Thread: Realizing You're Awful

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default Realizing You're Awful

Well, I got a PS3. Getting this was the first thing I did. Now, I've been playing HD on my Vita for ages now, so I thought I'd stand a chance when I tried the online here.
    Raped.

I got DUSTED before I hit the first dash plate. It was like playing on vector against people on zen.
    I use EG-X and G45 a lot. What exactly am I doing wrong. I try to BR whenever possible. I go off the beaten paths (namely in Sol 2, Ubermall, and Chengou RE).
    Are there any advanced tactics people use when not taking shortcuts? I don't anything. :<

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

You're doing nothing wrong lol. Online is a bit of a shock to the system to begin with. The jump from HD on the Vita to HD on the PS3, feels compleatly different in my opinion. Just keep at it, practice makes perfect ^_^

If you're still having bother, test fly other ships etc. But as I said, practice makes perfect. ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Racing on the VITA instead of the PS3 makes you 5-10 seconds slower! You don't stand a chance against PS3 players, even rookies! Something with this cross-play functionality that went really wrong. Why Sony? Why!?! 2048 could have gotten DLC instead... Just get online on your PS3 and start winning races again is my advice.

It was weird that the framerate on the vita was poor for HD. 2048 seemed to be more graphically intensive (huge environments onscreen at least) than HD, and ran much smoother. What would have been cool would have been HD just being released exactly as it was on the ps3 (but optimized to run smoothly) and being separate from 2048 altogether. Maybe a free DL for purhasing 2048 or something. Sony pushed so hard for cross play, then killed it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

While HD is a pretty good prep. for 2048, I doubt 2048 is a good prep. for HD. The utter lack of control you have of your ship in 2048 compared with HD is the prime antagonist, discouraging players from even trying to master it - 2048 is just designed to be played casually, and you aren't even supposed to win, what with the goals being to hurt player X instead of coming first, etc., so beginners will just follow what the game tells them is the right way to play. In 2048's case, it simply isn't, regardless of how much the devs tried to kill the skill ceiling. At least good HD players will try to do what they did before. Only instead of controlling a nimble AG craft around a multi-variable track, it's all about guiding a 3&3/4-wheeled shopping trolley at ridiculous speed. A shopping trolley with the sound effects of a pee-wee 50 even though it has wings and a jet engine painted on the sides.

Most of the tracks are also incredibly flat and anything categorically non-track is strictly out of bounds, which doesn't encourage creativity; a necessary aspect required to make the most of HD's tracks.

HD is all about becoming intimately aware of how your ship works and behaves, and interacting with the track on as many levels as there are validly available to get to the finish line first. That's as far a cry from 2048 as is possible, really... so in other words: you have a whole new game to master! The only way you're going to get better is with time, practise, and patience. Have fun. HD is a very good game, and while it may become a timesink for you, it wasn't built from the ground up to purely waste your time.

Can you tell I kinda hate 2048?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

If you want to really deal with rampant differences in handling, try playing HD/FURY online while 3D mode is active.

It's like two different games.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Stick at it dude. Check out http://www.wipeoutrankings.com/. Go to the video matrix and check out the techniques from some of the World's best. Also just have a scout about on here, there's a wealth of information to help you improve.

Good luck, and welcome to the Zone

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Go in options, turns off the sensitivy of the buttons otherwise you need to push as a beast on the button to get full thrust.
    Seriously, it's maybe just this!

PSN ID
    drMannevond

What Temet said. Can make a huge difference.
    Also - pretty please - don't use the word "raped" in that context.

PSN ID
    Quickbeamtheent

There are many different ways to get better at this game. To gain a real intimate familiarity with each of the courses, speed lap is really nice--just remember to practice on all the speed classes, since your racing line on Flash will be very different even from your racing line on Rapier. For gaining proficiency for racing at high speeds, Zone is awesome. But there's probably no better way to train offline for online races than to race against the elite AI. Resist the temptation to use whatever ship in a race that you'd use for a time trial. I spent months getting to know the Qirex and Goteki ships, beating my own records, etc., only to find out that I consistently perform better in an actual race using AG System's ships.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

When I got my PS Vita and Wipeout 2048 months ago as a birthday present for myself I wasn't ready to be on PSN and now I getting hammered by one good pilot and I discovered that I don't have a PS3 or Wipeout HD Fury. I been trying to beat this new pilot during crossplay, but I get smashed and burned every time. I need help anyway if anyone wants to help me.

Thanks
    KronicReaper

Timezone
    GMT -2
    PSN ID
    EmmaTH_

Uh.....S-sorry to stop you but stop talking like that!
    I don't go around trying to act like Ms. Tough, even if I do, it's just out of self-defense.
    U need money for the game, right? For $9 u got it consider it. =D

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

Palpatine: Lord Reaper, can you hear me?
    KronicReaper: Yes master, did I defeat ALovelyLilith?
    Palpatine: No she was too strong.
    KronicReaper: No I almost had her beaten, I felt it!!!
    Angry rage
    KronicReaper: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 15th September 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KronicReaper88

BTW I better shut my mouth about this one.
    Last edited by KronicReaper; 19th October 2013 at 10:42 PM.