Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your dream ideas for WipEout.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    UberVoyager

Something that would've been cool is if you had an "arena mode", where you can hover around and shoot other people.

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

a wipeout arcade cabinet...running on a modern equivalent of a sega r360 with option for multiple cab link up for multiplayer. anyone remember the FMV intro for Assualt Rigs?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb2v8YPN9ts

one day i shall build such a machine to play wipeout.

/dream

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

http://blog.retrogamer.net/general/g...s-oculus-rift/

or perhaps a psx emulator, ocius rift and wipeout next.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LPswim2009

I would've liked to see in WipEout HD/Fury (I say this past tense because of obvious reasons for Liverpool) all tracks from both Pure and Pulse make it into the game along with the grid extended to 12-14 ships with adding on Van Uber and Tigron, it would've been really cool to add a track like Sinucit or Platinum Rush to the PS3 along with those 2 teams

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Story mode, anyone?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

I think i'm interested to see a storymode, yet career mode/campaign would most likely be better off unless as an optional mode. Like Mortal Kombat 9 (just throwing an example) does have a storymode where you'll transfer to random characters in certain events in the story leading to the end, but can still play in a career/tournament and arcade mode building up one of the characters in that mode to unlock bonuses or skins, etc. The same can happen for WipEout. You'll start with one pilot from any team. then transition to another pilot from another team as you progress through the story and so on, yet I don't know what it will lead up to or what the plot may be about. I rather still have a career mode.

But... how about creating your own pilot. Great example would be Sims 3's Create-A-Sim, but without the body changing, just the head (although that would be cool to do so), and make him or her how you wanted. Create a bio (optional) choose a race style using a number of skill points, (again, like the Sims personality traits generator), select a team and generated liveries for that team. (I can think of 36 pilots )

I don't know what to think of it. Creating a backstory of a pilot is easy, but having a plot with those pilots is kinda hard. You don't see the original or Fusion having a storymode.

I just realized, I already posted the idea of creating your own pilot on here, but not creating the appearance of your pilot.
    Last edited by Synergy2048; 26th April 2014 at 12:58 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ND-2-SPD

I know wipeout is traditionally a circuit racer and I don't know how you would incorporate it into the game but I would love to see a free roam/sandbox wipeout, possibly a street AG racing game set between fusion and pure. It would be really different from the rest of the games in the series but it would be awesome to see a future city. I'm not 100% sure about this but it's just a rough idea.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    possesed13

all the tracks from wo1 until hd especially delivered for ps4 customizable ships! a legacy edition with all that happened since 1995 in one title!
    and a tottally upgraded online community where you can create championships for all to fill in!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

I feel like this applies to all racing games but a track editor with community sharing would have been sweet, imagine all the stuff you could do with magstrips that was never really explored (for example corkscrews).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Quote Originally Posted by possesed13 View Post
    all the tracks from wo1 until hd especially delivered for ps4 customizable ships! a legacy edition with all that happened since 1995 in one title!
    and a tottally upgraded online community where you can create championships for all to fill in!
    This sounds like either "WipE'out" 2052-2206" or "WipE'out" All-Stars Racing"

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

So had a pretty cool dream last night that I was browsing the web and I came across a game titled "Wipeout Reload Carnage" that consistent of all of the old PS1 classic wipeouts in one game along with 100s of more added on content and online playability, though the game was only available to designers of the franchise. Other than the last part, I thought the dream was pretty damn epic.

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

If I could add something to Wipeout, I add a free roam open world feature like games such as need for speed

Drive through the streets of places like New York, London, Paris and many more unique cities in your Feisar or any of the teams of your choice. Take part in street races of up to say 12 opponents as well and customize your ship in garages like paint jobs, create emblems and so on. And if you really wanted to destroy everything with your weapon systems!! although that would be to violent for Wipeout All this to me would make Wipeout PURRFECT

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

or pointless

Timezone
    GMT -8

I've been coming up with ideas for a new Wipeout game ever since I started studying game design. I'm going to write in the ideas me and my friend Eno had for it. Also, I didn't read anything except for the last page, so sorry if it seems like i copied you ;-P

Career: This one would have something of a story this go around, what with you dicking about in the boonies with your buds until going to one of the Amateur Leagues with a ship you built yourself, to turn the heads of talent scouts. After that, it's WipEout all the same, only this time you're managing yourself, with being able to get hired for moonlighting, getting made redundant, being poached by the richer teams, goosing up your ship, and even getting yourself out of conspiracies like murder attempts. There's also going to be a mite of a moral choice system going on. Are you going to sign yourself up for the likes of FEISAR and AG-Sys to further mankind, or are you going to become the richest mother*cker ever and get hired by the teams like Qirex and EG-X? Are you going to beat your rival through force of will or king to eliminate him by sending him off that eerie ledge in the track that's in Arizona?

