Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your dream ideas for WipEout.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    thekiwipome

Default What are your dream ideas for WipEout.

If you were to take on the WipEout franchise, what would you do with it? I had a thought whilst randomly drawing Triakis from WipEout HD and rendered it with a rusty metal appearance and I thought; WipEout Apocalypse. I thought about it a bit more and imagined that sometime after the FX400 the nukes rained down on the world and centuries later people salvaged AG craft from the FX300, 350 and 400 leagues to race again through derelict cities and the racetracks for survival.
    I think this would be a really fun game. The ability to modify your weapons and loadouts and that kind of malarki. I'd like to hear what you fellow racers think of this and drop in your own ideas; not necessarily about this one but what you would see in a future WipEout game.triakis post apocalyptic001.jpg
    Last edited by thekiwipome; 22nd May 2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: adding photo

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Oh man, if a WipEout game had a ship customization feature, that would be the greatest! You know, like with street racing games such as NFS Undercover, Most Wanted and the like. You should be able to basically modify all features of the ship including sponsors, decals, signs, environment logos, engines, aerodynamic and aesthetic features (like the shields that cover ships in Zone Battle mode in HD Fury), adding weapons which are exclusive to each team, and then the usual stuff like changing colors (with respect to each team's special color palette of course) etc. That would be my one and only dream for WipEout games, everything else is just perfect.

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

^that would be awesome. Super weapons for the new games FTW!

Although there probably won't be a new game

Realistically I don't know if WO would make a good post-apocalyptic racer. How would you salvage the kind of energy necessary to make AG possible in a ruined wasteland? It would be much more complicated than fighting over petrol like in Mad Max.

If you want a good post-apocalpytic sci fi racer (and a very pure one at that) try Ubisoft's "Pod" which came out on PC in 1997. It's very gritty and futuristic. I would love to see a remake of that with added 3rd person shooter and RPG elements, where you could explore the ruined cities on foot between races, engage in gang warfare and salvage fuel and parts for your vehicle.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

What one could do for customization and more open environments a la 2048, I think, is set a WipEout game at the big AG revivals before PurE in the timeline. You could have lots of different frames and components and stuff suggesting the looser rules sets, including super weapons, a few different companies that we see disappear before the FX150 league, stuff like that.

PSN ID
    megatomik_12A

All I want is a even more improved WipeOut HD for PS4. Anything would do it at this point...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wipe64

I would love to see an HD remake of WipEout 2097 for the PS4. The same gameplay, but graphics at least as good as the screenshots of the fan made WipEout Deceit. And in order to make the game perfect, a real cockpit view and a F1 2012 style career. Actually I want the official simulation of the F-5000 League....
    F5000™:'97
    Last edited by WikEv_512; 10th July 2013 at 12:36 PM.

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

I want das career mode going through any timeline. Careeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Quote Originally Posted by WikEv_512 View Post
    I would love to see an HD remake of WipEout 2097 for the PS4. The same gameplay, but graphics at least as good as the screenshots of the fan made WipEout Deceit. And in order to make the game perfect, a real cockpit view and a F1 2012 style career. Actually I want the official simulation of the F-5000 League....
    F5000™:'97
    Oh man that's one of my most biggest wishes for a new WipEout game.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    I don't have one at this time.

I really want to see something like Wip3out. I'm fascinated with that game.

Same style, same tracks...

I really need to get the SE version.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rossriders_86

There's too many things I'd like to have in a WipEout game...but I suppose to start listing ideas...

One such was something I did touch upon in the WipEout deciet thread... a game that would have taken place before the start of, or after the collapse of the F9000.

I'm too aware that a LOT of people were and still hold a grudge against WipEout Fusion for more reasons than one.

I'm only midly defensive of the game in spite of being yet to play it because it was a potental 'first' buy for the WipEout games...had I bought it then and been witness to the backlash...well to be frank I'm not sure how I would have reacted then apart from immaturity.

Today, I see it as one more interesting chapter in the WipEout verse even if it's a controversal one. Deciet to my speculation seemed to be a game that in a sense would try to 'fix' fusion, being at an intersection between WipEout 3 and Fusion with the F8000 league.

One hint I took was the posters giving some potental exposition of self-awarness of the inheriet corrpution within the racing league that was pointed out in Pure's backstory in regards to Fusion. Deciet to me would have been more of this, but beyond that would have been mere speculation till any comfirmation.

If I had to guess, they might have gone step further compared to what we've seen in 2048, in that game, being aware of how it took place prior to the 1st WipEout, nods to the continuity were placed about be it the news feed on the various tracks, to other indications such as the logos for the teams, or the purposeful spelling of Piranha as Pir-hana. While it might have been either a mistake or some degree of self-awareness in Wip3out/Wipeout 3, it was very deliberate far as I can tell in 2048.

It's almost as if to say the Piranha team in WipEout 3 being (once again) based in Brazil was the 'real' team even though they always were such even (or espeically) during the years of being in China, retcons notwithstanding.

It could also be a chance to touch upon origins of teams that would have appeared in Fusion (Xios and EG-R) and teams that would appear much later down the line (such as Triakis or a team being a precursor to Mirage).

One other idea would be... well a league or leagues after the FX350/400...with the teams from the past games making a return along with some new additions, or even returning teams that were ommited in past games.

And well...I'll post more ideas in due time.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

That's an interesting concept, kinda like WipEout meets Motorstorm Apacalypse and Fallout, I would of liked to see a complete WipEout game that remakes all the tracks from the first 3 games and the psp, including every ship/craft from every league completely detailed and HD like Gran Turismo 5, including the inside of the cockpit.

