View Poll Results: Is WipEout HD Fury the best overall PS3 game?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 96.43%
  • No

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is WipEout HD Fury the best overall PS3 game?

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

I buy PS3 for wipeout in my home country.

I come to France and not have PS3.

I buy new PS3 slim and wipeout for play it in France.

I have 2 PS3 now. One Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. One the France

My first time I play online it the France and I very scare for the professional racer because they is very good. Last year I play a lot of online. This year I have study more less play.

I only play wipeout. Other game not interest for me. WIPEOUT IS THE BEST.

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

I agree TERRA-WRISTS! Hope you got some vids of those races last night. I think we were all hitting Top 30 times every race lol, got loads of PBs!

onlykpop is offline OMNIUM - Silver Final winner Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    onlykpop

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Over the last three years I've bought a number of games with a view to playing something other than HD. It's not worked. Fight Night round 4, GT5, Dirt 3, Skate 2, NFS Hot Pursuit, WRC 2 and many others, they've all fallen by the wayside, some within hours. And yet HD has over 1,100 hours of race time, probably double that in terms of the game actually being on, and probably double that again in terms of time spent in the Wipeout Universe e.g. on here, Youtube, rankings site, Facebook etc.

So yes, I'd say it's the best PS3 game. If I didn't think that I'd be mental.
    I couldn't agree more! I am sane because I know WipEout is the best game lol I have had it for 2 years now and i'm still learning! To me, a great game is one where you are constantly figuring new thing out. It never gets old!!!

Probably among the best games I've ever played, and the best one among PS3 ones. Technically almost perfect (You must be reeeeally proud of your graphics if you put inside your game a photo mode able to grab pictures from ANY moment of the game), challenging but not impossible, stylish... How could you want more?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

I would really like to know who voted "no"! Not to flame or criticize them, I just want to know what game is, in case I've been missing out here.

Tell us? Please?

I bet it's AG WOLF . Blur would be the game

PSN ID
    drMannevond

Nothing beats wipeout hd. It's the one game I keep coming back to. The only other games to even come close would be demon's souls and dark souls in my opinion.

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

Quote Originally Posted by scarfrogers View Post
    I agree TERRA-WRISTS! Hope you got some vids of those races last night. I think we were all hitting Top 30 times every race lol, got loads of PBs!
    My roxio not working. It say not find device driver lol. I change nothing. I can not record now

But so much fun we play the wipeout. I can play more Monday same time

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The only very visible issues I have with WipEout HD are more due to the hardware it is running on and more technical than design related.

-Poor split screen with bad framerate
    -3D also halves framerate
    -framerate instability during high action and dynamic framebuffer adjustment

I would love for Wipeout to have a constant 1080p 60FPS+ experience in 3D and split screen. Passed those, the issues are:

-Voice chat.
    -Networking improvements (ghosting/precision issues/etc.)

Regarding the content itself, maps should've been a bit more exploit proof than they were. Other than that there isn't really anything I can say about it.

However while other games may run at 720p 30FPS they can do so consistently. IMO I prefer higher resolutions, so I would still count this against.
    Networking can be better specifically in higher budget releases, and content and re-playability also appropriate. Again this is a wash IMO.

Considering that HD and Fury are not supposed to be on a similar level, it certainly gives a good run for the money and I can appreciate that. I'm not sure I would declare it the best because of cost though. I guess I am neutral on this.

Before WipEout HD I played a ton of Resistance Fall of Man and I appreciated that a lot too for the gameplay, the amount of content, re-playability and the fact that it was also a very stable release. So yeah, I can't really say.

Unfortunately my PS3 was quite literally abandoned after YLOD, so I have not kept up with anything after. I'm not sure you will ever see me on PSN again too because I don't really have an interest in that anymore.

TLDR: I can't vote on this, buncha reasons and feelings.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It is the best game available on the PS3/VITA
    It has far and away the best replay value of ANY PS3 game.
    It is far and away the best VALUE for it's asking price , for the same reason.

I mean nearly 3 years of solid controller thrashing video gaming on the one title ... I basically gave it up for a year ... then the OMNIUM Tournament .... Oh you bastard .... I'm HOOKED AGAIN ...Need to shave that fraction of a second off my SL/TT Times.

I forgot how much I LOVE THIS GAME!

Try it in 3D ...Totally different experience to normal 2D.
    Zone in 3D will just do your head in ..... well Hellfire & Problemsolver would lov3e it .... TOO MUCH for me.
    Visual overload, same as I find the FURY Tracks.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 3rd February 2013 at 09:43 AM.