Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What are your dream ideas for WipEout.

PSN ID
    TheMammalizer

A game like 2097 / Xl would be good. I liked the atmosphere of the game. Too bad a new wipeout is near impossible

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Definitely gotta love that dark, gritty cyberpunk style atmosphere. I think after Fusion though, the games went a little 'lighter' in terms of the overall tone. Pure was the one that started it where it had really sunny, colorful and upbeat environments (which I also freakin' love). Pulse kinda strayed away for a bit, but it was back in HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    MDAym777

Why not have ALL THE TRACKS and ALL THE SHIPS in HD? (I mean, faithful reproductions of the circuits in High Definition. Not like how HD's forward Metropia is actually Metropia Black in Pulse. And how the reversed variant has the vertical mag-lock section, instead of the small jumps in Pulse.)

At least the original, 2097, 64(yes, I know it's a remaster of WipEout and 2097), and W3SE(minus the classic league, and with the drag racing). The career mode would have the grid system of Pulse and HD, and the game modes of the newer games (such as Speed Lap, Zone, and HD's Eliminator), while also having Pure's free play mode, with Racebox . If the developer is feeling indulgent, there could also be a custom grid league tournament system in place in a way similar to Pulse, but online. That would go along with custom racetrack making.

If some actually wants it, there could be the challenge system in place, which would be both available in Career mode and Racebox. Also, photo mode would be available.

EDIT: The ships would also be customizable, both visually and performance-wise, in a similar manner as the Need For Speed remake, where it could be possible to put that Odessa Keys cat decal anywhere on the craft, meaning you can plaster that absolutely SWEET FEISAR with that decal.

EDIT 2: Also, Racebox could have a configurable number of laps for Single Race mode, like Gran Turismo. Both Racebox and Career races would give you credits, again, like Gran Turismo. Lastly, I concur with a previous poster about randomizable pads in race tracks. I don't know about physics, but the original's collisions just kill me.
    Last edited by hmetal2001; 21st July 2016 at 07:21 PM.

PSN ID
    scalliano

Just throwing a few ideas out there ...

I know the games themselves don't really take in the series lore to any great degree, if at all, but how about a spinoff game centred around the amateur FX150 league serving as a prequel to PurE? Most likely a cut-price digital-only game aimed at introducing new/inexperienced players to the series. These games are known for having a steep learning curve and something a bit on the more inviting side could be fun, especially if it were to include that most novel of concepts, local multiplayer. wipEout Levity, anyone?

Another idea, expanding upon one mentioned above, would be an amalgamation of 2097 and 64 (yes, I'm aware of 64's tracks being edits of the previous PS1 games, but I reckon they're significantly different to warrant inclusion). This extends to the soundtracks, especially if it means proper high quality versions of PC Music's contributions to 64. Add in a proper career mode, Zone, Elimination, Racebox and 64's all-important 4-player split screen along with an option for oldskool visuals a la the Halo remasters and you're gold. Call it something like wipEout 5000 and throw it up on PSN for £15. I'd buy it. Actually, you know what? Just chuck in the original wipEout tracks, too. The more, the merrier.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Sony needs to release a new WipEout game once the Omega Collection is released. They seriously can't just ignore on such an anticipated franchise for years.

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

Of course they can, if it isn't profitable enough. Omega is kind of ground testing - Sony wants to see, if WipEout as a franchise is worth developing, or should they go on and work on something else, something that will make much more money. As you look at the sales of previous WipEout games, the second option however, is much more likely to become true. But still, there is hope. This time, it has some marketing job done, also PS4 platform is pretty popular. The last but not least is that kind of AG renaissance, it should have impact on Omega selling too.

All WipEout games ever on Steam.
    With achievements and extras.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Carcide_027

A Track Editor/Creator.

