Thread: Wipeout Pure - Cannot find on the Playstation store (US)

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Wipeout Pure - Cannot find on the Playstation store (US)

Is it not available in this territory? Could I get an EU friend to buy it and then sign into their account and download it? Please and thanks for any help!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Does anyone know? Sorry if this is already covered, I tried the search function but couldn't find out if it hadn't been or if I just couldn't find it. !

PSN ID
    LJtheZombie/RichardDastardIy

If you're using a PS3 to accss the store, you can find it under Games->PSP Channel->All PSP Games. To make it easier to find, you can sort in reverse alphabetical order using the option in the top-right. Shows up just fine on my US account.

edit: Also shows up under the PSP games section in the Vita store if you're using that, though that's with my European account.
    Last edited by LJtheZombie; 4th February 2013 at 08:38 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Aaah, thanks! I am indeed with a Vita. Pretty sure I can't see it though. However gamestop will sell me the download for the same price as the PS store has listed (for both pure and pulse). Maybe that is the way to go. Thanks!

PSN ID
    art-cloud (PS3 & Vita)

Sorry to revive this thread, but the digital version of WipEout Pure seems to be delisted for real now; I am unable to find it in the EU PSN Store, even when I try the above steps. Same goes for the digital version of the first WipEout for PS3/PSP/PS Vita. Should have grabbed them while they were still available...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Are you referring pure version? I will check it for you

stevie ☺

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

(German Store) I accessed the store with the Vita and indeed - only Pulse is available for whatever reason.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Noticed ps store have changed it. But if you are looking to download, Google for pure extras. Hope that's helps you?

Stevie ☺

Related to this topic, I am trying to get Wipeout Pure on my Vita. I'm late to the Vita party only just picked up a second hand slim.
    I can't find Pure on the PS Store, Pulse is there but no Pure.
    The PS store has closed on PSP, I have Pure on UMD but never bought the digital so it doesn't show up in my account downloads. Is the digital one out there anywhere?

Can anyone help?

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by chri5 View Post
    Related to this topic, I am trying to get Wipeout Pure on my Vita. I'm late to the Vita party only just picked up a second hand slim.
    I can't find Pure on the PS Store, Pulse is there but no Pure.
    The PS store has closed on PSP, I have Pure on UMD but never bought the digital so it doesn't show up in my account downloads. Is the digital one out there anywhere?

Can anyone help?
    I have it, i bought it in 2017, so it was there at one point.

It seems that the game was removed from the store before or after it's 15th year anniversary, so it looks like Sony licensed the music tracks to last for 15 years, since they have expired for pure, they don't want to renew them (due to the investment for relicensing the tracks is not worth it) so they removed the game from the store.

Keep in mind that any game that has a lot of licenses in it, will get delisted at some point, usually, they last around 5 years, some last 10, but i think some games have license that last for 15 years, as i still see some games from 2007 on Steam with a lot of licenses in it that barely sells or have any players, and haven't been updated in over a decade, is still up to this day.

Dump your UMD of pure from your PSP to your vita (requires jailbroken vita) It's the only way you be able to play pure on your vita

But in the future, keep in mind that anything that has multiple licenses in it, will 99% get removed at one point, so if you are interested in like wipeout pulse for example, you should get it while it still lasts on the store, even if you don't plan on playing it for now.
    Last edited by Racingfan; 24th April 2020 at 10:15 PM.

I managed to buy it here: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...DLEGACY0000001
    Log out if you don't have a US account else it forwards you to your region and a dead link.
    I had to create a US playstation account, it was a lot of messing about. But I did notice when I downloaded it on the PSP and logged back in with my UK account it was still playable.

If I want it on my Vita I need to mess around with a second memory card unless as you say I jailbreak it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think you need to purchase old PSP games VIA a PS3 or PC, then transfer to PSP/VITA via a PS3.....if buying via PC the game will show up in your store purchases.

The PS4 doesn't support PSP games as far as I know, at least they don't show up if searching the PStore using a PS4.