Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slipstream vehicle physics?

Just been playing the trial of slipstream gx - it's fantastic! How did you guys handle the collisions with the edges of the track to stop the ship flying off or getting stuck to the wall? And what type of collider / collider arrangement did you use?

Just been playing the trial of slipstream gx - it's fantastic! How did you guys handle the collisions with the edges of the track to stop the ship flying off or getting stuck to the wall and what type of collider / collider arrangement did you use?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey dropp. Thanks for your kind words.

For the tracks, we actually use two kinds of walls. The visible one which you can see with your eye and an invisible one, where you actually collide to. This way we can manipulate values of energy and speed taken only when colliding with a wall and even detecting how strong the impact was.
    But for further questions about that subject you better ask/wait for zero3growlithe's answer since he is our coder and he set it all up. Meanwhile, enjoy the trial! Maybe you can share a gameplay video with us? We like to see how people are doing on the tracks

Timezone
    GMT -5

I appreciate the info about how collisions work in your game, but I'm still not clear on how you override the collision impact forces. I PM'd zero3growlithe about it a few days ago but he didn't reply yet. Google doesn't seem to help me either with this particular issue so I'd appreciate it if you guys can give me a basic idea of how to change the collision behavior.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Had the demo version sitting on my desktop for awhile, finally decided to give it a go. It was awesome, I'm very impressed with it so far and can't wait to see future versions. If there's anything you guys need help with from someone who doesn't know any kind of programming.

I'm a bit handy in php and javascript, as well as most things dealing with the adobe suite. AE and Premiere included. So if I can assist in anyway, let me know.
    Last edited by Frailavi; 18th May 2013 at 02:32 PM.