Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: European Wipeout Convention 7

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

I've just arrived. Also really tired but it was worth of that I've had really great time with you guys. Thanks for all for showing up and keeping conventions alive! More tomorrow, need to prepare some food for myself, take a bath then sleep since I need to wake up early morning...

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thumbs up

Came home 30min ago after walking miles on the Frankfurt airport thanks to a mistake of the staff. Will sleep now, too, and report back in a few days. To sum it up: this was the "hottest" convention ever (in terms of transpirations) and I'd hate to have missed it!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Thumbs up Photos!

I've collected photos from my camera and phone, here they are: https://plus.google.com/photos/10621...CJHyzYTS_rGdew - let me know if I should remove some photos from the gallery

Quick summary:
    Thursday: Came really early at Luton at 7:30am so before 10 I was already in the city center. I was walking near the Thames, Shard and London Bridge but I became quickly tired so I've just sat my ass on the bench where I could see the Shard building from the opposite side of the river. Then I went to meet AmigoJack but somehow we missed each other so I've just went to the Hostel. At the reception desk I realized that I've forgotten Temets name so it was hard for me to explain who made the booking for me haha - sorry Temet, now I will remember so I was waiting inside for about an hour, then I decided to walk a bit and I've met Temet on stairs reading book, he was already in the hostel but in our room. Then AmigoJack showed up. Later on Asa joined us and after that we went to grab something to eat and drink. After few beers Asa has got the message from Mad-Ice saying that he is near the Hostel so few of us went for him and together we walked back to the bar where inside we've spent most of time then.
    Friday was the Pure tournament day, Kappeskopp came and we've checked Loading bar where we played tournament that night. Also AGphantom showed up to play with us, unfortunately we didn't have much time to know each other since we started around 9pm and finished just few minutes before closing. Since the metro is working till ~12:30 we've splitted with AGphantom and went back to the hostel. Kappeskopp won as you all already know - congrats again man!
    During the Saturday we've played the Pulse tournament, but before tournament Hellfire joined us under the hostel. Together we've went to eat something and then went straight to the Loading Bar. Well almost straight since I've had to go back to the hostel for the power splitter and Pulse UMD so together with Kappeskopp we've taken the metro for those things. Then we've played the tournament which MadIce won - congratulations! After the tournament we've have went altogether to the restaurant near the Thames. After eating, chatting and drinking we went to the underground station to say goodbye to Asa. Just after we've went back to the hostel tired.
    On Sunday after 10am (checkout time) together with AJ we've said goodbye to Kappeskop, Temet and Mad-Ice and went to meet Hellfire under the Shard tower. I was lucky and bought the ticket for view point from someone that have spare one for only 10pounds instead of 25 . The view from the shard was really nice it was even possible to see suburbs from there and of course all of the main "attractions" of London - you can see this on my photos Then together with amigo we went to Westminster to see Big Ben and then to eat something since I was hungry. After eating some pizza (without cheese of course ) we went to Oxford street since Amigo wanted something from there. Then we've splitted and I went to King Cross station to take a train to Luton. On the Airport I've had some time so I've played Pure for 1h - I've started practicing for the next year haha

For me this convention was great even though we've not played my favorite WO's it was all about the people, playing together and the atmosphere. The Loading bar (MADD actually) was rocking since we've had a nice spot there to play and the overall atmosphere of the bar was nice. I'm hoping to see you guys again the next year and of course new and old-new faces too!

Cheers!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kappeskopp

Hi guys,
    finally I`m back home too.After only 5 hours sleep in my Gulliver`s bed and 12 hours work i`m ready to write my short post.
    It was a great convention and every year gets more family and it is nice to welcome new members of the family.
    I felt happy winning pure tournament with the medievil.
    Wishing you all the best and hope to see you and many others next year.

Greets,

Marcus

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

@dreamerx: thanks for sharing the photos. They're great.

