Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: European Wipeout Convention 7

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Kings Cross and St Pancras share the same Underground station, so Russell Square is just one stop away
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 8th July 2013 at 09:09 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Oh I guess I can walk then
    Thanks Hellfire.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    If anyone's coming in to any other airport, let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by AmigoJack View Post
    I'm arriving on Thursday, 11th at 12:10 on LCY
    Oh yeah, go on ignoring me... I already found out that I just buy an Oyster card and take one of the DLRs. I see the majority of us is arriving on Thursday already - can we have a timetable of who arrives when? Or asked in another way: where should we meet when? I consider waiting at the hostel for others as wasted as long as I don't know for how long I wait.

Everything else is set for me:
    • I know how to get away from LCY,
    • know how to get to LHR (blue Piccadilly line, which seems to go only every hour on Sunday evening...?)
    • got 2 power adapters,
    • 20 racing time sheets are printed (after 4 years I finally fixed Iridia),
    • got two credit cards and
    • have my own visitor's guide.
    Did I miss anything?

@Temet: since you seem to go by train - can I get some toothpaste and shower gel from you over there? I also thought about going by train, but that would be a ride of 6,5h at least for me.

@Mad: I hope we do - traditionally most contenders were up all night and then sleeping most of the day. Good thing we're all getting older!

@dream & Hell:
    The common room there is very large and could easily accommodate the tournaments, but I am going to get in contact with Loading Bar in Soho to see if they have the capacity to do it as well. They're a gaming bar so it would be ideal.
    I found no news to that, so I guess it'll be either a surprise or a spontaneous decision.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by AmigoJack View Post
    Oh yeah, go on ignoring me...
    The post you are referring to is over a month old and two pages back. There's a difference between ignoring and not noticing. My post was a generic non-targeted guide for anyone coming into the airports that 9/10 flights coming into London will be landing in and for people to let me know if they needed help getting in from anywhere else. All you had to do if you needed help was refer me back to that post and I would have updated it, especially considering your original post did not request travel help. But it seems you already know your way. I have updated it anyway in the very unlikely event that anyone else is coming in to City Airport (it's very small and mainly used for business flights). Anyway, the Piccadilly line to Heathrow on Sunday runs every 10 minutes, so you shouldn't have any problems on that front.

As for Loading, I will send them a message this week just to see if there'll be comfortable room for you all. If you get there early or go during working hours then I'm sure there will be. We don't have to book or anything, it's just letting them know that there could be a fairly large party descending on them. I should warn you though that if you do go, their cocktails are bloody lethal as me and Ami found out at the Gaming Den!

On an unrelated note, as Thursday will be the social day, how would the idea of a bit of ten-pin bowling grab you all? There's a fairly new alley in Stratford by the Olympic Park and I'd be able to meet you on my way from work if you wanted

And finally, if anyone wants my mobile number while you're over here, send me a PM.
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 9th July 2013 at 06:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Dreamer and AJ : you cannot enter the room without me. The room is linked to my visa card.
    I should arrive pretty early, around 15h30 I guess.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I wish you all a great convention!
    Good news on my end prevented me from coming this time, but there's always next year, right?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I hope so.
    I will miss you mate!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

@Guillaume: too bad that you can't come this year... It's almost impossible that Wipeout community will disappear in the next year or even decade, so see you next time

@Temet: OK, understood

I'm coming with the WizzAirs Icaras and arriving tomorrow on 7:30am (yeah sick time!) at Luton airport, so I think it will take me around 2,5h to get to the London city center. I guess I don't need help with transportation but if there is something I should know Hellfire please tell me . So I should be at the hostel around 10am but since nobody will be there I guess I will do some sightseeing until 15:00 - Joining me at this time is strongly recommended

See you guys tomorrow!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Luton is pretty easy. There's a short rail trip from the airport to Luton Airport Parkway. Take the First Capital Connect to St Pancras, and then do the same as Temet

I've also got the go ahead from Loading, they're more than happy to have us all! They'll also have several other consoles there if you fancy giving something else a go for a bit too. I may even bring along some of the older games on Saturday if you'd like

The address of the bar is 53 Rupert Street, Soho, London W1D 7PH. The actual venue name itself is MADD, but Loading have pretty much taken it over now.
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 10th July 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Hi everyone
    I will spare your time and not going into vast explanation, I only went through an epic month that almost led me to cancel EWC7.
    When I realised I could make it, I failed at finding a dorm for 3 nights at SRS, I never gave up and eventually on saturday I got them
    Guaranteed now that I am coming!
    Nonetheless I am dealing with SRS manager to be in the same room with you friends but it's not already won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    from Paris it's easier to come by train
    Usually I should have come with you David, but when I checked the price it was purely insane so I ended up with ferries which is not a bad idea at all : Brittany ferries are at 15 min from my home and 3H 45 later I am at Portsmouth, I need to find a train ticket to St Pancras though.
    Only thing I know is my arrival time at Portsmouth 3.15 pm UK time tomorrow.
    Funny thing : my departure time on sunday is 7...am
    Need to find the best solution to get there on time

I am looking forward to meet ya all that's gonna be a blast!

Thx Charlie for your direction help. It would be cool to see you again after those 5 years, is it?

Amiqo (the q is in purpose, Amigo, will tell you more about this kind of subliminal advertising ) I can also provide you my famous shower gel it's organic (please don't misread this with any words starting with orga and ended up by ic)

Btw I am bringing my vita and a psp.
    Copies of Pure and Pulse
    A power socket so we can plug our 220 V devices
    A plug adapter
    A bluetooth speaker
    No laptop or tablet.

