Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone besides me really like the music from WipEout?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasudeva
    The Saturn version has three additional tracks: "Brickbat", "Planet 9" and "Poison". They're not by CoLD SToRAGE however.

A10, "Cold Comfort" is one of my favourites as well .

V.
    They are by CoLD SToRAGE too. I have and beat the Saturn version and love them tracks too. especiallly Phantom 9. Too bad Trancevaal isn't on the Saturn though. I'sd like to get the PAL PS1 version of WO1 and EAC+FLAC those tracks, along with the Saturn new ones, to make a big, new complete WO1 OST. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    I know there was also an album version for wipeout (orig) as I saw it available on tape (!) almost 10 years ago in a local record store
    Wow! It was on TAPE?! That _had_ to be old. LOL. I thought the original soundtrack was released only in France. I don't think it includes the PAL Platinum or extra Saturn version tracks, so that soundtrack may not be complete.

No, the released "soundtrack" to the original WO barely contained any tracks from the game at all. None of the CoLD SToRAGE tracks were on it. Just the three licensed tracks and then a whole lot of other stuff like New Order and I can't think who else.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

re: brickbat, planet9, and poison
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917
    They are by CoLD SToRAGE too.
    have to correct you there... solved here

Cardinal Dancer music is great

Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    re: brickbat, planet9, and poison solved here
    Thanks.

i always loved wipeout music. i think it contributes to create such futuristic environment that only this game got.

I like CS tracks for WO1 (cold comfort is my personal fave) and Sasha's WO3 tracks (specially Xpander and Icaras) but I think WO2097 has the best soundtrack of any wipeout i've ever played (everyone but pure and fusion), not only for Future Sound Of London tracks (2 in-game & the intro song. I really LOVE FSOL but other tracks are great too (Chem.Bros, Photek,...)

About WO1, i own the PC version of this game and it only features Cold Storage's Tracks. it doesn't feature that extra tracks that other people have mentioned. 8O .I used to listen that songs using the WO CD but now it has so many scratches on it, that it doesn't play well, so I got the tracks from Cold Storage Website

Finally, don't you think that another great thing that also contribute to WO's futuristic "halo" is its graphic design & concepts by the designers republic? (I haven't read the entire forum but i think this topic deserves its own post, it if doesn't exist already :wink: )

DR has been discussed very frequently and in great depth. you'll find discussion of the company if you look around a bit with the search engine

I think that CoLD SToRAGE's Doh-T is the best in the game... I just brought the Sega Saturn version 2 years ago...and it still plays great today! And with the Sega Saturn version PAL, you can play it in a CD Walkman!