However, I think more track DLC's (remade tracks from Pure and pulse) for WipEout HD would of been nice if SL was still here,

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rossriders_86

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy2048 View Post
    That's an interesting concept, kinda like WipEout meets Motorstorm Apacalypse and Fallout, I would of liked to see a complete WipEout game that remakes all the tracks from the first 3 games and the psp, including every ship/craft from every league completely detailed and HD like Gran Turismo 5, including the inside of the cockpit.

However, I think more track DLC's (remade tracks from Pure and pulse) for WipEout HD would of been nice if SL was still here,

That too... cause again, while I've only got the HD demo for the PS3, seeing that and Vineta K on Pure...as well as the other tracks from what videos I have seen, it's clear they (SL) didn't just copy/paste and upscale the tracks, they actually put effort into them in so many ways.

It would be nice to a see some HD re-visualized takes on some classic tracks.

Not to mention some whole new ones, a few ideas could be yet another lunar track, or even something in high earth-orbit. Or perhaps in a part of the world not covered, such as Africa (for Assegai for one) and while there was a track in Chile and Mexico, it would be something to try a track in Brazil (Piranha) or even a chance to revisit some old (timeline wise) locals such as Mega City, Nova State, and even some old Fusion locations.

Just throwing that out there.

Not very original, but a remake of the first game. The soundtrack intact, but just the visuals improved a 100 fold. That, with an 8 player multiplayer, cross-play with Vita and PS3 / PS4, and we're good to go.

Timezone
    GMT + 7

I know Wipeout is a series of arcade-style racing game that promote snap-reflex. But I'd like to have a AG racing simulator for once where crafts fly realistically, throwing it's weight around, braking and full damage simulation, parts malfunction and stuffs.
    But the thing is Wipeout universe is not realistic to begin with...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Quote Originally Posted by TypeProton View Post
    I know Wipeout is a series of arcade-style racing game that promote snap-reflex. But I'd like to have a AG racing simulator for once where crafts fly realistically, throwing it's weight around, braking and full damage simulation, parts malfunction and stuffs.
    But the thing is Wipeout universe is not realistic to begin with...
    But you didn´t know what could happen in future...
    And because of the fact,that you couldn´t know how such a craft would handle,you can´t say it´s unrealistic.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Deadmaned

Lightbulb

Looks like I have a better Idea for a WipEout game/ideas, consisting on threads I've posted. However, most of these ideas and elements are from other racing games like: GRID 1 & 2.

Startup: At least how a career would start out, you first begin racing on amateur races in amateur leagues like the FX150, until you soon get notice by the current 12 teams you would want to race for. You create a pilot with first and last name, age, gender and nationality, either it's yourself or a character . After choosing your team, your pilot will stay with that team, but you can create another pilot for another team if you want. As for Single Race, you can race any team craft or track including speed class, but some stuff would have to be unlocked in Career.

Ship Branding: Whatever team you've chosen, you can select pre-made livery for your craft with only the team colors to choose for any layer. Once done, you then select a squad or wingmen on this team for a random team-event on any track. you can soon race on your own entering events you want to race in, or continue with the pilot offers for a team squad.

Race events: Like any racing game, you start on the slowest speed class (Vector) and compete in a first event in your career, same event layout like WipEout HD. The more races you win, the more races and events you unlock, including bonus, club, or historical events.
    Bonus or Hidden Races: The usual: Personal events where you have to beat a certain objective like Time Trial, Speed Lap, Zone, Detonator, etc.
    Club Events: Club events are when you race against pilots on your own team or against other pilots from another single team, there is usually a hotshot pilot in these races that may give you trouble or difficulty, depending on their skill for a certain race mode and can appear in regualar events.
    Historical Events: These are special events where you can relive the days of the F-thousand leagues including the A.G.R.C.. However you must buy a craft for these certain events, "yes, you earn money or points like in WipEout Fusion", but only AG-craft for the team you're in, so some teams will not have these special events, depending on which era they were founded.

Ranking up/Upgrades: As you progress in your career, you earn more money or points to spend on upgrades for your craft, giving you access to higher speed class events. Winning more races will get you noticed by sponsors of the WipEout Universe or more made up ones (should be a thread). Whatever sponsor you've chosen, they will ask you to do a contract for any race you enter, whether being in the top 3, how far in the lead you're in, eliminations, etc. Whichever contract you complete, they will earn you more money/points.

Completing a season: There comes a time when a season will pass, and you are given an offer to race in the FX World Championships. Entering these events will earn you more money, and increase your rankings higher on a leaderboard, whether pilot rankings of hundreds of individual pilots around the world, or increase your team ranking against the other 11 teams. Entering these races also means your're racing against the best pilots on the current rank you're in, and completing every race in an event will give you the opportunity, to go head to head with a hotshot pilot between the rank you're on, whether from another team or on your own.

Teammates: further on the career, you will now hire 2 pilots for your own squad, slecting a pilot by their skills consisting on 4: Awareness, Aggression, Reaction, and Consistency by 0/10 skill points for each. In certain events, there are races that require a wingman/teammate and you can select which two you would like to race with you. You can fire/replace a pilot with better skills later on and depending on your rank.

I don't want to keep this going, but if you know what I'm talking about, based on the GRID games or others by Codemasters, then those are my ideas for a WipEout game including the last post I made on this thread. Agree or not, I think it would be interesting.
    Last edited by Synergy2048; 27th July 2013 at 09:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

My favourite feature would be something like a 24/7 Mode.Gameplay outer the races

Wink

There was a thread like this a few years back...it rocked and some amazing ideas in it

I want to see...

Track Designer - F-Zero got one on the 64DD, shame wipEout never

Ship Importer - Fully customisable, textures, weapons...everything

Multiple Ghosts - I think about 10 ghosts should be sufficient

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Off course:
    Cockpit-View