Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SSGX development - Official Art (large images)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hehe thank you We went with a LeMans-alike design here

Thanks! The team/pilot is actually from New Zealand!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Ah, yes, on closer inspection, that IS a NZ flag, not Australia. Still, that's awesome!

CEN-R is done!
    Attachment 7678

Somewhere called London which you won't have heard of
    PSN ID
    B10H4Z4RD_B0Y

I like that Triakis exhuast looking really good!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

If it helps I would gladly contribute some of the sponsors done for the WipEout Deceit Project

Hey Sausehuhn.
    Well the problem about using those sponsors is that we're not sure we can use Wipeout related content. We've been trying to contact Sony about that matter, but we haven't got any reply yet, so we're trying to keep all Wipeout references to a minimum. If we manage to get permission from Sony, then we will consider your offering.

Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yep, I can clearly see that. Then again, there’s still a hand full of sponsors left, not related at all

Well, ok, PM me your skype name so I can add you to the group for file sharing.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Szeikan

I love that Cen-R skin Xpand!

By the way, I noticed something interesting. Coincidence or inspiration? The first is the turbo symbol. The second one is the flag of the Aichi prefecture in Japan. Striking resemblance, no?

I stumbled across this because while I think everything else is looking brilliant (the tracks, ship models, item symbols), I feel that the team and sponsor logos are comparatively lacking. They don't have that same professional feel that everything else in SSGX has. Just compare the WipEout team logos to the SSGX ones. The WipEout ones just have a much more professional feel. I know, that kind of criticism isn't that useful, but I think in general the issue is that the SSGX ones feel too "busy". Especially Amphithere and Atlas. Also Ifreet and Logos look a little too similar.

Anyway, I thought that this page with all the flags of Japanese prefectures have some great ideas. A lot of those flags have very clean designs on them which seem to fit well in the WipEout universe. I wanted to get some inspiration and try to come up with some alternate team logo designs.

Long story short, looks like someone had a similar idea to draw ideas from these flags =) Either that or just an insane coincidence that they turned out so similarly!

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    If it helps I would gladly contribute some of the sponsors done for the WipEout Deceit Project
    If you mean that you're the one who made sponsors like Cosmic Cab, 12A Global Engineering, Katmoda Project, I-TEC Activator, and KING, SSGX would benefit greatly from your work! The sponsor mockups for WipEout deceit look outstanding. I imagine there shouldn't be any copyright issues since these aren't actually connected to the real WipEout in any way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SZEIKAN; 6th July 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Hey!
    Thanks for the criticism. Yeah I also agree that some team logos need to be updated. Most of thost you said haven't been updated since like 2 years ago.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

Hey there, thanks for your critique.
    And you got 100%, our weapon logos are all inspired by the japanese city and prefecture symbols, only some are modified a bit. You can try to find all belonging japanese symbols for each pickup logo
    But because of that we use won't those style of art at any other sponsor logo we have. The pickup symbols have to stick out to the rest of the art in the game, or better said: It has to be another group to fit in.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Szeikan

Ah yes, I just found oryxcake's original post and thought I recognized the Akita prefecture symbol. Also Hiroshima.

Anyway, glad to see you're considering updating the team logos. I also noticed TypeProton's sponsors just now and they're great. Well, there goes my primary concerns! Keep up the great work!

Solaris CP01A (Prototype)

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Of all this time, through facebook and here, the jobs you`ve done are friggen awesome even sketches too. You all amazing artists!

stevie

The two last alternative skins are done.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Hnnggghh. They look amazing!

Timezone
    GMT + 7

New league logo!

Quote Originally Posted by docfo4r View Post
    Hey there, thanks for your critique.
    And you got 100%, our weapon logos are all inspired by the japanese city and prefecture symbols, only some are modified a bit. You can try to find all belonging japanese symbols for each pickup logo
    So we're shooting Japanese prefectures at eachother now?
    Last edited by TypeProton; 31st July 2013 at 02:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    docfo4r

The biggest wins

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Szeikan

I went to the website today and it's nice to see some of the team logos have been worked on =) Looking good. Not to mention the new Team pages are nice. Is the Advanced View not implemented at the moment?