Ship Customization: Like I said before, you get into the Amateur League as an independent racer, with a ship you built from scratch. It's a pile of junk, but it's a big lovable pile of junk, and you can decide to keep it when you get into a team with a lick of that teams livery, or scrap it for money to goose up the shiny new one you're getting. After that, there's all you can do with your ship with the money you're earning from racing. Rather than a straight unbalanced upgrade system like Wipeout Fusion had, it's going to be more of a TF2 style side-grade system. Sure, there'll be some vertical change (money needs a real purpose after all), but mostly it's going to be melding the ship to a feel that feels right to you. Every team has a general idea of how it should ride, but it's mostly up to you, with you being able to switch out engines, exhaust systems, air intakes, repulsers, air brakes, even swapping out the chassis. It'd be up to you entirely.

More Diversity: Wipeout's already had a lot of this in spades in the past, but I'd still like to bring the whole world in this party. As far as tracks go, I've had designs in mind for Las Vegas, Arizona (with the Grand Canyon integrated - THINK ABOUT IT), New York, Canada, Amazon River Brazil, Russia, Paris, Berlin, off the coast of New Zealand, over the ocean, in orbit, and The Land of God (cheat-code only ;-P). I'd also like to add more teams. I want one from India, Central America, and I'd also like more member states of FEISAR to do their own thing, as well as having a black-hat pure sabotage team in the mix (huehuehue.) In addition, I'd like all the characters and pilots as fully-fleshed people with real personalities and motives, to really make the story interesting.

Making First-Person Piloting Feel Realistic: Wipeout has attempted cockpit view before, but it's never really worked for it. I haven't found a single gameplay video that actually keeps it in first person. The fact that first-person stopped being the norm ever since the first game should tell you enough. I not only want to make first person feel more realistic, I also want to make it far more fun. I want first person to be something players actually want to use, to make it not only feel like you're really driving a multi-million dollar/pound/euro/daivana AG craft, but to make it feel like really driving an AG craft is thrilling and straight-up FUN.

A New Weapons System: All my thoughts of a new WipeOut game were first born from this thought. What if I could pickup multiple weapons and put them in a queue, OR, alternatively, combine the weapons I have queued up and turn em into WMDs? I spent a long time combining weapons for the ultimate race-combat experience. By pressing the Fire and Dump Most Recent button at the same time, (and of course holding a compatible set of weapons, try combining something stupid and the weapons detonate inside the craft) and you have yourself an exponentially more powerful weapon. Earthquake-shockwave missiles. Plasma cannons. Flame missiles. And not just straight up crosses, either. Combining an autopilot and a missile, and you have the Hunter Missile from Fusion. Combine a missile and another missile, and you have the Super Missiles from Fusion (again.) Combine two rocket volleys, and you get two Pinballs, rockets that act like the green shell from Mario Kart that ricochet off the walls, gaining speed and damage with every impact with a wall until finally smashing into someone. Combine a Disruptor Bolt with a missile and you get a targeted shield shutdown. This system would exponentiate a) the number of weapons and b) how fun they are to use.

And finally...
    Epic Multiplayer: I don't want to half-bake the multiplayer. I want it to be as much of the experience as the single player campaign. You got two methods here: The Leagues, where you take your ship, character, and skills and put them out into the open against fellow pilots across the globe, gaining money and experience just like you would if you were playing single-player, taking place in organized world-wide tournaments, racing for your team, and generally feeling even more like anti-gravity racing is a reality, or Arcade Mode, where you can grab up to three buds on the same console, pick the stock ship for any team, and jump right in to any of the circuits in the game locally or online.

Wow that was a long post. But as you can see, I've been mulling over this, and you know who I want to be hired by after I'm done going to school for game design. Who else wants this game?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Micromanagement would be a pain in the tailhole, but besides that I am interested.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Thinking over things, there really isn't much I would change. Any type of non-circuit street racing type of game would suck. It wouldn't be wipeout anymore. They did this for 2048, but it only works because of the timeline, and it is still circuit based. There just isn't any reason to have a street racing type of game. Open world also doesn't work. It just isn't that type of game.

No on realism. I like the floaty futuristic controls it has now. If you want to experience real flying, Flight Simulator is a good choice. It makes more sense to have a Wipeout DLC for Flight Simulator rather than the other way around.

I do like RPG elements. I think earning credits and using them for upgrades would be a brilliant addition. In addition to being able to earn upgrades, they should be customizable too. The ships would still keep to their basic attributes, but would have custom options too, similar to prototypes in 2048. Like for example, lets say that you can purchase upgrades to the weapons systems that enable/disable certain weapon attributes. Maybe you purchase the option to hold more than one rocket, but in doing so it adds to weight and drops overall speed slightly. Or what if you could use a different type of lighter material for the ship body, but at the cost of hull integrity. These added benefits and costs wouldn't alter the total overall attributes too much, rather allow a pilot to customize based on personal racing style preferences. Maybe you can disable speed pads for the ability to hold 2 weapons at once. The possibilities would be incredible to add.

Definitely a yes to a League mode. And not a League campaign mode like was in Fusion either. An true online league would be a nice touch. In addition to that I would add a new race mode: Grand Prix, where you set the laps, weapons are off, and you have unlimited energy like a multiplayer timetrial with many laps.

