Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox One Discussion

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Microsoft has done a complete U-Turn and scrapped both the DRM of used games and the need for internet connection every 24 hours.

They said the ONE will only need a internet connection for initial setup, then after that it will never NEED to be connected online again if you don't want to, just like the 360

Two U - Turns in a month, first the reappearance of the START button in Win8 and now this.
    What next, a Xbox ONE price drop of US$100 ?

Don't worry, if they are true to form I'm sure Microsoft will still have few bad decisions up their sleeve that they have yet to inflict on their customers.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I want to get off Mr XBone's Wild Ride.

Non jpegged original

Now if they remove the NSA probing tool they might be able to compete on price... We'll see...

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Due to the change they've also removed the online library sharing feature with 10 friends, which was arguably the hidden gem of the console, buttered between a sandwich of consumer rage and BS. Problem now is that there's nothing to distinguish this console against the PS4, apart from the remaining negatives:

No indie self publishing
    Kinect required
    Kinect itself
    Kinectimals
    Kinect 4
    Kinect the Dots
    And Sports Sports TV TV TV TV

I was never going to buy an Xbox One. Even if I didn't like MS's original concept as a consumer, I would have liked it to have gone through. Not because I don't like the company or anything, but I would have been interested on how the industry changed or progressed around it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I read the BBC news science report early this morning my time, and I'm sure they said that the Xbox ONE's online libary sharing was still intact.

Something was mentioned that you could do a "Virtual trade in " of downloaded games with a newly implemented Xbox system
    Where by you lose use of the ones you have already downloaded and select to trade in, and Microsoft gives you a partial credit towards the purchase of another downloadable game.

Since Xbox points is being scrapped I suppose it's the next best thing, but then again I know very little about Xbox stuff via hands on experience.

I think Xbox fans have seen that Microsoft is prepared to shaft them if allowed, and that has become distasteful enough for some to change to a PS4 regardless of the recent U-Turn

PSN ID
    Aeralys

The library sharing can't be intact anymore now that the update makes discs required to be in the tray to play. See this part of their official statement:

"These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray."

Downloaded titles can't be shared now either. I imagine the family sharing thing is still intact, but that's something separate bound to the console, or perhaps consoles on a LAN.

The virtual trade in feature sounds good if true. Its a better incentive to buy digitally or new copies than DRM was. Also it's a much smoother and less intrusive strategy than DRM, to integrate users and grant developers more profits.

But I've turned into quite a niche gamer these days. Fire Emblem and Ni No Kuni have been my favourites so far this year. Can't stand the Safe AAA "story over gameplay" models like Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. Way too many button prompts and QTE's in those types, never results in any good sense of depth. I find it hard to be satisfied playing indie games either. I always prefer physical copies too. Hell I looked everywhere for the Disc based WOHD Fury before I actually gave up and downloaded it.

Gaikai and The digital trade in idea would be good for me to try games cheap that I'm unsure about keeping, but that's about it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah the family plan is gone, which is probably the biggest lost in this whole thing. However unless I'm wrong in interpreting how it works (and let's face it, that's entirely possible given MS hasn't done anything to inform the public about it), it seemed very similar to what was possible on PS3 at one point with the five PS3 account activation limit. You know, that thing that got reduced to two activations per account because people abused it. I don't see how that ten account limit would have worked and survived publisher pressure, or even pressure from MS itself.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Is MS even trying any more?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

There was virtually no reason why they needed to take out that family sharing feature. They just did it purely out of spite since they didn't want to accept the fact that they were ignorant and arrogant in the way they were trying to show off their console, which resulted in fans' and gamers' outrage.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

the rumors on the interwebs are saying M$ will do a new "reveal" of the xbox1 on Gamescom over here in cologne. with all the u-turns they announced recently, it'll be not the same console they revealed at E3. my question: when i have xbox live gold for the 360 already, do i have to purchase another gold membership for the 1 or is like PS+, one subscription for all systems?

I don't recall reading anything official on this topic yet, but it wouldn't make much sense to opt for different subscriptions : it would be more complicated for them and for us, more confusing for us and for their customer support, and at best they could win a few extra bucks at the cost of making lots of players angry. With that said, they made so many mistakes since the first day they announced the xbox one that I'm not sure whether they'll do it or not...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Default XB1 Discussion

Hey hey my fellow pilots. This is a thread simply to talk about your opinions and views on the Xbox One. Anything from your likes and dislikes to you just straight on ranting about stuff (which seems to be the case for me lol). This was a little chain on the PS4 topic, so I thought why not create a dedicated XB1 topic for this.

Here's my little rant about the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys
    I heard people are getting banned on XBL for excessive swearing and inappropriate language. And also for swearing on Skype calls with friends and stuff. Yeah apparently the Kinect listens to your convos and reports them to Microsoft and they check up what you say or something to that effect. So I guess free speech is a goner on there. I've noticed, there aren't nearly as many irritating pre teens on PSN funnily enough, seeing as it used to be free. Do you guys think Sony will start doing something to this extent in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by vincoof
    Microsoft could have done that before. Kinect just made it easier. In the end it all depends on what you find acceptable in a conversation. Moderation has always taken place in our world. You can not swear on the street, nor you can swear on the forums over the Internet. Why would it be allowed to swear using VoIP ?

