Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation problem

Default Installation problem

Hi everyone. My old ps3 left me some month ago, so I bought a new one and I tried to reinstall the welcome back games: Wipeout HD + Fury Expansion and Dead Nation. Through "Account Management" > "Transaction Management" > "Download List" I was able to install Dead Nation and the "Wipeout Full Game Unlock file" but neither the Wipeout HD game file nor the Fury expansion...
    Why is it ok for Dead Nation (without the "Account Management trick" I had the same problem) and the small Wipeout Unlock file but not for Wipeout?
    Every time I try to install the game, I get a strange message: "You can use this content on a Psp system. Do you want to copy it on a Psp system?" Of course my answer is NO (I don't have a Psp), and there is no option to install it on a PS3.
    One detail: on my new Ps3's I copied the saves (both Wipeout's saves and Dead Nation's saves) from my old PS3 (I did a backup of my old console and installed it on the new one BEFORE trying to reinstall the games). Is this causing the problem? But Dead Nation did't give me any problem, so I don't know what to do.
    Can someone help me?
    I really love Wipeout and I miss it so much...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Probably you didn't deactivate your PSN account in your previous PS3, and thus, Sony won't let you install Wipeout HD in your new console because you have reached the limit of copies you can have of the game in different PS3 systems.

At this point I'm not completely sure what you should do since you've done the data transfer to your new PS3 before deactivating your PSN account form there, and I don't want to say something that may worsen your problem.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I think this is quite a widespread problem for some reason. Have you tried contacting Sony customer support?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

A friend of mine just told me he had this problem. He said he'd tried contacting Sony support and they said "You're on your own."
    Charming really, a welcome back and an slap in the face rolled into one for my friend...I'd be very interested to know if anybody ever finds a solution to this, "on their own".

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

AFAIK you can do this through playstation.com now. Before you did have to call CS and ask for a deactivation, I remember I did after my YLOD to get stuff working on the new unit. I think they have implemented a user option now to ease up on those calls and not have to keep track of this "one time only CS favor" as it used to be.

Thanks everybody for answering!
    I deactivated my old Ps3 in my account via website about one month ago, but it didn't work. When I called the Customer Support, the answer was very similar to Medusa's friend one: "We'll investigate and we'll let you know if a solution will be found". Translation: you'll die without having your game back.
    I am almost sure this problem is caused by the new damned Store, but will ever they fix it? I don't think this is a relevant problem for Sony, and I have little hope they'll spend time on it.
    I'll keep on trying (even if I still don't know what else I can try) and if I'll ever find a solution, be sure that I'll let you all know.

Hey rossisergio71

I raised this with the PlayStation Store Team and they are looking at a fix as we speak

I'll let know know how it progresses/when it's fixed

Thanks a lot, I'll stay tuned!
    Last edited by Colonel; 18th January 2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: No need to quote the post above yours

PSN ID
    Ziz528

I have an identical problem, old PS3 YLOD'ed, got the new slim, can't install it.

Any news?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

i had the same problem and error message. - but i could solve it.
    unfortunally, i cant remember completely, but i believe that the following advices should be useful.
    1. go into PSN store
    2. click on "show downloads"
    3. now there is a list of all downloaded things.
    4. choose your wipeout data and download it again.

how i said, i believe that this "technique" should help.
    i dont know why but it seems there is a problem with the way u did.

at nothing bad happens if u do it like i said. gyou can give it a try

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

You say you have the unlock key? I think that means that you just need to download the wipeout demo/trial and the key will unlock the full game? Try and find the demo/trial in the store and try that.

Quote Originally Posted by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix View Post
    i had the same problem and error message. - but i could solve it.
    unfortunally, i cant remember completely, but i believe that the following advices should be useful.
    1. go into PSN store
    2. click on "show downloads"
    3. now there is a list of all downloaded things.
    4. choose your wipeout data and download it again.

how i said, i believe that this "technique" should help.
    i dont know why but it seems there is a problem with the way u did.

at nothing bad happens if u do it like i said. gyou can give it a try
    Thanx. I tried this method with Dead Nation (I had the same installation problem) and it worked, but not for Wipeout...
    For Wipeout it worked only for the small file named "full game unlock"...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGeeza22 View Post
    You say you have the unlock key? I think that means that you just need to download the wipeout demo/trial and the key will unlock the full game? Try and find the demo/trial in the store and try that.
    Ok, I'll try and I'll let you know. Fingerz crossed!

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

Quote Originally Posted by trackripper View Post
    I have an identical problem, old PS3 YLOD'ed, got the new slim, can't install it.
    We managed to get it to install somehow (He's my bro). He said he redownloaded it or something. After that happened we couldn't get Fury to install, and we solved that by updating HD.

This probably doesn't help (sorry), because I don't know what happened, but just an update. Our HD Fury works fine.

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

Still no luck rossisergio71?

After one year... Tried everything but I'm still living without my Wipeout. I'd hope for a PS4 version or for a whole new game, but Studio Liverpool is dead...

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

you might need to uninstall/delete whatever wipeout files you've downloaded, reboot the PS3, then download the full game pack from PSN store and install.

Hope this helps.

Thanks terra-wrists. I tried but I still have the same problem.
    But... I have discovered the existence of a phisical version of the the game (Fury Pack included) at a reasonable price (less than 20 €). I don't like to pay for something that I already own and that doesn't work due to a problem not caused by me, but I love this game too much...

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Did you make sure that u have the ps3 version and not vita?
    Err, did you try it with that way?
    PSN
    Account management
    Transaction Administration
    Download list
    Scroll to the 3 wipeout title

Thanks man, I downloaded the files through the account management... This method was ok for reinstalling Dead Nation but not for Wipeout... Really strange!
    But today I went to a Gamestop and... Lucky lucky! Found a copy of Wipeout HD Fury!!!
    So I'm back to the future!
    Unfortunately my old saves (almost finished the HD campaign on Hard difficulty with all golds) are not recognized by the game (the game downloaded from the PSN and the game on disc maybe have not the same BLES xxxx code, so for the system are two different games), but that's not a big tragedy. I'm really too happy to have my beloved Wipeout back.
    In 2 hours I've already completed Uplift and Frenzy, Hard difficulty of course!
    I also spent some time taking photos with the wonderful photo mode. I think I'm gonna play till the morning light!
    I wanna thank everybody for the support granted. Thank you guys, I really appreciated it! This is a really nice community!
    Last edited by rossisergio71; 16th August 2014 at 02:26 AM.