PSN ID
    scalliano

Or, just bring back Pulse's ship skin editor.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'd settle for a retro track pack. Sure, some of the earlier tracks would be hell, but I'd love to see Gare d'Europa and/or Silverstream beautifully redone in HD. Imagine if the tracks had the appearance of having been refurbished as well, as if the league allocated its resources to renovating tracks that have since been left derelict in their respective locations.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

Wipeout Nexus for the PS4 after the Omega Collection. XDev should really revive the beloved series, with revamped tracks and teams, even maybe Arial Tetsuo's legacy.

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    MDAym777

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapether View Post
    I'd settle for a retro track pack. Sure, some of the earlier tracks would be hell, but I'd love to see Gare d'Europa and/or Silverstream beautifully redone in HD. Imagine if the tracks had the appearance of having been refurbished as well, as if the league allocated its resources to renovating tracks that have since been left derelict in their respective locations.
    Or the "neo-tronic" thing gets better. A far better retcon imo.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Now with Omega Collection being a thing - which is basically just 2048 on the PS4 including DLCs, I'd love a huge megapack of WipEout games. Remaster of all titles into one (and dare the devs would introduce shield energy into the F3600)

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    MDAym777

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    (and dare the devs would introduce shield energy into the F3600)
    They could use the mass stat for shield, I guess.

EDIT: And Sinucit in HD would look awesome. Definitely a ton of screenshots will be taken
    Last edited by hmetal2001; 21st May 2017 at 11:45 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I mean that they should not do that in case though

PSN ID
    WipEout_F7200

I'd like to see some of those future cars shown in the 2048 intro... perhaps add a few modes based on them.

Also i would add a cloking device for use in eliminator, and develop some more wider tracks & eliminator battle areanas.

oh and perhaps install a boost function like hydro thunder... but that might be a bit too much.

PSN ID
    n8thegreatest

I know some people didn't like the slightly less futuristic environments in 2048, but I thought it was a brilliant idea to inject something "new" (so to speak) into the series.

With that in mind, I think a great way to keep breathing life into the series is to eventually have it move off of Earth entirely. Zipping around alien planets would be really cool, and there would be endless opportunities for inventive/weird/interesting visuals.

Another thing I think would be great would be a practice mode where you can slow down the gameplay. Like set the game at 20% speed and practice all the corners and how you use air breaks really slowly. Some of the Guitar Hero games did this, and it made a huge difference in learning the songs.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Maybe not slow down, but how about have a training mode that visually indicates optimal lines (given 2048 kind of does this with speed pads)? That wiggle-wobble pilot assist bullsh!t certainly isn't helping new pilots.

They did make a track that was off Earth. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Spilskinanke supposedly on Mars or something like that?

I personally don't think the alien planet thing would catch on, but I did like the terrain stuff on Fusion. Avoiding trees was a lot of fun, and the ice effects were fun too (though the physics didn't make sense: anti-grav ships don't "slide around" on ice).

I'd like to see more open terrain tracks like they have in FAST RMX, just with Wipeout physics and weapons. I also really liked the track changes they had in Fusion. They were kind of like the skillcuts, but had to be activated to access. Taking a shortcut, and then closing off the entrance would be a fun (and annoying) addition.

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

I would appreciate the addition of more airtime in the tracks. As in 2048 Sol/Altima levels of airtime. Really, when ships can go so fast to the point of catching flight mid-race, why not leverage on that for even more hype?

I would also like to see the addition of "guest" teams from other videogame series like they did with Pure. Personally I'd bring companies such as the Neucom Incorporated and General Resource Limited from Project Aces' Ace Combat 3. They have some neat designs that could work as AG ships, such as the R-311 Remora and the UI-4054 Aurora.

https://i.imgur.com/wgVQxZR.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/R8YQaQP.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

WipEout x Ace Combat crossover really needs to happen at some point in some form. Considering that Ace Combat also is home on the PlayStation (but not exclusively anymore) that even more needs to happen.

Now to pin it down to one request I really have for any game ever maybe happening: More background material. Like, WO1 and Fusion levels of plot. Real pilots, actually faces you can think to a craft on the track.