As for Sony, it will be a bit more complicated since the PS systems don’t have a microphone by default (read as: unlike XBO which provides Kinect to everyone) but if they have the chance to do something similar they will do it. AFAIK today you can already get your PSN account banned for inappropriate text messages. Using audio is simply the next step in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGSys
    You can't swear on forums online? Oh man, I wish that were actually true. There would be so many more intelligent conversations to be had. Almost every single forum I've come across (except this one of course ) has had pretty vulgar swearing on it. Some quite chronically. And mods don't usually mind unless it gets way outta hand. But this whole XBL thing is kind of taking it too far. I'd understand if MS handed out bans for user abuse and being a general pain-in-the-neck to everyone but Skype calls? That should really be reconsidered. Some people like to vent to friends through Skype about a particular game, situation in life or just about anything but now they have to hold back because MS wishes to keep their service a "clean, safe and fun" environment for everyone. I don't think they have any right to be listening in on/recording everyone's private calls through Skype. That Kinect is one eerie piece of technology lol. Sorry for skewing this whole thing to Xbox but it just sorta struck me as absurd when you pay for this.
    TLDR;

-I found out MS listens to you talk and bans you for swearing on Skype with your friends.
    -vincoof said it happens all the time, even on PSN, only with text chat.
    -I said it's not cool when it's a private call to a friend, and when you're not abusing anyone.

This was the seed that was this topic's creation basically. But yeah, I mean there are good things about the XB1, it's not like I hate it or anything. but so far, there's nothing I like about what Microsoft is doing. The only thing that is positive for me is the fact that this console truly can be called innovative. The Kinect, while being creepy as hell, is really damn advanced. The thing can freaking map out the whole room and any people in it in complete 3D, it can detect multiple people in the room, and many more. The Xbox One itself is okay I guess but the whole XB1 show is about the Kinect and how it impacts the overall experience. So what are your thoughts on this rival console?

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Game play and graphics wise, its not a bad wee console. Had a go of playing one this evening and its actually not too bad. The controller is slightly smaller than the 360's one, therefore fits better which is good. Menus are pretty much the same. Nothing too bad to say about it really. I just prefer my PS4 ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    -I said it's not cool when it's a private call to a friend, and when you're not abusing anyone.
    I’m pretty sure MS doesn’t "spy" random conversations to ban people. They take actions for conversations that have been reported by other players. I highly doubt any American company would dare spying conversations openly since the Watergate scandal.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

What about the NSA? That was some creepy stuff. Also, how in the world did I not notice this topic earlier lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Quote Originally Posted by AGSys View Post
    TLDR;

-I found out MS listens to you talk and bans you for swearing on Skype with your friends.
    -vincoof said it happens all the time, even on PSN, only with text chat.

This was the seed that was this topic's creation basically. But yeah, I mean there are good things about the XB1, it's not like I hate it or anything. but so far, there's nothing I like about what Microsoft is doing. The only thing that is positive for me is the fact that this console truly can be called innovative. The Kinect, while being creepy as hell, is really damn advanced. The thing can freaking map out the whole room and any people in it in complete 3D, it can detect multiple people in the room, and many more. The Xbox One itself is okay I guess but the whole XB1 show is about the Kinect and how it impacts the overall experience. So what are your thoughts on this rival console?
    This was proven true by me. I had an XBox One (Just for Forza 5), and I was on a Skype call. About 50 people were just spam-calling me just so that I could lose an online race. So basically I said (Apologized for swearing):

"**** you! Go the **** away already!"

And on about the 2nd time I said that, I was immediately taken back to the Home screen and a Banned until 12/31/9999 message appeared. After that, my console shut off... permanently.

However, until that point, I was enjoying Forza 5; it's a really good game. So if you're a Forza fan, get Forza 5 for the XBox One, but beware...

You mean you can not turn on your console ever again?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

My son is a hardcore gamer, he did play all the consoles but he did decided, he is not getting a XBox one but he wants a PS4!!! go figure! (My boy! lol)

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    pp-123

Quote Originally Posted by vincoof View Post
    You mean you can not turn on your console ever again?
    Exactly, because you need to be connected to XBOX live to turn on your console (I was console banned basically).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

you need to be connected to XBOX live to turn on your console
    I'm sorry but you're full of ****. You don't need XBOX Live to turn on your console, and you can play offline games without XBOX Live. An internet connection is required only for first time setup and day one system update, and XBOX Live itself is only required for multiplayer and apps/services beyond games.

I don't believe you own an XBOX One, I think you're just posting crap for the sake of it. It's fun to hate on the XBOX One, but you're pushing the disinformation too ****ing far.

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25300408

So 4chan got in on the Xbox One fun and have gullible users bricking their consoles...