Thread: A celebration of WipEout - hosted by The Average Gamer, Saturday 23rd March, London

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Default A celebration of WipEout - hosted by The Average Gamer, Saturday 23rd March, London

I've been dying to tell you about this for ages now

On Saturday 23rd March, The Average Gamer will be hosting the next of their Gaming Den events in East London. This one though will have a major difference - it will be WipEout focused!

So what can we expect?

• EVERY SINGLE WipEout game ever playable on native hardware
    • WipEout HD Fury on three enormous HD projectors
    • Plus a host of other retro games as well

This promises to be an epic event for any WipEout fan, and we plan to provide a fitting celebration for a series that has had a major influence on us all. I expect if anyone brings their handhelds with them that there will be some local multiplayer madness going on too. Also, while unconfirmed at present, they are hoping to invite down as many members of the WipEout team as they can, both past and present, and also they are trying to see if Tim Wright would be able to provide live music for the event.

However, while this does promise to be one hell of a night, there is unfortunately a very sad note to all of this as well. This will be Ami's final appearance as community manager for WipEout. She has been moved onto Evolution's upcoming PS4 release Driveclub and she will be unable to continue in her role as WipEout community manager as a result of this. So as well as celebrating the series, I would also like the night to be a mark of our appreciation for all that Ami has done for the community, and for us to give her a night to remember it all by. She will of course still remain a member of the community itself, nothing can take that away from her.

So people, please do your best to make it down to London for what promises to be an amazing night. I look forward to seeing some of you there!

Details for the event, including address and timings, can be found on The Average Gamer's site here - http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2013/...peout-edition/

EDIT: Along with a picture of me on the far console getting my arse kicked on Smash Bros Melee
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 5th March 2013 at 10:50 PM.