Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A celebration of WipEout - hosted by The Average Gamer, Saturday 23rd March, London

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Depends on how many people are there at the time, but I'm planning to start it around 6. Will push it back a bit if more people are arriving later.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Ouh,I cant come....
    it´s looking realy nice,but I´m living in Germany and I´m"under age"...

Nice timing to have this eulogy from eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...udio-liverpool

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

On my way into London now. If you're coming to the Gaming Den, see you there! If not, I'll try and plaster the place with pictures where I can

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Gutted I cant make it

Hope those of you who do manage the fun filled adventure, have an epic time ^_^

PSN ID
    Aeralys

I'm going to be late, mainly because I'm hungover from a party last night. Getting lost in London was quite an experience haha! See the attendees soon.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Trust me, there'll be more than enough alcohol there for hair of the dog to be an effective remedy

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Ahaha good. Though drunk and phantom class driving is proabaly against the law. Should pilot assist be turned on after everyone's had a few? LOL

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

What a night that was! Much Wipeout was played and much alcohol was consumed, and all in all it turned into an absolutely fantastic experience. Thanks to LJ, Aeralys, CHEESEE, MENGKESHI, yawnstretch, Chill and everyone else for coming along, it was great to finally meet some of you and to share some frustrating moments *coughBOMBcough* on the big screens. We noticed some familiar faces online while we were racing too, so of course thanks to all of you too Congratulations to Aeralys for winning the 1v1 tournament! Thanks to Nick and Debbie for making it all happen, the venue and projectors were absolutely mindblowing. And above all, thanks to Karl and Ami for coming down to top the night off. We had some good times after-hours too, especially seeing the two of them square off on one of the big screens

Here's a load of pictures from last night. Please bear in mind it was dark, I only had a rather poor iPhone camera... and I was proper pissed

IMG_0113.jpg IMG_1023.jpg IMG_1021.jpg IMG_1020.jpg IMG_1019.jpg IMG_0136.jpg IMG_0134.jpg IMG_0131.jpg IMG_0126.jpg IMG_0122.jpg IMG_1025.jpg

There was also time for some other stuff too. Plenty of retro games were there, including Soulblade, SSBM, Virtua Cop and World Cup Italia '90. Ami soon found out what happens when you try me on that last one

WCI90 ownage.jpg

There are bound to be many more photos (much better than mine) on The Average Gamer in the near future, as well as an interview with Karl and Ami that is definitely worth a watch.

However, as I mentioned previously, this was Ami's last official appearance representing Wipeout. We all took this photo at the end to mark the event. Ami, thank you so much for all you've done for the community.

IMG_1032.jpg

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Last night was fantastic! It was great to meet some fellow pilots after all this time and have a blast on the projector screens. The tournament had some pretty tense moments too! I got so hooked on the WOHD that I didn't spend much time in the retro room! You and Ami were going crackers on the World Cup Italia. These photos are nice! Can't wait to see the others and any recordings that were made at the event.

It's funny that when I was trying to sleep I could still hear the double mash up of the HD Fury menu music in my head, playing from two of the setups.

My phone camera quality is crap and has no flash so I couldn't really take photos well, I did notice this by the bar haha! IMG00029-20130323-2004.jpg

Thanks to everyone that attended and made the night happen. I'll definitely be back for the next Gaming Den, to get proper pissed as well, heck I even scored a free beer as I arrived!

And thanks Ami for everything you've done for the community! I couldn't quite run off with your helmet, as much as I really wanted to. IMG00031-20130323-2136.jpg
    Last edited by Aeralys; 24th March 2013 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks to everyone who came last night. It was a real pleasure for all of us at the gaming den to be able to show off the awesomeness of WipEout.
    On a sadder note, it was a fitting goodbye from Ami to WipEout with a load of hardcore 2-player matches against Karl Jones after the event had finished.

As Charlie has said, there'll be more photos, videos and interviews from the event coming to The Average Gamer.

Thank you Studio Liverpool for making so many brilliant WipEout games.
    Race complete. Gold medal awarded.

PSN ID
    Aeralys

*Browses Facebook* ..."The gaming den will return on the 4th May 2013. Mark those calendars people "

SUCCESS!

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

I knew i should of gone... but in a way im glad i didnt, my piloting skills are laughable at the moment and i would of been a laughing stock amongst you guys!
    But im glad you all had some fun keeping Wipeout alive!

PSN ID
    Aeralys

Actually we all had to adjust a bit, as there was a slight input delay due to using the large projector screens and wireless controllers. It turned into quite a challenge on Wipout 3, having to predict when to predict our predictability of cornering prediction to avoid blowing up.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I'm glad I've finally met some people from the Wipeout community in person for the first time... And I've been a big fan of the series for more than a decade!!! It was a great pleasure meeting those of you guys that were there, and hopefully won't be the last time to meet fellow pilots from the WipeoutZone and Wipeout community.. :-D

*hugs*

Such a wicked night! So good to meet y'all

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

so cool. I miss it.

PSN ID
    Aeralys

A couple more photos of the event has appeared on the Gaming Den's facebook page here.

So Grid 2 is being hosted at the next one on the 4th May, more fun for us racing types then, yeah!

PSN ID
    MENGKESHI

Sorry for the late reply - it was awesome! Great to meet everyone!! Thanks to everyone involved in organising!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

An interview with Ami from the Wipeout night

If anyone is planning to come down this weekend for the GRID 2 event, I will see you there!