat has a shield erected around it as usual.
    "I'm so happy that people are getting involved everywhere."
    There are tracks in China, Japan, U.S.A, Brazil, Hawaii, Makana, Finland, England, Australia, and France.

Micheal Pheil is a pilot for AG Systems.

With this new era of racing, all teams have changed, none more so than world champions AG Systems.
    Micheal Pheil: "We have a reputation to keep as being the most successful team around, so we needed to adapt."
    AG Systems has completely changed from a single hull to dual hull ship, much like their model from the late 2090s.
    "The dual hull ship provides a little more strength at the expence of some of our well-known handling. It's a good extange if you ask me, with the addition of pit lanes instead of absorbing."
    Pre-season testing is extremely promising for AG, and it looks like we'll have some truly epic racing to see next year.

After the break: we interview E-GX pilot and AG queen Sarah Lane.
    This is Makana News Channel 6.
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 5th April 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

WipEout 2215

Makana News Channel 6.

12/13/2214
    Interview with high profile pilots.

Sarah Lane is an EG-X pilot and popular AG-queen.

The FX-500 will introduce very highly combat oriented racing with pit lanes, many weapon pads, and long weapons-friendly straights.
    Sarah Lane: "Being a past weapons manufacturer, we are going to have some of the best weapons around, although we will have slightly less firepower than Qirex to save weight."
    "We've worked to upgrade our shields and handling a bit in the last year."
    "We think that these upgrades will allow us to combat AG-Systems in the FX-500."

EG-X is certainly going to be rivaling AG-Systems again, just like in the FX-400.

Andre Baudin is a Pilot for Qirex.

Qirex's biggest upgrade so far has been the weapons.
    Andre Baudin: "We are confident that are weapon systems are completely unmatched compared to any weapon system in the history of AG-Racing, and we're sure we can combat Auricom's new shields."

One thing's for sure, Qirex is going to be eliminating a lot of people in the upcoming league.

After the break: we interview Auricom's pilot and give a summary of each team's ship.

- - - Updated - - -

WipEout 2215

Makana News Channel 6.

12/13/2214
    Interview with Japanese Auricom pilot Akiko Hayashi and summary of all teams in the FX-500 Anti-Gravity Racing League.

Akiko Hayashi is a Japanese Auricom pilot.

Auricom has ramped up their shields so much they are only rivaled by Triakis.
    Akiko Hayashi: "This revolutionary new shield technology has allowed Auricom to greatly increase the shield capability of our craft while sacrificing only a small amount of speed and maneuverability. We will use this technology in combat with Qirex."

The rivalry between Delia Flaubert and Holst McQueen has never been so strong.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, a summary of the teams that will be competing in the FX-500 Anti-Gravity Racing League.

AG-Systems: The fast friends have changed to a dual hull ship in preparation for the FX-500. It looks as if they are fast as ever.
    FEISAR: FEISAR has changed very little between leagues, their ship has stronger shields and a higher top speed.
    Auricom: They'll be having some great battles with Qirex in this new combat racing using their strong shields.
    Qirex: With the best weapon systems ever, the other teams will have to watch out for the purple ship.
    Piranha: Secretive as ever, Piranha showed their craft to the fans at the festival, but no technical data has been released. They are gaining a foothold after Peirmont's death.
    Assegai: As for most teams, the Assegai ship has gotten an upgrade to shields. It looks as if they are ready to challenge AG-Systems again.
    Goteki 45: The Goteki ship didn't need a shield upgrade, so they upgraded the speed for the long straights.
    Triakis: The Triakis ship has a slightly larger engine than the FX-400 variant. It is all set to be a strong contender with it's strong shields.
    Mirage: Still a jack of all traits, the team at MAGEC has decided to upgrade all statistics evenly.
    Icaras: The team at Icaras has had to upgrade the shields enormously to compete with all of the combat. Still the weakest ship around, it seems Icaras will still be Flying High.
    EG-X: The overall speed and strength of the new EG-X ship means it is a strong contender to the mighty AG-Systems.
    Harimau: With an upgrade to shields and surprisingly, very strong weapons, the Harimau ship will show just what biofuel can do, with it's 0 emissions engine.

People around the world are very exited about the start of the FX-500 Anti-Gravity Racing League.

12/13/2214
    Last edited by PureSpeed7; 7th April 2015 at 11:18 AM.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Remake all the PS1 Wipeouts and Pure, with a cockpit on actual moving hydraulics that would vibrate and a virtual reality headset in the most glorious way imaginable with pilot and craft customization and endless amount of DLC, and I'd be happy.

Make a game after f9000 in amateur league, with the abiliy to build your own craft and upgrade/customize, add in new teams and tracks and I'm happy .