I am also looking for a uk simcard with prepaid content, any idea of the cheapest and where to buy it (St pancras perhaps?)
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 10th July 2013 at 01:16 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Arnaud, if you're getting the train from Portsmouth I believe you'll be coming into Waterloo. If that's the case, you could get the Northern line to Leicester Square, and then the Piccadilly line to Russell Square. If you're meeting people at St Pancras then you only need to stay on the Piccadilly for one more stop to Kings Cross

Has it really been five years!? Where's the bloody time gone?

BTW everyone, if you're planning to make extensive use of the Underground while you're here, I would strongly advise you to print off or grab one of these if you're unfamiliar with it - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.pdf

I live in London and would like to take part but I lost my PSP a while ago. Any options for an outsider? Thanks

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'd imagine there'll be some spares available, this lot think of everything

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thanks Charlie. You are right ill probably arrive at WAT and follow your tips.
    About the UK simcard any suggestions?
    I'll use my smartphone wifi at the hotel but I'm also bringing my thaï nokia which is a banger lol but useful to phone at the right price when you're abroad.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thumbs up

Piccadilly line to Heathrow on Sunday runs every 10 minutes
    tfl.gov.uk planner says otherwise in terms of not changing trains - what am I missing here? Also no insult intended - was only sarcasm.

As for your bowling: why not? Although if weather is fine I'd rather spend the evening open air in case you know a good location.

Great news with Loading - I hope you just catch us at the hostel and then we're coming with you to the location instead of meeting there?

Quote Originally Posted by Temet View Post
    you cannot enter the room ... 15h30
    So we might meet up at 16:00 there - I think Asa will need even longer until he shows up there.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerx View Post
    sightseeing until 15:00 - Joining me at this time is strongly recommended
    Ohw yeah - I also planned to start exploring London before hitting up at Russell Square. Since I arrive at 12:10 chances are good to reach i.e. The Tower at 13:00. I'm in for everything: Westminster, Buckingham Palace, St. Pauls, The Mall, Hyde Park...

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    my departure time on sunday is 7...am
    Always you come up with such crazy shirt. I guess that night you won't sleep at all. Also thanks in advance for your personal orgasms I'll enjoy while showering...

Quote Originally Posted by AGphantom View Post
    take part
    Every spontaneous contender was welcome so far - I guess you either contact Hell or stick to this thread to know when we are where...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Here you go - all the way through on the Piccadilly line, departs every 10 minutes - http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use..._TRIP_REQUEST2

Also, no worries, I guess it doesn't come across well in text

Unfortunately, I am still at work this week so will only be able to meet you all tomorrow from about 4:30 onwards for a couple of hours or so, I won't be able to get to you on Friday. Saturday though I'll be around pretty much all day, and I'm also meeting a friend in London on the Sunday and may be back at Loading anyway. As I said, if you need any help with anything during that time, pop me a PM and I'll send you my mobile number.

Arnaud - is your phone unlocked? If so, then pretty much any PAYG simcard will work. They're all as good as one another I think, but certainly stick to the well known ones like Vodafone, EE and O2.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

@Hellfire: thanks for the travel info! I will take all old Wipeouts also in case if we would be able to play them at Loading.

@Asa: Good to hear that you are able to make it! Can't miss any EWC huh? Awesome.

@AJ: We can meet just after you will be in London somewhere, just tell me where and at what time exactly. Since I was in London already the place doesn't matter for me just pick some place that you would like to see first. Can you turn on that IM app that we were talking on some time ago? It would be easier to talk

Damn, I'm still not prepared, but I should be better at Pure and Pulse (PSP ones are less played WOs if it comes to me) than last time

@AGphantom: Definitely come. Does anyone can take his spare PSP for AGphantom? I have only one.

// EDIT: forgor to say, I'm okay with bowling, but like the AmigoJack I would prefer spending that time outside. I just come up with the idea of go-karts I really like them and it's somehow connected to Wipeout. Maybe we could find those in London? What do you all think about it?
    Last edited by dreamerx; 10th July 2013 at 06:38 PM.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Loading has a PS3 so yep, you will be able to play the old ones. In fact, if anyone has a disk version of HD that'll do it as well!

Recommendation. It'll cost you £25 for the priviledge, but if you want the best view of the whole of London, go to the top of the Shard at London Bridge. It's one of the tallest buildings in Europe and has a viewing platform at the top. If everyone was okay with spending that sort of money and wanted to do it, it would be the perfect photo opportunity for the group

There is a karting track near Mile End, £25 per head, but it has to be booked in advance. If you wanted to do it tomorrow though I wouldn't be able to join you as I'd be in work clothes. http://www.revolutionkarting.com/
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 10th July 2013 at 06:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

@Hellfire: OK then I will take HD also And thank you for the info about Shard! Amigo/All what do you think about it? Maybe we could go there all together?

About go-kart thing: I know that is quite late for this kind of idea but IMO it would be awesome to go there. If anyone don't have European allowed driving license or something don't be afraid go-karts don't need them of course. I still don't have mine either Skill in Wipeout really helps in go-karts I was really surprised how easy it is when I've jumped into one for the first time. Hell maybe if all would agree to go there you will take spare cloths for change? Is it possible?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Yeah, I could do that Only thing I'd be concerned about though is the availability as it would be quite short notice if you wanted to do it tomorrow. If everyone is up for it then I'm happy to call them and see what's what, but obviously the sooner the better. If the worst comes to the worst, the weather's gonna be great for the whole weekend so we've got plenty of time to get a session in