Thread: European Wipeout Convention 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default European Wipeout Convention 7

Hello everybody!

EWC is coming at cha! Together with Hellfire_WZ we are going to make a great experience. Every year this is a fantastic event to meet new pilots from all over world, to talk to and to play your most favourite game; Wipeout with!

Where: central London in the United Kingdom.

When: Thursday 11th of July untill Sunday the 14th of July.

Before you all book your tickets we need to know who is coming. Hellfire_WZ will look into the hostel. When we find the perfect place to stay and to play our Wipeout tournament, Hellfire_WZ and I will say the 3, 2, 1, GO! sentence to book your plane tickets to experience the biggest Wipeout tournament out there!

Please let us know asap if you are coming! We will reserve a spot for you.

Greetz Hellfire_WZ and Mad-Ice
    Last edited by Mad-Ice; 22nd May 2013 at 08:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!
    Me and my 2 legs

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Hey guys!

That's awesome. I'm going for sure so count me in I will look for plane tickets later but I would like to arrive on 11th and leave on 14th.

All the best

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Count me in, right now please ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Hi everyone i never missed one so you count me in for sure!!
    It would be fantastic to meet new pilots and cheer up the good old days with the Ancients

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Sounds good. I have a wedding to attend to on the 11th, however I should be available for the remaining days. Once i hear more details about the hostel and such I can decide whether I can make it to the party!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Great to see the fast replies! Oh man getting hyped up immediately. Superb to see Hellfire_WZ, Temet, Dreamerx and Asayyeah again. Looking forward to meet Aeralys and Knux_Chaotic, if I am not mistaken here Knux, your other half visited the EWC already two times?! Make sure RR to be there. All other pilots from Wipeoutzone and WipeoutArena are invited.

Greetz Mad-Ice

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thanks for leaving a message on my phone, Mad - otherwise I would have surely missed this announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    Thursday 11th of July untill Sunday the 14th of July
    This collides a bit with another planned trip, so I have to check and report back if it really makes sense. Just looked up flights, which are ~224 EUR at reasonable times (which means: arriving on Thursday afternoon and departing on Sunday evening) and I think the price is okay. I'm curious how others plan their arrival/departure times. 3 years ago in Paris most people left on Sunday morning, which gave me a few hours to explore the city - and that's what I aim at again...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire_WZ View Post
    The reviews give me the creeps! It's pretty similar to our oldschool location Hans Brinker in Amsterdam which was cheap to sleep and play at, but also cheap in every other aspect. I guess we have no choice at all?

Hell, could you please visit it beforehand to get an own impression? I mean, both photos from the hostel itself and from guests look quite okay (the bunk beds remind me to Paris), but they don't reflect any atmosphere or staff behaviour. Thank you.

Also: what's the game plan? If there are only PSPs I'd be pretty bored (yes, I'm a bit sick of those games), if there are Vitas I can't contend (don't got one and even if there's a spare one, I have no experience). In other words: no PS3s will reduce my interest in playing at all (the 5th convention was no problem, as we played PSX versions, too).

Aside from those "problems" I'm surely anticipating to see you all again, of course! And to finally visit London. If someone else is thinking the same (playing doesn't matter, let's see the outside) it would help me, of course!

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Is anyone else from my end of the country going?? Would be epic if I had a travel buddy

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

very nearly attended previously, but ultimately never made it for a few years now, not through a lack of desire I might add.

this could (and should) be the year I finally get to say hello

hope to see you there.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kappeskopp

Shall i book by myself or you book for all of us?I arrive on friday 12.07 at seven am at Stansted and leave on sunday 14.07 at six fifty pm.
    Greats Marcus.

- - - Updated - - -

Shall i book by myself or you book for all of us?I arrive on friday 12.07 at seven am at Stansted and leave on sunday 14.07 at six fifty pm.
    Greats Marcus.

im in

temet be sure to bring padded cloths and a helmet with you. we dont want a repeat of last year

EDIT: i just got back from the pub and my friends decided to move our beer pong torney to the 13th . so i will have a look at train times and see if i can come for the day/evening on the 12th
    Last edited by Mr Phlanj; 6th June 2013 at 01:19 AM.