Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: European Wipeout Convention 7

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Im having a hell time getting accommodation, mainly because I actually suck at numbers and reading things without going mad lol. Any help would be appreciated. I'll be down on the Friday I think if I get the accommodation sorted. Where abouts is everyone meeting???

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I don't need to be on the list, I work in London

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Asa and I had a talk. We can pay for the people that are going to stay for the full 3 nights. We will go into the 9 persons room. We will book under the name of wipeoutzone. It will be 70 pounds per night.

Shall we book for:

Dreamerx
    Temet
    AmigoJack
    Asayyeah
    Mad-Ice

Please Knux and Kappeskopp book your nights yourself and if you guys want to stay in the same room?! Tell them it's the 9 persons room where the wipeoutzone crew is staying.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kappeskopp

It's ok for me,i will book in one hour.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

@Mad-Ice: Great, so book for me please Should we send you guys the money now or we can give you the cash on the place?

@Hellfire: I need to know if I should bring my PS3 with me so I will be able to book plane tickets. And what about this gaming bar? Did you checked if it would be possible to crash with our consoles and play the tournament there?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Ok guys,

Asa is having some personal issue at the moment
    I have been in touch with Mad-Ice then.

I booked the hotel for 4 people. I haven't been asked names except mine.
    The 4 people are supposed to be AJ, DreamerX, Mad-Ice and me.
    It's a 6 beds room.
    You won't get in without me, since only my credit card can open the doors for you (I'd rather not get ill)!

It's already paid, you'll pay me back when on site

See you guys.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Finally booked the rooms! Temet is so kind to pay in advance for: Dreamerx, AmigoJack, Temet himself and for me. Yihaa! Big hug mate.

Now there is also some sad news. At this point Asa is not going to join us, for a reason he will tell later on. Maybe he will join us after all, but it will be a last minute decision.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Lol same time posting as Temet.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thanks alot, Mad/Temet. Do you want the money in GBP or EUR? I'm pretty optimistic to get GBP without additional costs in cash using my VISA cc.

I'll bring my PSP with both games and two Euro/Schuko to UK power plug adapters. Should I bring copies of the tournament racing times list again? Should I update them somehow?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Yay! Thanks a lot guys! I'm going to book my flight tickets tomorrow. I've just wrote the message to G'kyl about EWC - maybe he didn't noticed this thread.

@AmigoJack, my poor VISA Electron (debit card) has some additional costs but maybe it's my bank case. Anyway it's working in UK without any problems

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Euros are fine... if I don't spend the £ I will lose the money otherwise.
    For 3 nights, price is 81.97£, meaning 96.5€ at the moment.
    Be aware that the hotel will ask each of us 10£ as a caution. We'll get the money back if we don't ruin the room

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Damn, I really wish I could go to this, but I can't go because I'm only 15 and in Australia, though it would be such an honour to meet all of you!

I gotta hope like hell there will be another convention in 3 years time!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Forget Aussie, I'm in a tiny little country that barely anyone acknowledges. I'm your neighbour TheConzio. And yes, it would be a huge honour to meet you guys.

But I suppose I can still play online with you guys from the other corner of the world?

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Guise, this is the 7th meeting already. Why should we not have a 10th? Just keep on growing - I have no intentions to skip meeting in 2016 again!

However, you're not european, so... you can't contend anyway. Hrhr! Just kidding. An Australian would be the farest one who ever made it. Until now DJ Techno from the US seems to be the one with the longest distance...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes please AmigoJack, if want to edit the track order of Pure, then I will be very happy. Just let HD/Fury be on the sheet eventhough we will probably not play them this year. Also, I will bring 2 uk poweradaptors, extensioncables, psps and enough games.

Like AmigoJack said: there will always be another convention. Either in the USA, Europe or maybe even Australia some day. It's always an honour to meet new pilots or old

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Let's have one in Shanghai, I always wanted to go there

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Damned, I started to play Street Fighter after giving up on the series since... well, Super Street Fighter 2!
    My plans on training on Wipeout have been ruined with SSF4 training

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Soooo.... not much time left. Is there any timetable for the tournament (what editions? only PSP ones?) Do we now the place where we would be able to sit and play?

@Temet: I'm also big fan of the series, it's my favorite fighting series actually. Did you checked 3rd Strike? I strongly recommend that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSMEVhPvTY amazing!), it's the last true 2D SF with modified game mechanics and repainted characters. There is even PS3 edition with online multiplayer mode - which rox. Also there is SF x Tekken game, which is really fun and great game although I'm not fan of the gem system, it's more dynamic than IV but on the other hand it allows even more stupid mashing than IV for beginners and but anyway check it out if you didn't. I've had ton of fun with it

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The time table will be pretty much the same as previous years! Thursdaynight: getting to know each other, talking, drinking, dancing, playing pool and maybe a late night warm-up session of Pure.

Fridaynight: Pure
    Saturdaynight: Pulse

So during the day we can do some side seeing. This year we will not be able to play HD/Fury because there are too little UK pilots coming or able to host such a tour, unfortunately.

But no matter what we will have fun together

See yall soon, greetz Mad-Ice

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Hey guys, just a little travel information if you're flying in and it's your first time in London.

The hostel is in Russell Square, which has its own Underground station on the Piccadilly line. There's a fairly straightforward route there from every airport, but here's how to get there from the three major ones:

HEATHROW
    Easy, take the Piccadilly line all the way to Russell Square However, this is a really long ride. If you're willing to splash out a bit more on travel and want to shave off 10-15 minutes, get the Heathrow Connect to Paddington (don't bother with the Heathrow Express, it's VERY expensive). Then take the Circle or Hammersmith & City line to Kings Cross, and then the Piccadilly to Russell Square.

GATWICK
    Take the Gatwick Express to Victoria. From there, take the Victoria line to Green Park, and then the Piccadilly line to Russell Square

STANSTED
    Take the Stansted Express to Liverpool Street. Then you have two options. You can take the Central line to Holborn and then the Piccadilly line to Russell Square. Or you can take the Circle, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan lines to Kings Cross, and then the Piccadilly line to Russell Square.

CITY AIRPORT
    Take the Docklands Light Railway to Bank, then the Central line to Holborn and the Piccadilly line to Russell Square.

If anyone's coming in to any other airport, let me know
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 9th July 2013 at 06:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

And from the train station Londres St Pancras ? Easy also?

Yes I know English people like beeing on an Island but from Paris it's easier to come by train