I would also like the ability to select and deselect certain weapons as a race option. So if you wanted to have a green race you could. If you wanted quakes and turbos you could do that too. If you wanted cannons only, so be it. YOU decide.

...and how about a co-op option where you team race against AI with an online friend in a series of races where you race as a team. Quakes and missiles would not affect your team mates, and you earn points in a tournament together. Heck, why not make a separate online option where you can race your team against other online teams? This could also figure into a team League, which would be awesome.

I would also say include a matchmaking option available to those that wanted to race similar pilots based on records. You could enable/disable this option in the race lobby.

All of these things would help to enhance the game without changing it too much. It would keep its original identity but appeal to more racers.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    Thinking over things, there really isn't much I would change. Any type of non-circuit street racing type of game would suck. It wouldn't be wipeout anymore. They did this for 2048, but it only works because of the timeline, and it is still circuit based. There just isn't any reason to have a street racing type of game. Open world also doesn't work. It just isn't that type of game.

No on realism. I like the floaty futuristic controls it has now. If you want to experience real flying, Flight Simulator is a good choice. It makes more sense to have a Wipeout DLC for Flight Simulator rather than the other way around.

I do like RPG elements. I think earning credits and using them for upgrades would be a brilliant addition. In addition to being able to earn upgrades, they should be customizable too. The ships would still keep to their basic attributes, but would have custom options too, similar to prototypes in 2048. Like for example, lets say that you can purchase upgrades to the weapons systems that enable/disable certain weapon attributes. Maybe you purchase the option to hold more than one rocket, but in doing so it adds to weight and drops overall speed slightly. Or what if you could use a different type of lighter material for the ship body, but at the cost of hull integrity. These added benefits and costs wouldn't alter the total overall attributes too much, rather allow a pilot to customize based on personal racing style preferences. Maybe you can disable speed pads for the ability to hold 2 weapons at once. The possibilities would be incredible to add.

Definitely a yes to a League mode. And not a League campaign mode like was in Fusion either. An true online league would be a nice touch. In addition to that I would add a new race mode: Grand Prix, where you set the laps, weapons are off, and you have unlimited energy like a multiplayer timetrial with many laps.

I would also like the ability to select and deselect certain weapons as a race option. So if you wanted to have a green race you could. If you wanted quakes and turbos you could do that too. If you wanted cannons only, so be it. YOU decide.

...and how about a co-op option where you team race against AI with an online friend in a series of races where you race as a team. Quakes and missiles would not affect your team mates, and you earn points in a tournament together. Heck, why not make a separate online option where you can race your team against other online teams? This could also figure into a team League, which would be awesome.

I would also say include a matchmaking option available to those that wanted to race similar pilots based on records. You could enable/disable this option in the race lobby.

All of these things would help to enhance the game without changing it too much. It would keep its original identity but appeal to more racers.

Who said anything about taking it off the circuits? That's where it was born and that's where it's staying.

It's called an ANTI-GRAVITY ship. It's staying floaty, but it should feel at least like your driving the floaty ship.

That's precisely what I'm talking about. And Grand Prix is one hell of an idea. Maybe as one of the events in the campaign.

Why not as part of Arcade Mode?

And I agree.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    radioavon

I think it’d be cool to take the role of a team manager. So obviously you’d still have the racing component where you are piloting the ship in real races and events, but outside of that you could have sort of a team management mechanic where you can hire different pilots that would give you different bonuses based on weapon aggressiveness or maybe reaction time for handling or something like that. As many people have mentioned the ability to upgrade and customize ships would be cool, so combining those with the ability to have pilots with different stats can really open up the combo possibilities. Additionally you could earn money for the team by placing higher in events which would allow you to dump that back into R&D and unlock different parts or upgrades. You could turn the zone type events into "pilot training" and get XP to level up your pilots that would in turn boost their stats. Would add kind of a RPG element to the game without getting too far away from the model the games have had thus far maybe...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Hey there Radioavon! I've raced you a few times on 2048. Nice to see you on the zone

That sounds like a lot of micro-managing to me, but the idea of the whole sponsorship thing could still work without it. Instead of managing different pilots with different stats, how about you tie in upgrades with ship loyalty?

Maybe at certain points, a company will "sponsor" you, and when that happens you get a unique upgrade for the ship you are building loyalty with, as well as a new ship skin. This would encourage players to play through each ship, but provide rewards along the way. I do like the RPG elements about using currency to unlock stuff to. So maybe you unlock a prototype ship upgrade by reaching loyalty, but you have to earn the credits to install it. Each company that sponsor might offer a different type of upgrade. Maybe the first upgrade you get with an Icaras for example is a shield boost. Then later a different company has a thrust upgrade.. and so forth. You could upgrade your ship as you see fit to customize, but I also think that there should be a limit (so you can't use every upgrade at once). This way it allows you to customize your ship without overpowering it.

The only drawback would be mulitplayer. It would be unfair to be a beginner without upgrades. So there would have to be something in place to level things for online play.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I really would like to see some sort of TV mode