Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: European Wipeout Convention 7

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Waiting to hear if RR can get the time off work (praying he manages, if not I'll write him a sick line lol) If He cant go, I'll be alone and terrified lol. You guys want cupcakes???

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks Knux! is a tradition which Kappeskopp started during our conventions. It will be very difficult for him to bring the cake by plane! So I am already voting for you to take up this honour

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Good luck Knux, Kappeskopp's cake is the most delicious cake in the world... in the UNIVERSE!!!!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

I'm so sad to tell you we can't come. Flint got a new job for a few weeks and I reactivated an old hobby, therefore this trip will be too expensive for both of us. We hope to meet you next year.

I'll finish my exam season on the 14th... Oh the bad luck... Next year can you place it more in the 20's of July? xD

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Don't count me in for playing, but since it's local I will come say hello if I'm welcome

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Sad to hear Renn and Flint, Xpand can't come Old hobby, mmmm? Curious, I like hobbies Slotracing, making music and painting myself.

Great Yeldar to hear you are going to visit us

Please Hellfire_WZ, can you give some details on the hostel and LOADING!

We are with 7 pilots for sure:

1. Temet
    2. Dreamerx
    3. Knux_Chaotix
    4. Asayyeah
    5. Kappeskopp
    6. Hellfire_WZ
    7. Mad-Ice

If you can book those spots for sure and we will wait for more to come in.

There are some maybe's!! Come on guys and girls, let me hear from you.

Greetz Mad-Ice

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

It's not looking good for me I'm sad to say Currently I won't be able to take the time off work I need a little more notice with things like this because of the holiday booking system used at my work. You see the month of July is fully booked out for holiday, most likely the parents who take their kids on holiday when the schools are out so there are no more hours to give out.

Sometimes it is possible for me to get holidays at a month or twos notice but usually in the quieter months.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Maybe we should add a post about this event in "Announcements and News" sub-forum? Because I think that this thread may be unnoticed for many of the WipeoutZone members since thread is visible to only logged users and probably big part of community is checking only public threads without signing in (like me was for a really long time ). Maybe we can go even further and write about this meeting on some "regular" gaming forum, what do you think? Or maybe there is such thread and I missed it?

In worst case we will end up with one group during tournament - which would be not so bad for me because even without proper training I would be for sure in same group with the best pilots (if rules would be the same)

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Guys, I have had serious issues finding accommodation for those dates, and this is the only place I can find within central London that still has places left. However, it has significantly fewer than the last time I checked a few days ago! If you're in, you need to book pretty much now. Here's the link to the hostel

http://www.smartbackpackers.com/host...stel/index.htm

The common room there is very large and could easily accommodate the tournaments, but I am going to get in contact with Loading Bar in Soho to see if they have the capacity to do it as well. They're a gaming bar so it would be ideal.

As the Pilots Lounge is a restricted forum, I have also moved the thread to the Announcements forum.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

@Mad-Ice: I was riding horses in the past and now with the first one of my own.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thanks for leaving a message on my phone, Mad - otherwise I would have surely missed this announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    Thursday 11th of July untill Sunday the 14th of July
    This collides a bit with another planned trip, so I have to check and report back if it really makes sense. Just looked up flights, which are ~224 EUR at reasonable times (which means: arriving on Thursday afternoon and departing on Sunday evening) and I think the price is okay. I'm curious how others plan their arrival/departure times. 3 years ago in Paris most people left on Sunday morning, which gave me a few hours to explore the city - and that's what I aim at again...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    The reviews give me the creeps! It's pretty similar to our oldschool location Hans Brinker in Amsterdam which was cheap to sleep and play at, but also cheap in every other aspect. I guess we have no choice at all?

Hell, could you please visit it beforehand to get an own impression? I mean, both photos from the hostel itself and from guests look quite okay (the bunk beds remind me to Paris), but they don't reflect any atmosphere or staff behaviour. Thank you.

Also: what's the game plan? If there are only PSPs I'd be pretty bored (yes, I'm a bit sick of those games), if there are Vitas I can't contend (don't got one and even if there's a spare one, I have no experience). In other words: no PS3s will reduce my interest in playing at all (the 5th convention was no problem, as we played PSX versions, too).

Aside from those "problems" I'm surely anticipating to see you all again, of course! And to finally visit London. If someone else is thinking the same (playing doesn't matter, let's see the outside) it would help me, of course!

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Is anyone else from my end of the country going?? Would be epic if I had a travel buddy

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

very nearly attended previously, but ultimately never made it for a few years now, not through a lack of desire I might add.

this could (and should) be the year I finally get to say hello

hope to see you there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kappeskopp

Shall i book by myself or you book for all of us?I arrive on friday 12.07 at seven am at Stansted and leave on sunday 14.07 at six fifty pm.
    Greats Marcus.

- - - Updated - - -

Shall i book by myself or you book for all of us?I arrive on friday 12.07 at seven am at Stansted and leave on sunday 14.07 at six fifty pm.
    Greats Marcus.

im in

temet be sure to bring padded cloths and a helmet with you. we dont want a repeat of last year

EDIT: i just got back from the pub and my friends decided to move our beer pong torney to the 13th . so i will have a look at train times and see if i can come for the day/evening on the 12th
    Last edited by Mr Phlanj; 6th June 2013 at 01:19 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

So guys what we are doing with the accommodation? I've done a quick check for other hostels but didn't found anything special. If you guys would find something or just decide to book the hostel proposed by Hellfire I'm in. One thing that I would like to mention is that I was staying in hostel in London around year ago for the lowest price and it wasn't nice experience - so this time I can pay more for better accommodation Maybe we should do a list of people who needs booking and one of us will make the booking for all? I will start

Kappeskopp! - 12th - 14th (2 nights)
    DreamerX - 11th-14th (3 nights)

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thumbs up

Oh yes, please!

I'm arriving on Thursday, 11th at 12:10 on LCY and
    I'm leaving on Sunday, 14th at 20:00 on LHR.

Protip: seems like I'll have no problem using my VISA card to get money over there. Going to buy 2 power adapters.

Looking forward to you all again, especially dreamer, mad Asa and Mad.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Great initiative dreamerx and superb to hear you are coming Amigo, hyper!

Arriving 11th and leaving 14th.

We will have to tell the people at the hostel we are One group and that we want to share rooms. Same booking. Tell them we are the wipeoutzone group. Tomorrow Asa, temet and I will contact the hostel.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

@AmigoJack - thanks and same here
    @Mad-Ice - awesome! thanks!

To summarize a little bit there are still some maybes, but most of us so far are sure about
    going to EWC and some of us already organized their travel to London - that's great.

Hellfire - 11-14
    Mad-Ice - 11-14
    Temet - 11-14
    DreamerX - 11-14
    Knux_Chaotix - 11?-14?
    Asayyeah - 11-14
    Kappeskopp - 12-14
    Amigo Jack - 11-14
    Aeralys - 12?-14? Do you know already if you can make it?
    Mr Phlanj - 12?
    AquaAura - ?
    DJ Techno - ?
    zeeZ - ?
    lovedr - ?
    yeldar2097 - coming to say hello probably

Is that correct?

Next thing is, who is taking what to London (I mean hardware and games )? What about PS3's and screens?
    Because in cheap airlines it's probably better to make booking with registered luggage instead of taking big bag with you into the plane - some airlines like Ryanair not always like big bags on the board.

I can take at least one big console (PS3 for sure), PSP, PS Vita. Games: Almost all Wipeout editions. But probably won't be able to take any TV/LCD monitor with me.