I wish I could have been there. I'm looking forward to see you next year.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

A quick note for the future: there's no date for the gamescon 2014 yet. However, official school holiday in Cologne are from 2014-07-07 to 2014-08-19.

This year's gamescon is from 2013-08-21 to 2013-08-25 and they collide with this year's summer school holidays (2013-07-22 to 2013-09-03) - if I recall it right Kappes wanted to avoid school holidays.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Normally during a convention there is a small group that stays up late or shall I say early talking, drinking and smoking untill the first light! This year was very special: we were in the UK were the bars close at 11:00 or 00:00 and in the hostel there was no bar no music and when we wanted to go outside for a smoke and a talk we were standing in front of the hostel. Immediately the guard came to us and said we could not talk so loud and that we should move to the otherside of the road. So we did, on the otherside we were talking and the guard came again and said: no not there but over there. Which was two metres further. So this really became the joke of the weekend and every time we were talking somewhere we said to eachother huss not there but 2 metres over there.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Yeah and remember the last day.
    We were eating together with Mad-Ice before leaving for train/plane station... it was 11.50am and I said : ok, one last beer before going back to France (and water ).
    The guy said : "I can't give you a beer".
    Mad-Ice and I were : o_O'
    The guy explained : "I can't give you a beer before noon".
    Mad-Ice said something like : "And I thought the restrictions in my country were silly!"

We agreed to never come back to England for a convention

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thumbs up

Finally I got my best part up and uploaded all pics and videos!

EWC7 pictures:

EWC7 videos:
    1. 2013-07-11 pub chat (07:07)
    2. 2013-07-11 burger bar dance (02:57)
    3. 2013-07-11 disc jockeying at hostel (04:24)
    4. 2013-07-12 loading arrival (00:48)
    5. 2013-07-12 crowded subway (01:02)
    6. 2013-07-12 loading playing (00:19)
    7. 2013-07-13 playing pulse at hostel (02:44)
    8. 2013-07-13 loading arcade (01:04)
    9. 2013-07-14 the shard (00:46)

I've also finally uploaded 36 pics and 9 videos of last year's EWC6!

It was very enjoyable, despite the heat, the sleepless nights, the alcohol restriction and the odd rules of noise. Thanks alot to Hell and ag for showing up as locals. Thanks to everybody else for coming - I'm pleased for every single person attending! Additional thanks to Temet for his present - the chocolate box did not only survive without any harm, it's also the best one I've ever had. Really!

If someone feels offended by a picture or video, please contact me. For those being interested I can also scan all the paper sheets with the times.
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 12th August 2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: videos now accesible to everyone

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Thanks a lot for pics and vids. Great memories are now archived

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Mad-Ice (about the conventions): "it's beginning to get smaller"
    [...]
    Temet (about the convention at Mad-Ice's): "we were playing the old wipeouts, and for me it's still my best memory"
    Mad-Ice: "but I will do it again!"

YES! And I'll make that convention bigger by one person, me.

Amigo, thanks for sharing these first person view videos, this way I can play make-believe for this missed London convention. (Which I must say I thought would attract much more people! Where has the UK Wipeout love gone?)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Oh man, thanks for the vids.
    I will see Asa this week end, but I will miss you anyway!

I'm glad you like the chocolates Amigo, how did you like the Calissons?
    (You'll have to go the gym now )

PSN ID
    Thorinx

The Calissons (where is that name printed on the case?) are nice and I think those are the ones you adore. Can you forgive me for liking the big box more? It's really another league compared to chocolate boxes I ate/tried my whole life before and I almost gave up in having fun with those. And this one is so great! Seriously, you could not have made a better present! If I get to France again I'll definitly want to buy one of those.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Just remind me to bring you another box (bigger one?) for the next convention

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Boo I'm gutted we didn't know about this until it was too late! Would have been great to catch up and find out how you're all doing. Maybe next time

Glad you all had a great time though despite the 'Nanny state' ruining your fun Long live EWC!