Thread: European Wipeout Convention 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Thorinx

Guise, this is the 7th meeting already. Why should we not have a 10th? Just keep on growing - I have no intentions to skip meeting in 2016 again!

However, you're not european, so... you can't contend anyway. Hrhr! Just kidding. An Australian would be the farest one who ever made it. Until now DJ Techno from the US seems to be the one with the longest distance...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes please AmigoJack, if want to edit the track order of Pure, then I will be very happy. Just let HD/Fury be on the sheet eventhough we will probably not play them this year. Also, I will bring 2 uk poweradaptors, extensioncables, psps and enough games.

Like AmigoJack said: there will always be another convention. Either in the USA, Europe or maybe even Australia some day. It's always an honour to meet new pilots or old

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Let's have one in Shanghai, I always wanted to go there

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Damned, I started to play Street Fighter after giving up on the series since... well, Super Street Fighter 2!
    My plans on training on Wipeout have been ruined with SSF4 training

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Soooo.... not much time left. Is there any timetable for the tournament (what editions? only PSP ones?) Do we now the place where we would be able to sit and play?

@Temet: I'm also big fan of the series, it's my favorite fighting series actually. Did you checked 3rd Strike? I strongly recommend that (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSMEVhPvTY amazing!), it's the last true 2D SF with modified game mechanics and repainted characters. There is even PS3 edition with online multiplayer mode - which rox. Also there is SF x Tekken game, which is really fun and great game although I'm not fan of the gem system, it's more dynamic than IV but on the other hand it allows even more stupid mashing than IV for beginners and but anyway check it out if you didn't. I've had ton of fun with it

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The time table will be pretty much the same as previous years! Thursdaynight: getting to know each other, talking, drinking, dancing, playing pool and maybe a late night warm-up session of Pure.

Fridaynight: Pure
    Saturdaynight: Pulse

So during the day we can do some side seeing. This year we will not be able to play HD/Fury because there are too little UK pilots coming or able to host such a tour, unfortunately.

But no matter what we will have fun together

See yall soon, greetz Mad-Ice

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Hey guys, just a little travel information if you're flying in and it's your first time in London.

The hostel is in Russell Square, which has its own Underground station on the Piccadilly line. There's a fairly straightforward route there from every airport, but here's how to get there from the three major ones:

HEATHROW
    Easy, take the Piccadilly line all the way to Russell Square However, this is a really long ride. If you're willing to splash out a bit more on travel and want to shave off 10-15 minutes, get the Heathrow Connect to Paddington (don't bother with the Heathrow Express, it's VERY expensive). Then take the Circle or Hammersmith & City line to Kings Cross, and then the Piccadilly to Russell Square.

GATWICK
    Take the Gatwick Express to Victoria. From there, take the Victoria line to Green Park, and then the Piccadilly line to Russell Square

STANSTED
    Take the Stansted Express to Liverpool Street. Then you have two options. You can take the Central line to Holborn and then the Piccadilly line to Russell Square. Or you can take the Circle, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan lines to Kings Cross, and then the Piccadilly line to Russell Square.

CITY AIRPORT
    Take the Docklands Light Railway to Bank, then the Central line to Holborn and the Piccadilly line to Russell Square.

If anyone's coming in to any other airport, let me know
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 9th July 2013 at 06:27 PM.