Thread: What are your dream ideas for WipEout.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    thekiwipome

Default What are your dream ideas for WipEout.

If you were to take on the WipEout franchise, what would you do with it? I had a thought whilst randomly drawing Triakis from WipEout HD and rendered it with a rusty metal appearance and I thought; WipEout Apocalypse. I thought about it a bit more and imagined that sometime after the FX400 the nukes rained down on the world and centuries later people salvaged AG craft from the FX300, 350 and 400 leagues to race again through derelict cities and the racetracks for survival.
    I think this would be a really fun game. The ability to modify your weapons and loadouts and that kind of malarki. I'd like to hear what you fellow racers think of this and drop in your own ideas; not necessarily about this one but what you would see in a future WipEout game.triakis post apocalyptic001.jpg
    Last edited by thekiwipome; 22nd May 2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: adding photo

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Oh man, if a WipEout game had a ship customization feature, that would be the greatest! You know, like with street racing games such as NFS Undercover, Most Wanted and the like. You should be able to basically modify all features of the ship including sponsors, decals, signs, environment logos, engines, aerodynamic and aesthetic features (like the shields that cover ships in Zone Battle mode in HD Fury), adding weapons which are exclusive to each team, and then the usual stuff like changing colors (with respect to each team's special color palette of course) etc. That would be my one and only dream for WipEout games, everything else is just perfect.

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

^that would be awesome. Super weapons for the new games FTW!

Although there probably won't be a new game

Realistically I don't know if WO would make a good post-apocalyptic racer. How would you salvage the kind of energy necessary to make AG possible in a ruined wasteland? It would be much more complicated than fighting over petrol like in Mad Max.

If you want a good post-apocalpytic sci fi racer (and a very pure one at that) try Ubisoft's "Pod" which came out on PC in 1997. It's very gritty and futuristic. I would love to see a remake of that with added 3rd person shooter and RPG elements, where you could explore the ruined cities on foot between races, engage in gang warfare and salvage fuel and parts for your vehicle.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

What one could do for customization and more open environments a la 2048, I think, is set a WipEout game at the big AG revivals before PurE in the timeline. You could have lots of different frames and components and stuff suggesting the looser rules sets, including super weapons, a few different companies that we see disappear before the FX150 league, stuff like that.

PSN ID
    megatomik_12A

All I want is a even more improved WipeOut HD for PS4. Anything would do it at this point...