There's too many things I'd like to have in a WipEout game...but I suppose to start listing ideas...

One such was something I did touch upon in the WipEout deciet thread... a game that would have taken place before the start of, or after the collapse of the F9000.

I'm too aware that a LOT of people were and still hold a grudge against WipEout Fusion for more reasons than one.

I'm only midly defensive of the game in spite of being yet to play it because it was a potental 'first' buy for the WipEout games...had I bought it then and been witness to the backlash...well to be frank I'm not sure how I would have reacted then apart from immaturity.

Today, I see it as one more interesting chapter in the WipEout verse even if it's a controversal one. Deciet to my speculation seemed to be a game that in a sense would try to 'fix' fusion, being at an intersection between WipEout 3 and Fusion with the F8000 league.

One hint I took was the posters giving some potental exposition of self-awarness of the inheriet corrpution within the racing league that was pointed out in Pure's backstory in regards to Fusion. Deciet to me would have been more of this, but beyond that would have been mere speculation till any comfirmation.

If I had to guess, they might have gone step further compared to what we've seen in 2048, in that game, being aware of how it took place prior to the 1st WipEout, nods to the continuity were placed about be it the news feed on the various tracks, to other indications such as the logos for the teams, or the purposeful spelling of Piranha as Pir-hana. While it might have been either a mistake or some degree of self-awareness in Wip3out/Wipeout 3, it was very deliberate far as I can tell in 2048.

It's almost as if to say the Piranha team in WipEout 3 being (once again) based in Brazil was the 'real' team even though they always were such even (or espeically) during the years of being in China, retcons notwithstanding.

It could also be a chance to touch upon origins of teams that would have appeared in Fusion (Xios and EG-R) and teams that would appear much later down the line (such as Triakis or a team being a precursor to Mirage).

One other idea would be... well a league or leagues after the FX350/400...with the teams from the past games making a return along with some new additions, or even returning teams that were ommited in past games.

And well...I'll post more ideas in due time.